Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe 14's then, its all dependent on if i can get the WMS brakes behind them i have ordered!

I like it without the side plastic scuff things too, do you reckon there will be paint under them if i take them off?

I am gonna drive it for a week or two while i am figuring everything out with stuff going where from the ep82 to the ep70. The wiring is going to be a right bitch, im in 2 minds to completly take out the ep70 loom and put in the ep82 one with the ep82 dash, or existing dash combination of the ep70 loom powering all the electrics and then the ep82 just doing the engine management, fuel pump etc. What you reckcon? I think im more inclined to keep the old skool dash, i like it :)

Its going to be a bit of pig i think and alot of stress working it all out.

I think I am going to transfer everything i can first before i change the engine, so suspension, wheels, brakes etc and when thats done i can turn to the engine headache!

should be a pretty straight forward conversion u gonna start it right away or roll in the 55hps :)

You're going to need a roomy 14" or a 15" wheel really, but here's the bottom line so you can test each wheel to save speculation:

EXISTING KITS

4P107 - Normal 275x22 size kit with best wheel clearance printable clearance test profile: 275x22 kit PDF

4P109 - Heavy duty 277x25 size kit with more thermal mass printable clearance test profile: 277x25 kit PDF

In addition there is a proposed "smallest possible" 262.5mm kit to try and fit some 14" wheels, here's the profile, accurate to about 1.0mm: 262.5mm kit PDF

Hope that helps! :)

Yay i got the car yesterday and I LOVE IT!! its so retro looking, i cant believe how small it is compared to the ep82 too. Its nippy for a 1.0litre, 650-750kg on the vin plate., so will br brill on track when i have finished with it!

Either way its brilliant lol and as a bonus classic car insurance, £105! ha ha

baby1.jpg

baby2.jpg

I'll ask him, i'll never get it done in time for Trax :thumbsup: Gonna take the EP82

james aka series70boy should know

looks cool as though dude :p 2 weeks is a short amount of time to be going for an engine swap before trax lol

I'll ask him, i'll never get it done in time for Trax :thumbsup: Gonna take the EP82

cool cool. jade wants to know if she can grab a passenger ride lol

and if you want mate we are going up the night before and kipping in the cars in the carpark were/near we are meeting so im not late with the tickets and everyone can go into the show nice and early

Yeah that should be cool, i'll have to put the passenger seat back in as i took it out to get a good view with the video cam.

Think i am gonna do 3 sessions again :)

Should be fun, just hope the bottom end on the car doesnt go again like last year!!

cool cool. jade wants to know if she can grab a passenger ride lol

and if you want mate we are going up the night before and kipping in the cars in the carpark were/near we are meeting so im not late with the tickets and everyone can go into the show nice and early

SHIT! i just gone to book my track time and its completly sold out for all sessions, what the hell, there was loads available last year.

Dam, gonna have to hunt around google now for people selling theirs!

Looks like its going to be a really cool project man!!

its cool to see another 70 getting a new heart, the 5e I have in mine isnt even charged and its shit quick. They weigh nothing, once i fitted the coilovers it was much better but you will probably need to get alot of struts and maybe even a half cage, the chassie seems to offer alot of unwanted flex...

Best of luck with the build dude! cant wait to see the progress