What's been your worst injury?

I was looking at my deformed fingers today and thought I would post a topic about your worst injurys...

When I was 13 I chopped the ends of my fingers off in a trials bike chain. They sort of grew back a little bit but I now have weird claws instead of nails an a bulbus tip at the end of my first finger lol !

check it out.....

And whats your worst injuries?

DSCF4029.jpg

I was at a party in livingston a few years ago i got pushed and fell through a glass table and a tumbler came through with me, the tumbler broke apart leaving the base and a 4 inch point! It stuck right into my right arse cheek lol

I was off my tits at the time and pulled it out, people where screaming at me 1 girl was sick! Was a great night considering :lol:

Had to drive the next day when i sobered up back to glasgow and got 10 stitches.

Dived into a swimming pool at my mums in Portugal and hit the underwater step face on pissed ...

27 stitches later I was fine ish, filled the pool with blood emergency surgery the fuckin lot

I now have a scar from the middle of my eyebrows to the top of my ear

I'll dig a picture out later

Some good ones comin here lol.

I never got a pic of mine when I first did it but the hospital did. My veins and nerves were dangling out my fingers lol. My mate pushed the bike home with my finger still caught in the chain so it kept going round and round, nice one mate!

Edited by Haresign

Haresign, my mae did the exact same thing but only lost his middle finger, how did you do it because to this day im still confused how you can be riding a bike and manage to get your finger cought in the chain and cog :S

Reading this kind of stuff gives me shivers, im sooo crap when it comes to reading about blood and gor hahaha

i also have a metal plate in my ankle from where i suffered a double fracture and dislocation skinning someone playing football :( and what makes it worse is that a week after the operation, a couple of screws from the plate came through my skin :wacko:

Edited by mattyD

I may as well join in, snapped my leg and broke my tibia and fibula on my works christmas party pissed!, had to have long pins put in and it took about 6 months to walk again, i was stuck in bed for 2 months!!

I had a nasty fall of my long board not long ago doing about 20-25mph down i little hill and came of with no padding on except my sliding gloves.

Elbow broke my fall not good, then my head. i was pretty lucky must have bones of steel because didnt break anything lol Just twisted the the muscels in my left leg, my right knee was swollen, couldnt bend my elbow for about a week and still really sore for ages after that, took the skin of my right hip, neck killed and quite a bit of blood Walked like quasismodo for about a week but alight and only got little scares now.

i'll post the pics later.

I may as well join in, snapped my leg and broke my tibia and fibula on my works christmas party pissed!, had to have long pins put in and it took about 6 months to walk again, i was stuck in bed for 2 months!!

How?? thats pretty heavy for a christmas do!

i still dont 100% know how it happened, was on wind street with my mates, we were all in a big circle with our arms on each other shoulders bouncing around and next thing, snap!. I think one of the lads accidently stamped on my shin as we were going off a kerb.

I must have been in shock or somthing because it didnt hurt at all, i had to have an ambulance onto windstreet with tons of people around, was on the old gas and air too, high as a kite!

Gas and air rocks, they gave me it while they straightened my wrist (bones were sat on top of each other) and we were all in tears in the room because I kept taking the gas out and saying funny things

Haha you guys are nuts, I've never broken a bone ever. I did manage to cut down to the bone of my thumb on a bandsaw at work. Tried to get a plaster but they insisted I went to the doctors, I was the first emergency of our freshly opened surgery the same day :lol: ended up in hospital with 2 stitches and an xray to find out it took a chunk out of the bone.

Other than that I've had 1 bent collar bone aged 5 and thats it.

Only other visit to a hospital was when I had kidney stones 3 days before I went on holiday to zante greece. By far the worse pain I've ever felt, was told by doctors its the equivilant to child birth or being shot, plus theres nothing they can do about them, so spent half my holiday in aggony and the other half wasted :D

Where do you work!? Heavy sesh!!

Saw my knee cap when I crashed my super moto into an rx8. Clipped the o/s/r with my left knee whitch slammed me into the back of the car. Smashing the rear window with my face and creased the roof flipped me over the car and landed in front of the car. The car came off worse than me. Only had 7 stitches. I just bounce. Was on some paramedic program but never seen it. Was a blue rx8 Amy my bike had orange and black plastics with a chrome frame if any one has seen it.

Haresign, my mae did the exact same thing but only lost his middle finger, how did you do it because to this day im still confused how you can be riding a bike and manage to get your finger cought in the chain and cog :S

Reading this kind of stuff gives me shivers, im sooo crap when it comes to reading about blood and gor hahaha

My chain guard was made of plastic and snapped. So i put my fingers down and beofre I knew it they were gone.

The reason was because on the trial bike I had, the freewheel was on the front (where you pedal) and was solid sprocket at the back so when you stopped peddling the chain would still be going round. Dragged my fingers straight through

Bike Injury's, road and motorcross

Broken Neck c1

Broken Femur

Broken wrist twice

Both Collar bones numerous times

Broken Tibia an Fibia

Broken Knuckle Right Hand

Numerous skin loss, gravel rash!!

Forgot to Add Pulmonary Embolism (coughing up blood) meaning 12 months on warfin

And now knee problems

An still got back on!!!

John