Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Block test it if u got a spare 30 quid but a kit from

Motor factors that way u can confirm if the head gasket as will change colour if detected exhaust gases also the vid was it just idle or with throttle

Vid was warmed up slight throttle going to flush the rad through in a min the bottom hose was stone cold looks like ill be ripping it apart soon :(

May have fixed it well the thermo opened when I put it in hot water and closed when In cold so thought it was ok looks like it wasn't as I'm now rocking with out a thermostat and the pipes get a bit hard but no where near as hard as before and the bottom hose now gets warm and no more BUBBLES :D so going to get a td thermo and pop that one in only thing now is its trying to use cold start as it has no thermo but I can live with that for a few days :)

Edited by akyakapotter

Thought I had temp fixed it but nope pipes rock hard again gong to try another rad cap maybe that and another rad that im picking up tomorrow think mine has seen better days let it idle in the garage it's steaming like no tomorrow and look what happened when the fan kicked in whoops link is a video

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/akyakapotter/9555CFB6-D70C-4B3F-9765-9D4F808DD371-2594-0000021AB6F4862C.mp4

EA474B4E-AB4B-4579-BF5B-353417D75230-259

283874C4-C72F-4630-ACFC-04F41F48FE43-259

Edited by akyakapotter
  • 2 weeks later...

So sent my rad up to dean @ RW-Devlopments to have the bottem rad outlet moved as my wastegate was in the way all I can say is deans work it's amazing. That came back today and also got my self a Tuning Devlopments low temp thermostat thanks mike :D managed to get the rad and stat in there today rad is only held in with cable ties at the moment till I get a fitting kit or make a few brackets going to test it tomorrow afternoon as run out of time today lets hope this sorts it out :)

FAE66494-F359-476D-A3BD-AF9DCFB48464-134

54F7D37E-EB2C-4305-9FAA-A742A58476E1-134

6091154B-0E6F-4F65-97DB-96EF6DEDC6FC-134

64AA6442-15F4-4104-A654-0A61A2FFF3B6-134

Hg isnt too bad a job dude, get yourself an athena if you replace the gasket as they have a silcone type sealing coating between layers so it seals realy well! Best hg ever imo and I've had cruise/zep ones before which where shite imo for the money. Chin up though is a mint v dude :)

• akyakapotter changed the title to Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V