I'm on the creatine pills now, went for pills over powder as its easier for me as I can just pop one straight after work then head to the gym :)

Had a great session on the chest tonight as the gym was empty as well :D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing alternation between:

A: 5x5 Squats

5x5 Bench

5x5 Bent over rows

B: 5x5 Squats

5x5 Overhead Press

1x5 Deadlift

I've been doing that Mon, Wed, Fri since I started back and rest over the weekend, it's tough but my strength has gone up a lot :D

you want higher reps on lower body ^ atleast 10-15 they are all endurance muscles try lunges too with a barbell and jump on the sitting down calf machine (forgot the proper name) my legs are really coming out now...leg day takes alot out of you :surrender:

im on 160kg on the incline leg press now 3x16...squats are the ultimate but i have a weak lower back cant do the weight i want on squats till its strong enough dont want to rely solely on a belt

zack is a beast, seems like a really down to earth guy sounds a spaz when he talks tho lol watched some of his comeback videos gives some really good advice not tried his recommended supplements...

at my best before i settled down witha control freek ex who hated me goin to the gym because "girls wud look at me" (shes a fuckin prick) i was squatin 170kg for 3 sets of 8reps no problem, deadliftin 170kg 3sets of 8reps n ready to up the weight, benchin 120kg 3sets of 8reps again. (id basicly do 6 reps 1 week,next week 7 then 8 then drop to 6 again n up the weight) also was doin tricep dips between benchs n ma pal wud put 80~100 kg in discs on my stomach to intensify the exercise, 3 sets of 12~15 on them badboys. wen i say i was a beast am no kiddin,the pic dont do me justice on previous page lol

Back to it in 2 weeks ready to compete again next year... cannot wait :D

Usual week split of:

Mon - Delts

Tues - Back & traps

Wed - Chest

Thurs - Bi's

Fri - Legs & tris

Then cardio throughout the week... boo; around sept i'll start strength training again

Edited by stavros

Chest and tricep session today then 20 minutes on the rope machine killer!

Day 1: Back and Biceps

Day 2: Chest and Triceps

Day 3: Shoulder & Traps

Day 4: Core; Abs and lower back

Day 5: Legs

15 minutes cardio before any weight then 10 minutes cardio after atm.

After my holiday in September back on strength training and putting on some weight 2 stone target.

Edited by Lee_EP82

you want higher reps on lower body ^ atleast 10-15 they are all endurance muscles try lunges too with a barbell and jump on the sitting down calf machine (forgot the proper name) my legs are really coming out now...leg day takes alot out of you :surrender:

im on 160kg on the incline leg press now 3x16...squats are the ultimate but i have a weak lower back cant do the weight i want on squats till its strong enough dont want to rely solely on a belt

zack is a beast, seems like a really down to earth guy sounds a spaz when he talks tho lol watched some of his comeback videos gives some really good advice not tried his recommended supplements...

Last time I used a leg press machine was about a year and a half ago lol think I managed about 140kg @75kg bodyweight

I used to do chest, back, shoulders days etc but I've ditched that now to get proportional strength in full body compound exercises. I throw in a few shoulder exercises here and there as my shoulders are my weak point

I think the reps I'm doing atm are fine, as the 5x5 are the max weight I can handle, all done free weights on an olympic barbell with perfect form and I'm consistently going up each session. Trust me it's enough doing that 3 times a week lol, by the time you get to the last exercise it's not easy :p

I've lost a bit of weight and gained some muscle after just over a week, haven't got figures (just ordered a body fat% weighing scale)

Gone up in the following in just over a week:

A: 5x5 Squats Started on 40kg, did 65kg last time

5x5 Bench Started on 40kg, did 55kg last time

5x5 Bent over rows Started on 40kg, did 65kg last time

B: 5x5 Squats (as above)

5x5 Overhead Press Started on 30kg, did 37.5kg last time

1x5 Deadlift Started on 50kg, did 80kg last time

I usually do 2 warm up sets before the work sets and can obviously handle more weight in each exercise but I want to build up my strength gradually in all areas, and encourage proper form rather than struggling at higher weight. I usually train for endurance with running though I've concentrated more on building the strength back up in muscles across my joints before I start doing both strength training and running again.

@ the supplement comment :lol:

Side effects of ephedra may include severe skin reactions, irritability, nervousness, dizziness, trembling, headache, insomnia, profuse perspiration, dehydration, itchy scalp and skin, vomiting, hyperthermia, irregular heartbeat, seizures, heart attack, stroke, or death

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend using Ephedra containing products lol

Side effects from paracetamol are rare but can include:

• a rash
  • blood disorders, such as thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) and leukopenia (low number of white blood cells)
  • hypotension (low blood pressure) when given in hospital by infusion (a continuous drip of medicine into a vein in your arm)
  • liver and kidney damage, when taken at higher-than-recommended doses

Not really comparative is it lol

just got back did legs today, im gonna feel it tomorrow when i get up for sure!!! ^_^

went up to 200kg on the inlcine leg press 15x3 did lunges 14x2 and seated calf raises 7x3....

Funny how now the sun is out how many people are coming, you're supposed to get ready for summer BEFORE summer :lol:

Started cutting a week ago, dropped 7lbs :)

Strength stats: (Over period of 3 weeks starting back training, all free weight olympic barbell)

Squat 5x5 - 40kg>75kg

Bench 5x5 - 40kg>65kg

Rows 5x5 - 40kg>65kg

Standing Overhead Press 5x5 - 30kg>40kg (Shoulders still my weak point!)

Deadlift 1x7 - 60kg>120kg (quite happy with that one!)

I've stopped trying to gain on Stronglifts as I've gained a bit of strength, now maintaining strength and cutting for a few weeks. Will maintain above exercises occasionally along with bringing in machines to define specific muscles (Lat Dorsi, Rhomboids, Pec Minor, Deltoid & Rotator cuff). Also started cardio again, effort..lol

Leg workout this evening

Squat - 6 X 3 - 80kg, 100kg, 120kg Thats bodyweight X 1.5 happy with that.

Incline leg press - 10 X 3 - 80kg > 140kg

Leg Extensions machine 10 X 3 - 52kg, 66kg, 78kg

Leg curls machine 10 X 3 - 52kg, 66kg, 78kg

Calf raise machine 10 X 3 - 100kg, 130kg, 150kg

Strongish legs but skinny as hell :(

What are peoples views on Creatine?

I was thinking of having it as a post gym supplement.

Also what are peoples views on ZMA i heard people talking about it on bodybuilding.com it sounds as though its a testosterone booster.

monohydrate is what you want, the german creapure is what i have (supposed to be the best/most refined) i buy beast creature £22-25 a pot......do a loading phase (4 scoops a day for a week) then 2 scoops after your workout and 2 in the morning on a none training day....eat something before to spike your insulin (helps uptake of creatine)

going to move onto hurricane xs from myprotien now as it has creapure and protein etc....basically works out cheaper

also cycle the bitch, every 2 months 1 month free period ^_^

this is what i do, theres loads of different views and ways people take it....

im not too clude up on the test supplements, my school of thought is that us young guys really dont need it ....for the old goats yeah but not us young-uns