JAE Show & Shine!

In a joint venture between Ninja Shine and UKSC it has been decided we are going to run a mini show and shine on the UKSC JAE 2011 stand!

When? - 1pm on Saturday 10th September

Where? - UKSC JAE Stand

What is it? - Myself and 2 mods from this site will be going round peoples cars, checking how clean your car really is. The car we class, after a quick mass debate, to be a worthy show and shine winner will receive a special UKSC sticker, a small detailing related prize from Ninja Shine and possibly even a trophy if we get time to get one sorted!

What are you looking for? - We want to see a clean car! If you can see a bit of dirt then so can I! Door shuts, boots, small nooks and crannys, wheel arches, under the bonnet etc, the cleaner the better! Now I know your cars will get dirty on the way down, and you are limited as to what you can do when at the show but you have a full weekend coming up to give your car a damn good going over. Not only does it make you and your car look good, it makes the stand look good if all the cars are spotless

Stolen from Jimmylegs on CCUK (granted this is to enter teh show and shine ring and is a little more anal than we will be)

First off, paintwork, even if its not perfect make the most of what youâ??ve got, use good quality products. Consider using compounds and polishes before waxing, and then go round it with a touch up stick, this is just the start,

Remember that at some shows the judge may ask you to open the bonnet and boot, also the doors should be open, if youre not prepared to do this because youâ??ve already packed your camping gear away or havenâ??t cleaned it properly then donâ??t even consider taking it into the show ring.

Clean the interior, EVERY PART, dashboard, seats, carpet, door trims and make it smell nice. Clean all doorsills, under doors and that bit thatâ??s hard to get at around the door hinges.

The boot area should be empty and clean, hoover the boot carpet and clean any plastics also whilst you have the boot open clean the rain channels and boot struts of any grime and moss.

Get an old sock on your hand and clean inside the engine bay but be prepared to loose some skin, use degreaser if necessary and a bit of engine lacquer always looks good.

Some judges will score the underside of the car, Iâ??ve not done under the GT4 yet but itâ??s on my list and itâ??s going to be painted white, this is a bit extreme and probably unnecessary at most shows but it makes me happy. The suspension legs will also be taken off, the springs will be removed then both painted separately and replaced, again probably totally unnecessary but one thing you should DEFINATELY do is clean and repaint the callipers and back plates, especially if they are clearly on view through the road wheels.

On the subject of wheels, these should be spotless right the way through from front to back, judges like to run their finger along the inside the wheel to check for dirt, and most will do this. Clean the tyres and apply some tyre shine or gel, both to the outer wall and first inch or so of the tread, itâ??s up to you if you want to leave the wheels turned to one side for effect but I prefer them straight.

Clean the inner lip of the wheel arches, get a bit of compound on a rag and remove any grime so that the paintwork continues around the arches.

Clean any part of the exhaust that is visible, Solvol is the stuff you want, also some judges like to see the carbon removed from inside the tail pipe, extreme I know but easy enough to do.

So to display the car make sure itâ??s completely empty, open the boot, open the bonnet, I sometimes leave mine half open, open the doors, again I usually leave mine half open, I also open my windows half way, this again is up to you but always make sure they are both open to exactly the same height.

Get both seats in EXACTLY the same position, seats bases, back rests and headrests if they are slide up and down type, and a nice little touch is to display your club membership card neat on the centre console.

Keep a cloth and a can of detailer close to hand whilst your waiting to be judged and keep looking for finger prints.

That should do for starters.

How do I enter - Just be near your car around the required time, or even just have it open then :p If you see a big guy wearing a pink cowboy hat sniffing around your car with a pad of paper then it is me :D Putting your name down for it in advance will also let me know if this is worth doing

Anything questions please ask :p

Nope and none for the dirtiest member you filthy boy you!

lol! Quality.

This sounds like an awesome competition! However, I have a little bit of rust in my boot.... Although I could clean it up and paint it before next weekend....... This could be very time consuming

Ey up cock that ain't nice mr Bluebear is it shag :harhar:

U like my yorkshire impression :D

lol I do :D I knew what you were getting at after reading "ey up" haha :D

Socks doesn't even like show and shine, he gets his car cleaned by other people... And he told me that ninjas are shit and anyone that wears a pink cowboy hat wants a good bumming, which is why he's inviting you to his tent... I think he should be disqualified.......(love you matt haha! :D)

Ey up cock that ain't nice mr Bluebear is it shag :harhar:

U like my yorkshire impression :D

"Hey, I know you'rte my sister but fancy a fuck?"

You like my lincolnshire impression? :D