Project- Super, Mega, Awesome Low!...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when are you collecting i might come say hi :lol:

Should be there around 9/9:30am (trying to avoid Saturday traffic on M1)

If your passing and i'm still there feel free to have a chat and check it out :)

awesome :) what are the 1.6 capable of boosted?

trying to decide between a turbo or supercharger :)

An easy 250bhp with the right turbo set up, turbo is the way forward... dont sound quite as neat but are a million times easier to install and tune.

Its the lack of power options that i find limiting with a SC, you only really have one or two choices.... where as with a turbo you can pretty much choose what ever you want with the right manifold adapter and downpipe. But the do sound goooood! lol

Its pretty simple really, think about if you had to convert an n/a starlet to turbo without a 4efte swap. Turbo, manifold, downpipe, injectors and management... thats about it really. Mx5's tend to run T2 T25 turbos so Garrett gt2560, 2860 etc. Or you could get a mani made up for TD04 fitment, easy job really. No turbo conversion is cheap or simple but the mx5's engines are very strong and where made out of factory low compression as there are turbo versions (like the BBR).

Graphs and a bad sound clip are uploading...

My shit camera doesn't do this justice! the turbo spool with exhaust is awesome! shame you cant here the tubby.

th_DSC_1055.jpg

and some boring graphs just to log progress:

Mx5Dynograph.jpg

Mx5DynographATW.jpg

May very possible have to lower the power, not sure how long my engine will last but i will give it a think.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Well done some small changes today, started at 11am (because i'm lazy) and finished about an hour ago lol.

First up was the addition of some Zoom amber side markers from Rev9:

Zoomindicators.jpg

The quality is amazing! fitted super easy and look great! Next up where the KG Works intakes i got new a while back... these where a nightmare!!!! :wallbash:. The fitment was completely off and wasn't even close to fitting in the sidelight recess! Long story short i had to get my bench mounted grinder out and take like 1-2mm off top/bottom/side edges then finish with a file.

RunAbout mirrors where popped on and Project-G side Fusers where re mounted after a quick clean.

I had a problem with my BBS not holding air and loosing all pressure :cry: , after a few emails and the ordering of a BBS Torque key i decided to try torquing up the bolts to see if they where loose (this was my first option over removing tyres and re sealing rim). Amazingly i found some loose bolts and after a good rotation of doing them all up i finished at 20Lb/ft and they where holding air again! :woohoo:.

Mounted everything up and this is where i am currently (lots still to do)

DSC_1074.jpg

DSC_1068.jpg

Let me know what you think :)