• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahahah its the only way to drive though! this is my first car, its meant to be ragged and enjoyed in my eyes ;) its what its there for. but i always learn by my mistakes :wub:

but yeah i know how hard it is applying for jobs, at one stage i printed off every job i applied for over a 3-4 month span, and i think it was about 2-3 inches thick of paper :( its a nightmare, i hate our economy. but yeah it would be nice to see your car mate even if it isnt running that well, after looking through your build thread it would be nice to see it in the flesh. also think you could get me a few pictures of the wheels as they are at the moment? just to see what their like, i dont mind if there not perfect because ill probably curb them myself a few times, i have with the ones i got on at the moment. also what are the tyres like? cheers mate :( it will be an early birthday present off my mum ahah :mellow: its my birthday on the 1st november and she doesnt know what to get me so this will fit in perfectly!

urmm yeah ill be up my dads wednesday night, so i can take some better pics of them, they look spanking with some tyre shine sprayed all over them lol

urmm theres 2 yoko parada spec 2s on the fronts, and a kumho n budget for the back

never had any problems with the miss matched tyres though dude :mellow:

cheers man, its looking a bit worse for wear, got 3 lovely little dents in the roof from the knuckles, and a sideskirt missing from a dick in a jeep hogging the road :wub:

mate anything will be better than the tyres ive got on now, loose control going like 25mph on any courner in the wet, the tyres are to skiny for the car, theyve got tread like, there just really really shit :wub: but yeah thanks mate, its just too keep my mum happy you know what its like :mellow: she wants to know what shes buying, even though shes getting them for me anyway i need alloys in my life, they will look so nice on my car.

ahaha dont tell me you punched your car :L and yeah i read the bit about the little crash, there are some dickheads on the road ill tell you that.

yeah i did lol had to take some agression out on it, but couldnt do it by thrashing it lol. didnt actually hit it hard lol it just ffolded like a tin can haha

urm i can bring them to the meet for you to have a look if you want before you buy them :mellow:

think the fli stickers and all the others apart from the sticker bombing on the petrol cap/surround etc (they look good) need to go :mellow: think it would like nice on some lowering springs and glanza/paseo alloys in my opinion. the exhaust tip looks like something my grandad would have aswell :wub: fish hook gear knob looks a bit tacky aswell. liking the mesh though!

done a few things since the last picture, took those 'fli' stickers off and the momo ones too. got some import plates and fitted my gauges aswell.

Went to take some pictures of it today and had a lovelly little surprise waiting for me :)

put my wheels on full lock to look at the tyres, and low and behold there was no tread on the inside of the tyre and the metal was showing, had to fork out 70 odd quid for two new front tyres when im getting new alloys for it at the end of the month. so im not very happy at the moment, left me short of money too untill i get paid in 3 weeks, got £40 to last me 3 weeks, no idea how thats going to happen but oh well.

heres the pictures anyway let me know what you think :p

IMAG0538.jpg

IMAG0536.jpg

IMAG0535.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0534.jpg

Then some pictures of the tyres...

IMAG0540.jpg

IMAG0539.jpg

I'm very lucky that i noticed them when i did because i was about to go on the motorway to see my girlfriend, and that would off been fun having a blow out at 70mph loosing controll of the car, and probably killing myself and others. but yeah at least its done now and im safe :D also, there must be a reason why theyve worn away so rapidly on the inside and not the outside, its the same on both sides of the car. however the drivers side is worse, i havent hit any curbs recently or anything to knock the tracking out so im really not sure, but someone on here will know no doubt :p

oh and im beginning to hate my spoiler now, and just want a plain glanza one for it so dont start telling me theres too many stickers on it now :) plus if anyone has a go at me about my back window i dont care because i love it, its all things i love about japan and when i get my back windows tinted i think it will look really good. no more stickers are going on this car thats the last of them so dont expect anymore :p plus ive but the ukstarletclub stickers on there. even though i havent even been on this forum a month i still just really wanted to put them on..

I dont know if anyone noticed but by the way i took my leather seat covers off, is it better with them on or off? even though its back to being a granny interior at the moment, i think its better than the black leather seat covers because they made the car look too chavvy in my opinion but i dont know, the car feels alot 'brighter' without them might see if i can get a glanza interior for it or something in the near future...

Done a few things since the last upload, went to toyota direct and it was £5.70 each for clear indicator lenses which is very cheap in my eyes so i was very happy about that, also stickerbombed my mirrors, not to everyones taste i know but each to their own and this is my own and i like it :)

Let me know what you think....

IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0558.jpg

IMAG0560.jpg

Just an idea of how long it takes to cover and area with stickers :p ....

IMAG0564.jpg

IMAG0571.jpg

DSCF5389.jpg

Next on the list is glanza front seats which im getting in the next few days, steering wheel and alloys, and hopefully a back box from prospeed exhausts :)

Just some more pictures taken with a camera rather than my phone, they look much better :D

DSCF5397.jpg

DSCF5395.jpg

DSCF5394.jpg

DSCF5390.jpg

DSCF5389.jpg

:D

just as a warning mate (if you havent already done so) i would advise you to lacquer the wing mirrors after sticker bombing them if you are intending to keep them like that. i sticker bombed my spoiler and wind deflectors a while back and in my haste to get them fitted never got round to lacquering them. and i can assure you after a few outings in the rain they will fade really quickly and start peeling off and look shite. and it isnt a very easy job getting all the sticky shit off after lol.

just my advice buddy :)

Dan.

just as a warning mate (if you havent already done so) i would advise you to lacquer the wing mirrors after sticker bombing them if you are intending to keep them like that. i sticker bombed my spoiler and wind deflectors a while back and in my haste to get them fitted never got round to lacquering them. and i can assure you after a few outings in the rain they will fade really quickly and start peeling off and look shite. and it isnt a very easy job getting all the sticky shit off after lol.

just my advice buddy :)

Dan.

yeah mate i laqured the shit out of them before i put them on, same happened to me with my spoiler when i first done it, i put like 1-2 coats on of laquer but now there all blue/green, but hopefully the mirrors will be okay, but planning on replacing the spoiler soon anyways :)

yeah mate i laqured the shit out of them before i put them on, same happened to me with my spoiler when i first done it, i put like 1-2 coats on of laquer but now there all blue/green, but hopefully the mirrors will be okay, but planning on replacing the spoiler soon anyways :)

good to hear pal. hope it goes alright!

Dan.

• 3 weeks later...

Another update, bored of my stickerbombing already and have got rid of it from my spoiler and my wingmirrors, havent done the interior yet, not sure sure if i like it, or its more of a case that i cant be bothered trying to get it all off again.

also ive sprayed my wheels white, got TRD dustcaps, and TRD stickers to match the sunvisor on my wheels.

ive put a new steering wheel in, and a new tachometer which is actualy acurate and works this time. and yes im aware the dashboard looks like something out of back to the future at the moment but ive only just put it in and im going to sort the wires out soon, also got glanza seats in it, strut brace, and a few other things. the cars looking better, but i just feel like it needs a good clean, like not literally clean, but just like everything taken off it that ive ever put on like all the shitty stickers and start over again. the car looks alot better with the wheels white, and without the stickerbombing. also the car mats were my mrs idea, shes got a princess one, and ive got a cars one. got to keep her happy somehow.

also, my car may not be to everyones taste, sometimes its not to mine and im constantly changing it. but i think the main thing is, is that i do love my starlet very much. and if anything ever happened to it, i would go out and buy another one straight away (if i had the money) im just learning, its my first car, i put stuff on i take stuff off, some of it good, some of it shit. but its my first car and im just trying to express myself a little but now im slowly learning to calm down a little bit. anyway heres my pictures as it stands at the moment, some pictures still have the stickerbombing in them, so just ignore them.

IMAG0619.jpg

IMAG0618.jpg

IMAG0603.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

IMAG0609.jpg

3.png

4.png

2.png

also the steering wheel isnt looking great because the horn isnt fitted yet. but it will all be fitted in time. and i know it needs a clean, i clean it all the time, the mrs makes a mess everytime she gets in it ¬.¬

I know its not prefect, and its no where near some of the cars that are on here, but at the end of the day, to me its mine, its probably one of the only things in life that i take pride in and i love it to bits. im always working on it finding little bits to do on it and ive learned so much from it. everything ive done to it ive done myself but yeah anyway, let me know what you think.

looks better with the white wheels mate :)

do what you want with it anyway, good to see your taking care of it! at the end of the day, it doesnt matter what we think, we are just iving you our point of view :)

need it lowered though

All stickerbombing on the exterior is gone :D, also all the stickers on the exterior have gone too, just the window stickers that are left on, aftermarket steering wheel, autogauge tachometer and carbon fibre effect dial surround fitted :)

given it a good clean and it looks much much better, it just looks much cleaner without all the stickers on the bootlid now, and without all the stickerbombing. TRD gear knob is in the post because i dont like the momo one that is on there now.

It's just absalutley desperate to be lowered now, and i nice backbox on it instead of that shitty exhaust tip.

let me know what you think :)

:o

IMAG0651-1.jpg

IMAG0650-1.jpg

IMAG0649-1.jpg

IMAG0648-1.jpg

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0644-1.jpg

IMAG0645-1.jpg

I only did the one door handle because i did it and didnt like it ahaha :D and the spoiler i only did because i had to sand all the stickerbombing off :) i really want either a glanza one or a tte one soon, but its just desperate to be lowered first, and i think tinted back windows would suit it alot too?