• 4 weeks later...

couple new pics, this is how the car stands atm

stripped out

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01228.jpg

DSC01229.jpg

then went into the shop to get some bits sorted.

hks fuel rail

de-cat

g-reddy uprated clutch

cusco lightweight flywheel

hks fuel regulator

hks actuator

briaded hosses

up-rated fuel pump

fuel filter

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

now i have a leaky drivshaft, so that will need to get fixed, and wheel bearing. then get me self a re-map and should see a bigger improvement. hoping for 165+bhp 200 torque. im already at 142bhp-174torque! fingers crossed!

Looking good mate....the crystal fog lights are a nice touch but they dont look like they fit very well in the one pic???

no they dont! :) when i was having a look to see if they fit, i accidently snapped the clipped of the back of the 96 spec ones, so only had these left. so tryed to adapt them to fit with not much luck :D sit too far forward. later on il prob get rid of the fogs as i dont use them and it would be a good place to stick my filter!

yes im a member of punto mk2 forum and fiat forum as i owned one just before this car, infact i traded it in for this car!

this was my old car if anyone interested

newcam-1.jpg

the briaded hosing i have no idea, but the fastners, are goodrich ones ;)

fiatforum, thats were i saw u man.

thats a very smart punto there dude, really likin that. those coupe wheels are absolute sex, i love them! great colour choice for them too!!!!

Phil.

that was the best bit of that car! cost a bomb to get them like that and fit the punto, as needed them re-furbed, painted, spacers, longer wheel nuts for the back, lockers, longer lockers for the back new tyres. but they went to a good home to someone on the punto mk2 forum. the actuall coupe wheels cost £77 for four on ebay! i thought a bargin!

cheers mate!

Looks wayyyyy better with the splitter, what a difference!!

Cars looking awesome now, whats next?

cheers guys thanks for the comments!

next saturday is re-map and my boost controller will be set up to run 1bar on lo and 1.2bar on high. have been told not to run that all the time only when needed. like over taking tractors lol!

then get the suspension set up proper, like with my weight and weight of the car etc etc. then saving, saving, pay off mum, saving saving and td04. depends if I've got into a certain job il get a run around, pull the starlet off the road and get internals forged etc with td04 set up.

tbh for now there isnt going to be many more changes after the re-map, maybe bigger bore exhaust, get rid of airbag etc.

or can anyone else offer any suggestions what to do?? im open for offers!

cheers guys thanks for the comments!

next saturday is re-map and my boost controller will be set up to run 1bar on lo and 1.2bar on high. have been told not to run that all the time only when needed. like over taking tractors lol!

then get the suspension set up proper, like with my weight and weight of the car etc etc. then saving, saving, pay off mum, saving saving and td04. depends if I've got into a certain job il get a run around, pull the starlet off the road and get internals forged etc with td04 set up.

tbh for now there isnt going to be many more changes after the re-map, maybe bigger bore exhaust, get rid of airbag etc.

or can anyone else offer any suggestions what to do?? im open for offers!

Running at 1.2 bar on the ct9 won't make any more power than at 1 bar well maybe 2-3bhp but for the extra stress and heat that will be generated its not worth it.

My car was mapped to 1bar and it was making only 3 bhp more at 15psi compared with 13psi.

Just to let you know! :)

As I've already said the car looks ace with the splitter added. ;)

Running at 1.2 bar on the ct9 won't make any more power than at 1 bar well maybe 2-3bhp but for the extra stress and heat that will be generated its not worth it.

My car was mapped to 1bar and it was making only 3 bhp more at 15psi compared with 13psi.

Just to let you know! :)

As I've already said the car looks ace with the splitter added. ;)

ahh cheers mate for the heads up! will find out on saturday. as i have no clue about mapping etc, the person who's doing it, no's alot more than me, i dont think he'll do anything which would put to much more strain on it. as you said 3bhp is not worth it!

thanks for the comments!

tbh i dont like the later spec rear lights, too bubbley. i like the fenders, where they have cuts in them. but i think its just a phase! lol

got my car mapped today with the current mods and the final reading was 180bhp with 198 pounds of torque, running 1.3 bar. i no this is useless without my read-out of which il collect monday. i watched it being mapped today at "track and road" in essex, but the cars m.o.t runs out sunday, so he's keeping the baby till monday frown.gif but he took me out for a spin (as i want to get used to the power increase by myself), and wow! its fast!

the only thing holding me back, is the turbo, injectors and exhaust frown.gif

will get print out up monday eve after i finished work!

cant wait to take it out!