Abbotts Greddy TD05 Track Glanza

Yea thought as much. You can hear it's giving you a little bit of slip before locking up. I've never been a fan of them for anything other than road use.

I'll drop you a message when I go ! I'll get the bro / mates out in their evos too.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres one of the practice footage with a bit of cone killing and having a bit of fun with KrissyB in his 370bhp EVO 6RS

>http://youtu.be/5pnw9fMiGes

Edited by abbott

Just had a read through your project thread mate.

Being on track with this car and in the car aswel as passenger is so much fun. people need to take note that cars can be clean and mean at the same time :p .

Them bloody Evo's are fast though 8):thumbsup::yahoo: .

Keep up the good work.

What about this gt abbott?

Sorry is sounds silly but never seen it before.lol.

And you having two track starlets?

What about this gt abbott?

Sorry is sounds silly but never seen it before.lol.

And you having two track starlets?

yes jay randam buy.

Suprised you never seen the car its been winner of the pro class fwd for the last 8 years in toyota sprint series.

Yes i have 2 mental track spec'd EP's i know its greedy.

Spec of the car

track spec ep82 Starlet GT

Engine

Forged Engine

Wiesco pistons, scat rods, acl bearings, balanced bottom end, standard rebuilt head.

Sard Fpr

Wepr vf Turbo kit

Wepr intercooler kit

550cc Injectors

Oil cooler kit

3" Exhaust system

Toms Catch can

Alloy rad

Hks ssqv Blow off valve

HT leads

HKS oil cap

Management system

Motec M4 ecu with wideband and boost control mapped on race fuel.

Drivechain

Kazz lsd, Gearbox

Padal Clutch

Trd Quickshift

Chassie

Whitline Front anti roll bar

Whiteline Rear anti roll bar

Whiteline Antilift kit

Whiteline Panhard rod

Cusco 7point roll cage

Bc coilovers

Powerflex mounts

Cusco Rear strut brace

Brakes and wheels

Wilwood brakes

16" enkie Wheels with R888s

15" wedsport wheels with wets

Cusco BMC stopper

Interior

Sparco Bucket Seats

Harnesses

Battery box

Hks Boost gauge

Hks egt gauge

Stackoil pres gauge

Stack water temp Gauge

Bride Rev counter

Exterior

Carbon bonnet

perspex windows,

poly bushed rear beam

One thing tho the motec system is being put on the glanza thats the plan so far.

Edited by abbott

Tbh buddy.

I stopped following the series since burwash passing.

Sounds promising dude.

Would you keep one for road and one purely track?

Jay the ep82 is a track car, mapped on race fuel and thats all its been doing in its life has no mot, tax always been trailered everywhere.

The glanza only gets used for track days as driving on the road is shit due to you cant use the car what its build for and british roads are no good for the way its set up.

Dont know whats going to happen at the moment. Got alot of thoughts in my head for both the cars but like i said the glanza is going to run the motec ecu system but what else is going to happen we will have to wait and see

Just read from start to finish :clapping:

The attention to detail is ridiculous and nothing but purposeful, tasteful mods... :give_rose:

I'm very interested in the modifications made to your rear diff to shim camber and toe. Any chance you could pm me some more pictures and info? If you have any plans for your baffled sump I'd be keen too. I run a sump that is welded around 3/4 the perimeter of the plate but have just lost a forged 5e due to oil starvation through corners. Is your sump effective or did you still find you had to consistantly run more oil in it? I'm looking at the morrosso accusump setups at the moment. They seem cheap and effective.

Cheers

Harry

Just read from start to finish :clapping:

The attention to detail is ridiculous and nothing but purposeful, tasteful mods... :give_rose:

I'm very interested in the modifications made to your rear diff to shim camber and toe. Any chance you could pm me some more pictures and info? If you have any plans for your baffled sump I'd be keen too. I run a sump that is welded around 3/4 the perimeter of the plate but have just lost a forged 5e due to oil starvation through corners. Is your sump effective or did you still find you had to consistantly run more oil in it? I'm looking at the morrosso accusump setups at the moment. They seem cheap and effective.

Cheers

Harry

Hi Harry

Many thanks.

