Project- Super, Mega, Awesome Low!...

looks immense.

can i ask though please bud, how does she run like that? i read speedhunters and mayday garage and see all these uber slammed motors, and i often wonder about the movement side of it.

do you raise her to drive home or is that how she rolls all the time? and if so, does she not scrub the tire on every bump??? just curious as to how all this works dude, sorry for the random questions!

congrats on the award too dude.

Phil.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yO Phil, no worries i get asked this allot.

I drive at that height give or take, for this show i added 10mm spacers on the rear and dropped it about half an inch. Its usually around that height possible an inch higher for daily driving.

Due to have totally independent suspension arms under compression the wheel kinda moves diagonally up and tucks in rather then straight up which would result in scrubbing my tyre.

I'v done a huge amount of work to drive this low daily, all arches rolled/flared, all tabs and arch lining removed, engine has been raised and a sump guard fabricated to protect from cats eye's road debris. I still scrape a great deal on speed bumps and drive ways etc, and cant go allot of places like multi stories, country lanes etc etc. basically stuck to smooth roads and shows.

Would i make another slammed car given the chance?.. Naaaaaaaah, this is far to much work and stress, but it looks dam fine and i can say i have 'Been there done that' :lol: Getting a bit old for this daily scraping lark, will most likely be sold after this show season or possible next years show season. Could possible go down the air route with another car though.

Edited by Glanza_cl

ahhhhhhhhhh i see!

thanks for taking the time to explain that to me dude, kind of a noob question i know lol, but i know stuff all about the technical side of the stance scene!

also, engine raising?? now that is the most dedicated thing i have ever heard lol!

cheers dude!

Phil.

Haha, well the sump was very close to the floor so a large cats eye or stay rock could easily crack it. Solution, raise the engine an inch and weld a big metal plate onto the subframe :D

looked good on sunday mate

do you have to lay down to get in it? lol

I have perfected the art of falling into my car gracefully now :lol:

Edited by Glanza_cl
  • 1 month later...

Probably not allot, think i have taken it as far as possible in my eye's. I could possible wire tuck the bay or give the interior a make over but thats extra money i would never see again.

I'v made my goals (mag features, web features, general interwebz fame) so will most likely see it through the end of this show season then move onto a new project :)

Air ride Z4 ;)

Personally I have two opinions about this. First is, the car looks good that low and is an eyecatcher on every meet I believe. But the second is, that I would never go that low, as (apart from being illegal in Germany where we have to have a minimum ground clearance, I think 8cm) this is just impractical and dangerous for every part of the car that's on it's underside. Also I think this will scrub like hell in curves, so more costs for more tyres more often.

Also I don't like this extreme low wide dished cars as that's what the Golf and Polo drivers around here do the most and I hate most of them for their shitty driving style. And as I live in Germany there are lots of this idiots.

Greetings,

Renko

Must be going blind. Where did you get the hardtop visor/spoiler from?

Spoilers are from my amazing affiliated guys in the states Project-G B)

Personally I have two opinions about this. First is, the car looks good that low and is an eyecatcher on every meet I believe. But the second is, that I would never go that low, as (apart from being illegal in Germany where we have to have a minimum ground clearance, I think 8cm) this is just impractical and dangerous for every part of the car that's on it's underside. Also I think this will scrub like hell in curves, so more costs for more tyres more often.

Also I don't like this extreme low wide dished cars as that's what the Golf and Polo drivers around here do the most and I hate most of them for their shitty driving style. And as I live in Germany there are lots of this idiots.

Greetings,

Renko

I agree :)

You taking this to JAE buddy? Would love to actually finally see this in the flesh :D

Im going to sell mine in the new year and get a cheap little micra as a run around so i can crack on with building the Demon, oh and my house lol

Jason :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...