Cheuchter's Budget Starlet Build

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow what a great job youv'e done on the splitter, looks awesome as f**k with them speedlines on it will look even better :lol:

Thanks man :wub:

As soon as I got home today I test fitted the Speedlines. I've got 2 tyres sitting in the garage waiting to go on these, Just need to get hold of another 2 and they'll be on. I'm thinking of spraying the wheels gunmetal grey at some point too B) -

photo1-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Also fitted my Corolla inlet manifold today. No too bad a job despite rounding a couple of nuts and struggling to get them off. Got there in the end tho. Also fitted my free strut brace (thanks Russleh) :wub:

photo2-1.jpg

Looks epic mate, i really like that splitter! And as the lads said, TTE spoiler and glanza bumper go really well, transformed my car! Need to get that engine bay cleaned up though man, I just quickly wire brushed the white shit off the rocker cover and it came up really well without removing it, and a petrol shop pressure washer on the engine bay with the soap, wax setting etc make a good job of the rest:)

looking better already dude. No worries about the free stuff it had been sittin in my shed since the dawn of time lol

Russell

Cheers man :thumbsup:

Sweet, reminds me of my old one sad.gif

Aye I had a wee look through your n/a build. Looked good B)

Looks epic mate, i really like that splitter! And as the lads said, TTE spoiler and glanza bumper go really well, transformed my car! Need to get that engine bay cleaned up though man, I just quickly wire brushed the white shit off the rocker cover and it came up really well without removing it, and a petrol shop pressure washer on the engine bay with the soap, wax setting etc make a good job of the rest:)

Cheers mate :p TTE spoiler and Glanza bumper are something I'd like to do at some point but, this is a budget build so I'm just doing little things bit by bit, when I have the money and stuff comes up at a good price. I'm no really fussed for a clean bay but if I get time one day, I'll borrow my mums wee steam cleaner thing. That'll make it fairly effortless.

this is by the the best looking front end of an n/a ive ever seen :D that lips goes awesome with the n/a bumper

keep the wheels black dude, looks wicked

Haha. I'm feeling the luv for the splitter!! Cheers man :thumbsup: It was just one of those spur of the moment things where we were down the scrappy looking for just a normal black plastic splitter from a VW or Laguna or something. Then my mate spotted this one, pointed to it and said "with a bit of work that would look really good" so I thought, lets try it.

Wheels will deffo change colour in the near future, I'm just no into black wheels. I think they kinda get lost on the car.

Thread Bump purely because I saw this in another thread and had to see what lip it was. It works fantastically well and the Speedlines set it off to a Tee!

Great work! PM En-route.

Thanks man, I didn't wanna go down the usual route of Glanza front end or VW/Laguna splitter so this has worked out pretty good. Was a bit more work but worth it in the end. I like the idea in your PM as that rear lip is pretty similar in shape to the front one I have so might be worth a look. I'm new to all this bodywork fabrication but I'm all for having something that is that wee bit more original :)

That lip is mint!!!

Pretty cool car you got there bud!

Thanks guys appreciate all the comments :(

Mini update-

A mate of mine had an "ebay special" induction kit lying around from another car that he no longer needed,so we adapted it to fit mine. This along with the Corolla inlet manifold has given the motor a wee bit more pep and really improved the induction noise :)

filter1-1.jpg

filter2-1.jpg

I have a de-cat pipe that Russleh gave me still to fit too, just gotta get a clamp sorted out first.

• 2 weeks later...

looking really good mate :) damn sight better than mine is at this point in time. clear indicator lenses/side repeaters and 98 spec rear lenses would really set off the car. i'd say remove the rub strips but i'm quite keen on them, get that spoiler sprayed up! were the mud flaps on there already?

looking really good mate :) damn sight better than mine is at this point in time. clear indicator lenses/side repeaters and 98 spec rear lenses would really set off the car. i'd say remove the rub strips but i'm quite keen on them, get that spoiler sprayed up! were the mud flaps on there already?

Cheers mate :)

I prefer the amber corners if I'm honest and 98 spec lenses are defo something I'm looking into, along with Glanza rear bumper and TTE spoiler when funds allow. I was thinking about removing the bump strips but I'm gonna be spraying the wheels gunmetal grey soon, I think I'll see how they tie in before deciding on removing them. Aye the mudflaps were already on the car, not sure whether to remove them or not??

Amber corners and mudflaps are staying on :p

Small update

Picked up some Glanza seats. They were only 20 quid so would have been rude not to :thumbsup:

DSC00218_edit0.jpg

Gave them a bit of a clean up cracked on and got them fitted. They are both fitted but it got too dark for pics-

DSC00220_edit0.jpg

I also gave the car a service in time for winter rolling round and fitted some brighter headlights as I felt the standard bulbs just aint up to the task.

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant mate! i wish progress on mine was this fast! Unfortunately a new alternator and windscreen has gotta come first else id be splashing the cash on funky little bits :)

I feel ya pain about the black wheels looking lost, mine are actually dark grey but might aswell be black, i just got carried away with the sparklyness when i first did a spray out test of the colour :/

• 2 weeks later...
Brilliant mate! i wish progress on mine was this fast! Unfortunately a new alternator and windscreen has gotta come first else id be splashing the cash on funky little bits ;)

I feel ya pain about the black wheels looking lost, mine are actually dark grey but might aswell be black, i just got carried away with the sparklyness when i first did a spray out test of the colour :/

Cheers bud :)

Progress has slowed slightly as winter is upon us, I had to replace exhaust mid section last week as the old one split before it joins to the backbox. Luckily the backbox wasn't damaged so I just needed the mid pipe. Won't be many updates now until the worst of the weather has passed. Just gonna drive it and (try) to keep it clean over winter!!

Gonna leave the wheels black over the winter and then look at changing the colour when we come into the better weather, no point now as they'll be looking filthy all the time anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

cheuchter this is lukin nice mate,simple touches r always nice,thats y i loved my old SR,was the 1st on here with a leon splitter.

u need to bring this down to dumbaton n let me c it plus giv me a hand if your any good at removin seized suspension nuts lol

• 5 months later...

Not updated this in ages as i've not done anything to it :(

Plans are to refurb the wheels in either bronze or a gunmetal grey at the end of the month, but so far undecided so ideas please! I stlll wouldn't mind a TTE spoiler at somepoint too.

Gave it a good spring clean today and went for a wee drive seeing as the weather was nice -

mod2.jpg

mod1.jpg

Edited by Cheuchter