Traders wheres all the carbon fiber stuff that was coming????

I remember Rick (Carbon Goodies) wanted to become a trader on here selling his products but he was declined to be a trader because other traders decided they where going to do carbon stuff strangely at the same time as Rick applied to be a trader. I know Rick is now no longer looking to do any thing for the starlets now as the main places people would benefit from them wont allow him to trade. So where is all the Carbon stuff????

I can't say much about traders at the minute due to the site as it was down for awhile, we are currently in talks with traders though and thats as much as I can say I'm afraid. ;)

I think there was going to be carbon stuff, but with the forum being down I guess there was no market for it.

now it is back up they can start promoting

first off, facts. get them correct. then spout off.

second, NO, the traders didnt have a say in it! it was Geo's decision. and we have known for quite some time that Dean was meant to be offering CF items. fair enough, they havent appeared, and that is a matter I aim to investigate now that we are functional again, but at the time Dean was investing time and money and research into producing parts. in the interest of protecting his investments, the decision was taken to make Dean the sole supplier of CF items to the forum.

clearly, however, you have a problem with Geo's decision.

i therefore invite you to send him a PM to that effect, where you can air your grievance with his decision, and infact not blame those parties who had NOTHING to do with the decision.

;) ;)

Phil.

ive been wanting some carbon things for a while now, i spoke to dean about stuff that was posted many months ago and nothing has become of it but give people there chance as the site has been on and off, myself i did lose interest in the site untill i knew it was up properly so it may take a while for things to pick up again. just my view on it

second, NO, the traders didnt have a say in it! it was Geo's decision. and we have known for quite some time that Dean was meant to be offering CF items. fair enough, they havent appeared, and that is a matter I aim to investigate now that we are functional again, but at the time Dean was investing time and money and research into producing parts. in the interest of protecting his investments, the decision was taken to make Dean the sole supplier of CF items to the forum.

i therefore invite you to send him a PM to that effect, where you can air your grievance with his decision, and infact not blame those parties who had NOTHING to do with the decision.

;) ;)

Phil.

Ok no problem so what you are saying is its ok to look after one persons interests so if every one worked on the same principle every one would only have one super market to go to there would only be one brand of cloths in the one named cloths shop. every thing every where would be the same price and every one would all be exactly the same!! what a monopoly you have running nice to see it works in every ones interests! and how well it has worked for every one wanting carbon fiber products.

One another note. I have known of Rick for many years he has been around in the starlet scene probably longer than most on the forum and many other forums too at least 14-15 years to my knowing and he is a man of his word. If he says he is going to do something he WILL DO IT.

And why should this be pushed into the closet in PMs I am only looking into this in every ones interests and every one else can now see why there is very little carbon around for the starlet!

just as well really, the shit i've been taking in the neck over forum shite for 3 months, u dont want to pick an argument.

"push it into the closet"????????????? right...simply put, geo doesnt get time to read EVERYTHING! so if u want a reply from him on the matter, the only way to get it is to contact him directly, otherwise it is unlikely u will get an answer.

also, super markets, shops prices....what?? the starlet scene isn't exactly the biggest thing in the world. but, u seem to know something about business and economics, so i will counter your rant with one phrase....market place saturation.

please feel free to respond with an argument to counter market place saturation and I will gladly continue our discussion further. however, it wasn't my decision as i have already stated, and if u want an answer regarding the thought behind the strategy employed here re. traders, i suggest again u take it up directly with Geo.

cheers.

Phil.

;) ;)

Phil.

Ok guys, this is the only post I'm going to make on this subject as I don't want to fall out with anybody. The admin team have made their decision and although I may not agree with them, I accept it.

Just so you are aware, the point you have made about the traders not being involved in the decision is not what was communicated to me. I was told by Geo that he didn't see any problems with me being a trader on the forum but he was waiting for the decision of the existing traders. Once I recieved the decision Geo told me that the traders had been consulted and they did not want me coming on board as a trader as one of them was planning on doing some carbon parts.

That is the decision I was given and the reason.

In my opinion it is a real shame for the Starlet community as I was planning a massive range of carbon products. The only people who have lost out here are the forum members and the Starlet community as a whole as I now have no plans to develop any Starlet parts as I don't have access to the market to be able to sell them without using the dreaded ebay, which I'm just not going to do. I personally have more than enough work in the Evo community and my workload is getting bigger all the time.

I do feel it's a crazy decision not letting other paying traders come on board who are going to contribute a lot to the community as one of the other current traders is planning some carbon parts. It does feel like a monopoly but that's just my opinion.

Anyway the decision was made quite a while ago now and my plans for this community have been shelved.

Cheers guys

Rick

i was disappointed as i wanted a carbon glanza s bonnet :( lol

dont want to open a can of worms, but y dont you apply for trader status on ttgt if you cant get it on here? then everyone has the best of both worlds :)

if it makes anyone feel any warmer and fuzzier inside, the whole trader situation is something that I am planning for the WHOLE admin team to get involved with now that we are back online. we have realised that some things need to change.

and as i mentioned above, the carbon bits from Dean haven't appeared, so the timing of your post rick is pretty good tbh.

i just didnt appreciate the feeling i was being nagged at on top of all the other bollox nagging i've had recently over shit that isnt under my control.

so, I will look into the matter further myself over the coming days.

Phil.

if it makes anyone feel any warmer and fuzzier inside, the whole trader situation is something that I am planning for the WHOLE admin team to get involved with now that we are back online. we have realised that some things need to change.

and as i mentioned above, the carbon bits from Dean haven't appeared, so the timing of your post rick is pretty good tbh.

i just didnt appreciate the feeling i was being nagged at on top of all the other bollox nagging i've had recently over shit that isnt under my control.

so, I will look into the matter further myself over the coming days.

Phil.

It is something I would be interested in and I do have a few items I can send for replication but I will need some confirmed orders before I pay the tooling cost etc.