Josheyboy's GT 14/07/12 Farewell :(

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been told a panhard rod is needed as when you lower a staret the body and the rear axil come out of alignment slightly so causes the drivers rear side to rub, mine dont rub only this wheel and as you can see its quiet bad :/

i have bought a set of rear coilovers from a member on here but after i was told i better be careful with having the back so stiff compared to the front it may make the car snap out going round a corner so I've put myself in abit of a shitter!

wel wen i spoke to geo bout coillys ages ago he said a panhard rod isnt really required unless your slammin the car on its arse.

and josh my old sr was stiff as fuck at the back and the front and also had no weight in the back either n didnt really wana step out unless i made it,get them on and go play about and find the gts limitations,itl surprise u how good itl b.

used to get a mini drift in the sr lol

its all good and well listenin too other ppls experiences bud but every cars difrent. my avatar pic shows my old sr runnin 16x7 team dynamics, at that point had it lowered 45mm and Had full interior and small boot install and on way to a cruise i had 2 large adults and a small adult in the back and a front passenger and it only buffed once and that was bout 90mph wen i hit a big bump on the road lol

mine are literally exactly the same mate, drivers rear. every little bump in the road and it chuffs it's tits off :(

drove it to norwich and back with an sr20 in the boot yesterday (norwhich is roughly about a 300 mile round trip for me haha)

but yeah panhard rod will deffo sort it out, i've got my eye out for one but might just buy a new one tbh.

even if it's on coilovers it will still scrub without an uprated panhard rod, trust lol. (obviously depending on how low you sit it, but still)

You definitely need a panhard rod on a lowered Starlet. I've had a fair share (to say the least) of Starlets, wheels and suspension setups and that's from my experience. You can see with your naked eye how the wheels go out of alignment once the car is lower and as mentioned above one side wheel will scrape.

Tbh i dont really race the car only blast at traffic lights and stuff so having slightly stiffer back end dont bother me

Im going to het the coilovers first as i think the car will still scurb as they are pretty wide wheels.. 15x7 et13 , atleast with coilovers i can take the ride hight up so they dont catch

Not planning on lowering the car so we shal see how the coilovers go first :)

Mines only lowered 40mm and is quite bouncy as you say, I had et40 wheels spaced to et35 and got some rubbing, fitted the panhard and it took most of the rubbing off but had to remove the spacers, I think a stiff suspension setup and a panhard is best for wide wheels, panhard should be added anyway as who wants wheels out of line lol?

well if the coilovers dont stop the rubbing panhard rod is next on the list! as i said they car isnt low , its at the very most lowered about 30mm

anyways this turned up today ;)

08143ed3.jpg

thanks to the post about getting a fiver off everything on ebay i managed to get everything for this set up for about £35 :)

cant wait to get it all on!

UPDATE!

went to the Race-Tech rolling road day and got my car on the rollers to get this printout!

was expecting higher but soon found out its because i was not using higher octane fuel, so from now on its better fuel for this car!

as you can see the car is running lean at the start so getting my hands on a RRFPR and getting it set up so its not so lean,

The car will be getting a good service too so this should also help!

img004.jpg

also fitted my race spec rocker cover and catch can :) bay is looking better now! still loads to go on under here so keep your eyes on this!

375100_10150882589354546_790529545_12913462_1911234514_n.jpg

Cars looking great Josh! Was watching you in mirror from adams car, looks mean :)

FPR is defo wat u need babe!

thanks mate! they finally sent me the right size hose! so i now have 2 metres of wrong size hose to tart up my bay with :p

I've sorted the squeak from the bumper rubbing on the intercooler piping :) blowing exhaust is on the cards tonight!

still need to get my polished inlet on but honestly i dont want to do it by myself lol