The rear beam i am not using yet or i may not run it in the future. But my engineer is designing a wedge/shim package which this will be giving people camber on the rear end. Not a simple mod to carry out and most peaople wont want to spend getting it done. I will keep you posted with info.

Regards

To the baffled sump the one in my build thread i am using and does work well i do run a extra half litre on track tho just incase etc.

Sounds wicked man.

very lucky to have both of those starlets dude.

Catch up next once mines re shelled for sure pal.

Yes mate will look forward to a catch up :)

Hit me up about the baffled sump man

really enjoying keeping up to date with your progress

Phil

Phil

Sorry mate i will get on it tomorrow and message you.

Thanks chap have you seen the ep82 build thread yet?

Thanks chap have you seen the ep82 build thread yet?

Yes been enjoying it also

Though it's certainly not the aesthetically pleasing monster that I you like to produce for us (yet lol )

Phil

Edited by Phil
  • 1 month later...

Not a huge update

Car got snapped and put in the december issue at the msv how fast track.

64CCB34A-34D3-4766-A294-5DD4608D5931_zps

Also the EP82 I bought i removed all the necessary on the managment ready for it to go into the glanza in feb 2016

57395A06-0AF0-4C8A-8CA3-099DD8E28EF9_zps

Nice update abbott will be good to see the motec on and mapped good luck with it buddy

Must have a catch up soon

Thanks Jamie yes not long.

Will arrange somthing for a catch up

• 1 month later...

Well not alot has been going on over the winter poped over to Wardys to pick up some spare dunlops which he was selling from his car breaking thread.

AF415596-B71A-4C8A-AE48-ECB6892321EE_zps

Booked up a brands hatch open pit day for feb 22nd which i started to wonder about the weather so a friend had been recommened me about wets so went and found a part worn set of michelin race wets got these for a good price so i will test them out.

2C80BD4F-8297-49A7-9A57-E31F55457155_zps

Bought a spare engine which came up so i have a complete spare engine.

F4B778E2-C612-408B-B297-F776AABAA1D3_zps

Got round to fitting my Recaro SPG seat and new low rail now feel like im sitting on the floor totally differant driving position

70060035-7717-4903-8279-84AF077073BB_zps

My car was booked in to have the motec fitted at the begining of feb but had a change of plan and was going to have some more thought so will be sticking with the power fc for a while to see where to go.

The starlet is not going to be going anywhere so i want to take the car to the next level of tuning but need to see my options on where to go. Updates will follow on this.

22nd feb brands hatch early start getting down there to a very wet day started off getting the wheels swopped over to the race wets and went for sound testing and briefing. Once all that was sorted time to hit the track and turnee the boost down to 1bar as was enough boost to carry speed and traction in the wet. All i can say is wow race wets transformed the car in these conditions and by far one of the best things ive spent money on it was like driving on semi's in the dry, grip is crazy. It dryed up about 3:30 so desided to put the dunlops on and go and have some fun done a few laps and pushing the car a little harder and got a bit of a side ways and turned in to a 180 spin but stayed on the track came in checked over car and went back out for a couple more laps them had to come in due to a boost issue and car not feeling right. Investigated a little and nothinh suspect yet but did not want to risk driving it so called the AA to recover vehicle and take home.

Shitter for the end of the day but hey ho great day out and leaned alot about the car in the wet and one of the best track days ive done.

C944139C-10DD-4043-A4B1-4364905E99A5_zps

096600BA-D613-4D8C-B84F-134A044447D6_zps

7CD346DD-9F7E-4E7E-BAF0-B12A347516B6_zps

87966423-0E80-45DF-BC9D-472AC817BE8C_zps

0CA149BD-1479-4DDA-8358-AE9D82094BFD_zps

12797920-D1A9-42EA-91E4-6AF931A2723B_zps

ABEDB072-2189-4E5E-A6B4-D1CF1B35962C_zps

28CB0D4E-4900-4B2D-BD01-B0ABFAF81797_zps

5F4D2076-6A88-4021-8965-F8D3827733E8_zps

6A95BD43-2F5C-41A3-98CF-7449F83A39D3_zps

D692CFE0-E6A7-4821-BD3B-42F29AD18732_zps

BBEFE453-D2F3-4A32-8C79-1694722F777D_zps