Few little bits to tart her up a bit, still looks crap due to the rocker cover but that's in the process of being sorted :-)

Here's a few fitted

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0191_1.jpg

DSC_0190_2.jpg

Adjusted my throttle cable bracket as it wasn't long enough so it should be more responsive and hopefully get a bit more power as I believe it wasn't going full throttle

DSC_0192_1.jpg

DSC_0195_1.jpg

Rob.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers buddy :-) I've given my rocker cover in to a friend who us going to paint it white for me so just got to wait for that and there should be something coming through the post today which I shall share with you too :-)

Rob.

Get some vids up need to see and hear this thing going :)

+1 for that^^

did you use custom drive shafts or could you use the standard honda ones? also how low does the engine sit, whats the clearance like under the sump?

bet this is awesome to drive.

Sam.

Don't know yet buddy, I could do with a rollcage first so I know it's safe, do a track day or two n/a and then get it dyno'd to give morgey a run for his money for the n/a power title for a bit of harmless fun, then boost it but I'm still not 100% sure what turbo to go for

Rob.

Don't know yet buddy, I could do with a rollcage first so I know it's safe, do a track day or two n/a and then get it dyno'd to give morgey a run for his money for the n/a power title for a bit of harmless fun, then boost it but I'm still not 100% sure what turbo to go for

Rob.

Mine is pretty much standard and tbh want a cage in it as they're basically biscuit tins with an engine strapped to it, really wouldn't wanna be in any sort of crash in one without the added safety of a cage so I don't blame you

Yeah I've seen the starlet graveyard thread and it's rather scary so safety first, I get crap from my mates about it saying just go on track and I've said no because I didn't have uprated brakes at the time and a cage :-) I can resell the car but I can't rebody myself

Rob.

How does it drive then? Any niggles or anything to report after the conversion?

A word on the whole roll-cage thing.. A lot of you guys seem to fit Cusco bolt in cages and think that's a fix-all when it comes to roll over protection. Fitted properly I'm in no doubt this will be the case, but a lot of cages are fitted by drilling a few holes through the floor and bolting it in place. This is not enough, and there really isn't such a thing as a truly bolt in cage. The floor needs reinforcing, it's single skin and if you have a nasty roll the cage legs will just punch through the floor and suddenly a heap of metal will be a lot closer to your head, possibly causing more damage than a car without a cage in it.

2ppneae.jpg

That car has a roll cage fitted, if you look closely you can see the cage legs sticking out of the floor, just to the right of the Toyo Tires sticker.

Drives great dude, it does need playing with as it has the bigger inlet and the 4-2-1 exhaust manifold so it's more than likely slower than a stock b18c4 but after a map it should be about the 185 Bhp mark :-) it does need a turbo as low end grunt.. What low end grunt haha :-P

Rob.