Project- Super, Mega, Awesome Low!...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, problem with the XXR's is there soooo common in the mx5 world... much like Rota's. BBS are very very VAG but not to commonly seen planted on Jap machines.

I'l throw a bit of an update down and see how you feel:

I had a quick hour to knock up a concept in photo shop, (the wheels are pants but making flat chrome is a nightmare!)

Mx5concept2.jpg

Picked up some more wheels related stuff:

b4939fdf.jpg

195/45/15 T1r's

dfb5d034.jpg

Then some super rare and hard to find Runabout M2 mirrors came from the land of all things Jap

DSC_1018.jpg

DSC_1016.jpg

Oh also i'm 99% sure the Type S in genuine, I'v had a few and this although its very shiny it only appears to be polish. It has the cast Greddy mark and internal metal components over the fake plastic ones, Sounds original and doesn't leak so its either a very good condition original or an amazing fake haha

Riiiiiight! Finaly got these SOB tyres mounted!

DSC_1030.jpg

DSC_1032.jpg

DSC_1026.jpg

Have a small problem now though ... There is a possible leak on two of the wheels, i belive its coming from the actual join between the lips and barrels :rolleyes:. need to do some more investigating but its just another set back for these pain in the arse wheels!

On other news though i'm booked in mid February to go Race-Tech for turbo rebuild, remap and exhaust fabrication! should be gooood :)

Edited by Glanza_cl

Hey mate my friend has a MK2 (NB) Mx5 and hes just fitted some 16x8 ET0 wheels and some BC coilovers. We are looking at setting up the alignment this weekend. Just wondering do you have aftermarket camber/caster arms etc or are they all stock stuff. Also what alignment settings are you running mainly front and rear cambers?

Sorry for all the questions dude.

The stock set up will deal with anything you throw at it mate :). 16x8 shouldn't be much problem at all as long as the arches are rolled? I personally would work the arches to not scrub the tyres rather then push the camber, caster etc. I ran 3*+ camber all round with 8.25J ET0 so i would expect to see anything upto 2*+ if he's running a lower profile tyre.

Sound yeah its booked in with Arch Enemy in 4 weeks matey, getting the arches rolled to deal with the stance thats about to be thrown at it. So you reckon -2 all round?

Hes running 205/45/16 dude, so standard tyre size off his model.

ArchEnemy will do an awesome job! Tbh i dont think you will have to 'force' any extra camber. When lowering the 5 it will create its own natural camber dependant on height, When i lowered mine and took it to get alignment done they didn't change the camber specs as at that stage i was scrub free but obviously everything else was out.

Get the arches done then drop it to the height your mate wants, see if it scrubs and go from there... If its low naturally it will create allot of camber so i would expect -2*plus for sure :)

Well my cars now sitting at Race-Tech awaiting a turbo rebuild and some other neat tweaks. (Driving to Sheffield was a mission! but worth it)

Ricky really seemed to know his stuff so am confidant its going to return an absolute beast, getting the mapping sorted will be one of my main joys! current map is really poor!

I'v specified maximum burble and pops :D . I could map it myself but i really couldn't be arsed and Ricky knows a shit load more then me lol

Edited by Glanza_cl
  • 2 weeks later...

Right small update:

Mx5 is all sorted :D . Luckily for me Ricky found the turbo hadn't gone and was perfectly within tolerance, which is awesome as that was going to be expensive! Did find that it was blowing from mani to turbo and turbo to downpipe though :blink: . So a quick skim and refit later its all sound :).

Had a new 2.5" exhaust section made up to replace my beat up backbox so is now a true 2.5" all the way. And mapping is done and sorted, had some good dyno time and all went very smoothly... Had an end result over the phone from Ricky of 301HP and 230ATW!, Maxed out my Garrette 2560R lol.

Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow, pic's and an exhaust sound clip will be up soon B)