more really bad luck( always fasten bonnet pins lol)

yet again the starlet has brought me more bad luck first last Tuesday i lost all my gears so i suspected id smashed another clutch so had a new clutch friction disc made up, managed to get it slightly uprated apparently the 1 the chap built me was the same as the 1.6 vvti corolla...... so ive pared this with my trd clutch plate which i also smashed, so i took the gearbox off to find the clutch in like 30/40 pieces lol

so thats 2 clutches in 3 months lol including the trd 1.

so neways Sunday night finished messing with the car, went out to meet some mates only got half a mile or so booted it off the roundabout then...... shit the bed the bonnet flew up, but as it came up it ripped the hinge off on the 1 side so the bonnet ended up at 45 degrees off the side of the car. when it happened i thought something had swooped down at me with a black cloak/coat it took a few seconds to realize with the bonnet not being directly infront of me

some how theres no damage to the car at all apart from the bonnet and the scuttle panel so really lucky, i had to bend the attached hinge so i could fasten it down with the bonnet pins so i could drive it

then to add to this half hour later i blew the manifold gasket to pieces so i lost all boost. luckily ive already sorted this, i thought oh shit ive smashed the mani lol

you just gotta love these starlets :(

few pics B)

Image893.jpg

Image895.jpg

remember always fasten your bonnet pins :p

Dean

Skint - the word we all hate. B)

Yeah, always available Dean. I could possibly bring one to Birmingham for you to save postage too, just drop me a PM when you fancy one.

Good luck getting something sorted in the mean time though mate. :p

Fuck me thats bad luck!!!!

But look at it this way it didnt smash your windscreen in or your pillars which would of wrote the car off so quite lucky!

Hope you get it all sorted mate

Oh and when you get a Cruise bonnet dont for get to do the pins up FFS :p

Thats a bit shit mate, its standard bonnet though so how did it come up? Not like its carbon or anything? As others have said its lucky it missed the windscreen/pillars/roof otherwise you would be in evenmore shit.

Ive got a Standard White V bonnet for sale if you wanted that mate?

ah cheers for the offer mate but i think i might hold off for a cruise bonnet, ill let you know if i change my mind though.. basically i fucked the standard catch off when i put the alloy slam panel in so it was only held down with the pins but unfortunately i forgot to fasten the pins across so easily done! :ph34r:

and we all know my car loves clutches and wheel bearings etc nom nom nom :thumbsup: