Dan507's Mazdaspeed RX8

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the kind words guys.

I've ordered some Gulf Competition RF1000 Racing brake fluid... which wasn't cheap lol. and Redline MT90 GL4 Gearbox fluid, Redline Water wetter, Greddy, Magnetic Sump plug, Racing Beat Air pump blacking plate and lastly some Silver Caliper paint :p
The build is about to get kicked up a notch with some good progress and update over the next month. :D
The 8 has been sent to RE:worx for a engine rebuild and a shed load of after market parts to be installed. Still waiting to her what the internals looks like. Hopefully it's all good news. Straight after this, she's being sent to Nickson Motorsport on the 23rd for a custom cage, pretty much the same spec as the Hayward rx8 cage.

23742_10151377191760797_751639357_n.jpg

184507_10151377191770797_1924032235_n.jp

The only difference is mine is having a Rear x rather than a single diagonal.

CAN'T FREAKING WAIT :D :D

Edited by Dan507

Bloody hell mate, that cage is going to look quite something! Car is coming on very nicely, will have to meet you sometime when the weather gets better and come have a browse and a chat :)

Love that video of you spinning out, the reaction of those guys is brilliant!

Keep up the hard work!

Edited by smobey_sutton2

Bloody hell mate, that cage is going to look quite something! Car is coming on very nicely, will have to meet you sometime when the weather gets better and come have a browse and a chat :)

Love that video of you spinning out, the reaction of those guys is brilliant!

Keep up the hard work!

Sounds good mate. I'll have to take you for a little spin.

Cheers for the kind words lads.

The Engine is done, I went and saw Chris at RE:Worx today. It's nice to here it fire up again and its very noisy :p and sounds AWESOME. sadly, no videos or pictures. BHR coils, Clutch, flywheel, full exhaust, intake are fitted. Can't wait to hear it on full chat.
It's beening sent to Nickson Motorsport in the morning for the cage to start next week.
On another note, I've Ordered my APR GTC-200 wing with 2.5" risers. which looks like this.
tonyshot3-1024x683.jpg
Cage is done!

530980_10151378009985674_82715946_n.jpg

581858_10151378010070674_1728205030_n.jp

It's really a work of art. I love it. Apart from adding the cage and seat mounts Nick also has put a support tube that supports the underside of the front leg. this also ties into the bracket which holds the door closed so very strong. he has also modded the brackets so they are now welded to the cage/body so the door shuts as normal.

The cars runs perfectly. i've taken it for a quick drive it pulls really well, its revs much quicker with the lightened flywheels. I really can't wait to open her up. I'm going to crack on with some bits tomorrow.

Here is a quick video.

Please excuse my mother lol.