• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rememba tho,its not bout doin as many as u can,dont wana burn urself out rapid,wot u wana do is 3 sets of 20reps to start with and at a fairly slow pace as ul get the muscles in the chest,arms etc workin harder and longer therfore promotin fat loss,a beta cardiovascular workout and a beta level of tone once u shift a wee bit of podge bud

just watch your carbs mate, selective exercises dont work for fat loss i.e train abs to loose the gut......your body decides that...have a good clean diet and drink plenty of water

get to the gym if you can and start a good work out plan...working different muscles each day

Suprised no girls have comented on this...does no other girls on here go to the gym?

I dont do the shakes and stuff but i work on muscel and core alot, with some cardio. i go between 3 - 5 times a week and always swim after to loosen up. i used to go a lot more and was at my peek about 6 months ago, now im only lifting half the weights i used to but building up slowly. i never no when to change it up tho, working to get back were i was, how often should i up my weights?

i change up when i can do 10 on the first set 8-10 on the second and 8 on the third....everyone does things differently i dont do more than 8-10 reps on upper body and no less than 15 on legs

Suprised no girls have comented on this...does no other girls on here go to the gym?

I dont do the shakes and stuff but i work on muscel and core alot, with some cardio. i go between 3 - 5 times a week and always swim after to loosen up. i used to go a lot more and was at my peek about 6 months ago, now im only lifting half the weights i used to but building up slowly. i never no when to change it up tho, working to get back were i was, how often should i up my weights?

do enuf weight to get a good resistance and the way i work it it is il do 3 sets of 6 reps then the nxt time i do the same exercise do 3 sets of 7,nxt time 3 sets of 8 til i reach 12 reps per set then i drop it back to 6 reps and up the weight by 5-10kgs zoe.thats pretty much the best way of doin it

I've been looking to get fit these last week. I'm 18 just under 5ft7 and weigh 81kg. I only been controlling on what i'm eating. smaller and healthier portions. just this week alone i have lost 1 kg. its not much but im happy with the progress and just hope i stick with it. I have now started doing sit-ups and press-ups. trying to do around 100 of each over the day.

We need a progress section for this thread, for the people who's started the gym & the people who currently go the gym. Post regular pics ever few pics to see each others gains, sounds abit gay but would be a good idea to see how much we change over the on going mounths.

We need a progress section for this thread, for the people who's started the gym & the people who currently go the gym. Post regular pics ever few weeks to see each others gains, sounds abit gay but would be a good idea to see how much we change over the on going mounths.

I train 3 times a week and box once a week. Im not aiming to bulk up as I'm happy with my size, but I need to shred some fat. I try to jog as much as I can although I do spend most of my time with the weights. I use whey protein, just once after every session. I tried Maximuscle Cyclone, it really does help in the gym but it contains creating, I'm not keen on using that.

has anyone got any decent recipes for food? sick of eating boring arse chicken and rice

Tuna sandwiches are nice with a bit of extra light mayo and salad. Plain tuna is awful IMO, but is good for you.

Chicken with boiled rice is one of my favourites, but I try to have more chicken than the rice as I try to keep my carb intake relatively low.

Boiled egg in toast is one of my favourites too.

Bascally all the foods which are good for you are the foods which ither taste like shit or don't taste what so ever. I am currently cutting at the min so i aint takeing any supplments what so ever. My diet involves lots of tuna, brown rice with tuna & oats with water i eat this round about 7 times a day and its boreing but should see some good gains soon.

back in the day i used to use body fortress muscle and weight gainer,protein shakes and creatine from holland barrett.

it sed no more than 2 weight gain shakes a day,i was on 5 and eatin lots of food,from cakes to good stuff like all meats n fish (i was a butcher so that was easily dun lol)

on top of that i dun NO cardio n had abite to eat n 1 of each shake before bed for maximum gain. the result? 3st 2lb in 3months,strength went thru the roof, i was up to 16st 2lb,i lost 1st rippin up n this is how i stayed until my ex and a near death car crash put me back a few squares.getin back to it now,not far off itbig_scots_hunk_34105509.jpg

Thats good gains over 3 months man over the last 2 months i have gone from 11 stone 4 to 12 stone 8 been on myprotein hard gainer noticed gains in strength and size i use a myotape to take my measurements weekly and check my weight weekly.

Now im on my protein true whey which has bcaa's in also and cutting down for the summer to get ripped for my holiday :)

I'm not into the gym or anything and never have been really, but back in the school days I played rugby for the town, started at the age of 12 and stopped at 16 (biggest regret!)

We used to do full contact training twice a week and gym twice a week, before I stopped I weighed 9.5 stone and 5 and a half ft tall, and it was just plain muscle! I had a good body figure and a good power to weight ratio. Used to have a typical rugby players diet of purely what you want because you know when you were at training, you were gonna work so hard and be sick!

I hit colts level ( 16 - 20 odd years old) and found myself being thrown about as I was a small winger and decided I needed to put some weight behind me...

6 years later I'm a fat fuck that smokes, weighing nearly 13.5 stone and just don't have the motivation to get back into it!

I don't think I wanna get bk into rugby again, but I wanna shake up and get healthy... Any tips?

I'm gonna hit the road tomorrow morning and jog until I'm sick or for half an hour... Clean my system out and drink water only, dunno what to eat though as I'm at work ( normally a fast food diet as I'm on the road all day) but will have access to supermarkets...

I'm not into the gym or anything and never have been really, but back in the school days I played rugby for the town, started at the age of 12 and stopped at 16 (biggest regret!)

We used to do full contact training twice a week and gym twice a week, before I stopped I weighed 9.5 stone and 5 and a half ft tall, and it was just plain muscle! I had a good body figure and a good power to weight ratio. Used to have a typical rugby players diet of purely what you want because you know when you were at training, you were gonna work so hard and be sick!

I hit colts level ( 16 - 20 odd years old) and found myself being thrown about as I was a small winger and decided I needed to put some weight behind me...

6 years later I'm a fat fuck that smokes, weighing nearly 13.5 stone and just don't have the motivation to get back into it!

I don't think I wanna get bk into rugby again, but I wanna shake up and get healthy... Any tips?

I'm gonna hit the road tomorrow morning and jog until I'm sick or for half an hour... Clean my system out and drink water only, dunno what to eat though as I'm at work ( normally a fast food diet as I'm on the road all day) but will have access to supermarkets...

OI!! 13.5st isnt fat,thats wot i am lol

plenty of water, youll hate it at first but stick too it....keep a bottle handy and have a swig

more protein rich foods....slow digesting carbs (oats/wholemeal bread instead of white)....plenty of fruit when u get cravings (bananas/apples or anything you fancy)...get small packets of un salted peanuts/cashew nuts/ or a mix (a small packet to control the portion size).....cut out the smoking as much as you can too....get healthy subways..say a 6" wheat bread no cheese...chicken teryaki all the salad and no sauce or one line of whatever you fancy

carbs=moobs + gut

I was quite lucky when I lived at home cus my mum was a bit of a gym freak... Just can't remember what meals to eat!

Need to sort an eating plan out, deffo gonna start having breakfast! As I norms starve til lunch and pig out! I'm gonna do 30 min jog in the morns followed by crunches/ situps / pushups and then shower then breakfast... Oats with water or oats with milk!?!