Show me your Catch Cans!

Hey guys, some me your oil catch tank set-ups! Want to fit mine this weekend but unsure of where to put it or what pipe to order etcc..

So show me yours for some inspiration!! ;)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse the cable ties :)

110316_135938.jpg

thats the only one so far that appears to be plummed in correctly if i remember correctly.

@raz - forgive me if im mistakes but both your rocker breathers are connected to a catch tank which has no other breathers on it therefor its not letting any pressure out.

again sorry if im wrong as im no expert lol

Russell

thats the only one so far that appears to be plummed in correctly if i remember correctly.

@raz - forgive me if im mistakes but both your rocker breathers are connected to a catch tank which has no other breathers on it therefor its not letting any pressure out.

Russell

thats what i thaught when i saw it, do you not need to have a feed in and feed out to ventilate properly??

Russell

Mate your spot on, and if raz has no breather on that catch can he needs one asap.

I was thinking about plumbing one in the same as ForgedV is going to do :)

Also, ive heard that with no breather, it can add to the wear or crank seals, is this correct??

wouldnt of thaught it can damage the seals :s would only be the same as having a filter to atmosphere anyway just without the looks? maybe someone can confirm?

I was thinking about plumbing one in the same as ForgedV is going to do :)

Also, ive heard that with no breather, it can add to the wear or crank seals, is this correct??

The way ForgedV has his setup will do no damage the engine in any way, i dont think its the most effective but certainly wont damage anything.

The only way you will damage something is if u have both rocker cover breathers ( breather+pcv valve) Going to a cath can that is NOT vented. This will pressurise the crankcase which is bad news.

The way ForgedV has his setup will do no damage the engine in any way, i dont think its the most effective but certainly wont damage anything.

The only way you will damage something is if u have both rocker cover breathers ( breather+pcv valve) Going to a cath can that is NOT vented. This will pressurise the crankcase which is bad news.

mines not done yet lol will have the pcv valve pipe linked up with the rocker cover breather in a t-peice then straight into one port on the catch tank then ventilating out of the second port to underneath the car

mines not done yet lol will have the pcv valve pipe linked up with the rocker cover breather in a t-peice then straight into one port on the catch tank then ventilating out of the second port to underneath the car

Imo still not the most effective way :) but yeah will work fine as long as pcv valve is gutted :)

This is what i meant, sorry for the misunderstanding lol

I think ill be plumbing mine up the same as what ForgedV has just explained above, venting to atmosphere and not contaminating the inlet charge in anyway :)