• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive done 153mph on the clocks at 7050rpm in 5th... the gear ratio calulator i used said i was doing 152mph...

am i the only one with accurate clocks lol. my sat nav used to read 1mph lower then speedo too... must be the convertor!

clocks1.jpg

that was with 202.6bhp on a stock ct9 and stock engine at 1.1bar.

with 195/45/15 tyres there geared for 173mph at 7500rpm...

ive done 153mph on the clocks at 7050rpm in 5th... the gear ratio calulator i used said i was doing 152mph...

am i the only one with accurate clocks lol. my sat nav used to read 1mph lower then speedo too... must be the convertor!

clocks1.jpg

that was with 202.6bhp on a stock ct9 and stock engine at 1.1bar.

with 195/45/15 tyres there geared for 173mph at 7500rpm...

How dogdy does a starlet feel at 150+ though?

google gear ratio calculator, and find a glanza gear ratios and 195/45/15 tyres... at 7500rpm 173mph is the speed ull be doing :/

speedos r out. but cant see how rpm dial cud be out??? :/

never said ud reach that did i? gearing would allow it....

well i went past 180kmh pretty easy and have gone as far as 7500rpm in 5th....

and as my dials still read in KMH i dunno how fast it was going, but i know my dials are almost spot on cause i have had em tested due to a speeding fine i contested and won :p

Done 110 in my n/a, doesn't feel safe like in the newer cars, don't think am going to do that again but the car loved it. The back box sounds very different at 100plus as sound like a jet engine plane taking off on a runway. Had a good run with a fiesta st :p

got 100 out of the n/a ep85 in 5th at 5000rpm and still pulling. But didnt feel that safe and it was with 13 inch wheels aswell, although the gearbox in the ep85 aint built for speed or fuel saving, she drank alot that night :thumbsup:

i got a 117mph when it was n/a with CAI and 17" alloys on (205/40/17)...

but just would not go more than that lol...

havent tried it with the turbo engine yet though...

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get 165mph at a top speed event. At the event you had to go from a standing start and only had 1000 meters to get her up as high as you can. An extra bit of track woulda maxed the gear box.

Hoping to get 175mph this year with the new upgrades.