glanza gee's epic drag build

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe its to do with a group buy a member on here organised on some straight cut gearbox gearsets...

UKSO Staff Closed the Thread, as Members aren't allowed to organise group buys...

However, the group buy was still planned and done through PM...

Few months later, turns out the company/manufacturer are scam artists and 2 members including Gee lost a lot of money...

However, then. Want UKSO to deal with it and sort it out for them...

:( Nothing we can do I'm afraid...

However, once again, we are the bad guys...

We don't permit users to do group buys on here, especially with such large amounts of money like this...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry Gee mate, but what is it you'd like me or any other UKSO Staff Members to do. Im not a member of the police.

There are many members who would love to keep updated on your cars progress.

If you feel you've been hard done by by UKSO, as you well know, we don't force anyone to use UKSO...

This was a privately organised group buy by individuals of UKstarlet club through pm etc and at no point sanctioned by the admin team.

This is between the parties involved

John

Edited by ro55ifumi

fact 1 the thread is still open : http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/55846-dog-box/?hl=dogbox#entry723330

fact 2 i gave money to this person (socks) you have the emails

fact 3 this person states in his email to this so called gearbox maker numerous time the word my customers

fact 4 while waiting for this part this person had a huge array of parts in hand

fact 5 yes he did get hard done by aswell but that does not concern me thats for him to deal with

fact 6 yes i could of claimed via pay pal as i had a few days left but it would of left this person in a bad situation

fact 7 i got promised by this guy that he will pay back my money

fact 8 i told ukso to keep an eye on him as he was still buy exotic part after been scammed

fact 9 when this person decided to sell up i pm him to take some parts as exchange for money due to me the answer i got was i want nothing to do with you again

now im sorry but in my book my word is my word and if i owe money id deal with that first than buy very expensive parts

fact 10 spoke to his dad who also promised he would deal with it and he will keep in contact not once have you kept me updated with progress as far as i could know youve got our money and spending it

ukso admin team thank you for your efforts over the months in replying back to my pm's which you havent

my rant is over im portrayed as the bad guy and you lost a very old and wise member to this community

i wont let this rest as its not the amount i got scamed that i cant deal with its how i got it the money in the first place (grandmothers will)

like i said im a man of my word if i have a dept i deal with it some dont have that upbringing.

fact 1, Never Doubted you gave this user your money

fact 2, Never Doubted he had parts that he could have given you as payment or sold to pay you back

fact 3, You were VERY trusting with this person, but SHOULD have opened a paypal dispute

fact 4, Paypal could have recovered your money, we could never have done this

fact 5, Could of Claimed, Leaving this person in a bad situation? But, now YOUR in a bad situation?

fact 6, We did keep an eye on him, he hasn't put a foot wrong since to our knowledge...

fact 7, If this person wants nothing to do with you anymore. Im sorry Gee, but that's between you and him. I'd agree its Very unfair... But there is nothing UKSO can do...

fact 8, If this person was banned. Would you get your money back? Would this achieve anything? You did a deal/group buy between yourselves which is against the rules & guidelines. Its UNFAIR to hold UKSO as responsible for that...

fact 9, Whether you post it here or via PM. What do you want us to do?

fact 10, We have NEVER portrayed you as the bad guy. Quite the opposite we've always been very friendly to yourself, both in person at shows and on here.

fact 11, My sympathy goes out to how you got the money and the poor circumstances to which you lost it, but measures by yourself could have been taken to prevent it happening.

Again, I apologize on behalf of UKSO, but there is nothing we can do to recover your funds.

You'll need to go through, bank/police/courts now...

not havin a dig but locking the dogbox thread NOW is not any help to anyone its been open all this time why lock it now ?

Because It SHOULD have been locked... As its against the rules...

sounds like until the company refunds/reappears it would be unreasonable to expect anyone to reimburse anyone else.

Granted the member shouldnt have refered to you as customers but thats hardly legally binding unless he planned to make money by bring these boxs in.

push comes to shove you put your faith in a middle man and got stung

but not by the middle man.

Phil

a middle man never acts without some sort of gain or profit which is also the person responsible for any fuck ups

its like me saying to you i bought a plane ticket from your shop the plane company goes bust i come in to your shop for a refund and you phob me off

come on mate dont twist words

At the end of the day Gee is out of pocket by a few thousand, what ever the situation might be no one can turn back time to correct things like claiming on paypal etc. I think it's more the fact of trusting (or not trusting as it has panned out) members to just do a good deed and stay faithful to someone who has put a hell of a lot of money in to something that has never come about.

Just think if you were in Gee's shoes and thousands of pounds/euros out of pocket. I know for one I'd be pissed off like fuck!

Shame really..

Are the UKstarlet club/owners members who organised the scam been banned from this site now?no he still here and a prick chats shit is be embrassed and give all the parts he trying too sell and give back to gee as payment he?£3500 yer that's right you little prick you know who you are name and shame yes

Phil

Are the UKstarlet club/owners members who organised the scam been banned from this site now?no he still here and a prick chats shit is be embrassed and give all the parts he trying too sell and give back to gee as payment he?£3500 yer that's right you little prick you know who you are name and shame yes

Phil

a middle man never acts without some sort of gain or profit which is also the person responsible for any fuck ups

its like me saying to you i bought a plane ticket from your shop the plane company goes bust i come in to your shop for a refund and you phob me off

come on mate dont twist words

Gee, honestly not looking to twist words, or defend any middle men.

But your example of a plane company/a shop/ and a customer is not the same as the situation your in.

the shop couldn't fob you off as they are regulated by the financial standards agency.

AdamB on the other hand is someone you have met on an online forum and trusted enough to have him source you a part, id say that puts you pretty much in his team.

and the whole lot of you were scammed by a much larger company.

only the company have set out to do something wrong.

But i do feel for you and if AdamB could afford to provide insurance for this little venture then all well and good. but it seems he cant.

Phil

sounds like until the company refunds/reappears it would be unreasonable to expect anyone to reimburse anyone else.fuck ogf

Granted the member shouldnt have refered to you as customers but thats hardly legally binding unless he planned to make money by bring these boxs in.

push comes to shove you put your faith in a middle man and got stung

but not by the middle man.

Phil

Asbo it would appear you are struggling to use the Quote function correctly.

by the way im not suggesting AdamB should get off scott free, im sure he wouldnt be overly offended if having made an unapproved groupbuy that contravenes UKS policy he could be banned or penalised in some way.

he would probably understand that punishment is a reasonable part of life.

im just saying in this unapproved group buy you all got stung. i assume adam didnt keep the money and buy a thai bride and that actually the company stole your money.

Phil

Edited by Philm

But everyone else who rips other people of from scamming people or not sending somebody some parts that someone has paid for gets banned. Sorry but why should AdamB be treated any differently?

Not really if if happend to you or anyone else on here

And they would slate names and threat and go round there yard ...but it being civil for 2yrs now.

The person that started group buy took the money too...

Which is responsible for the deal in my eyes