All members please read! uber important anouncment.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying is a great idea. It can only help the club improve. The money will help the club no end and i think it only fair for enzo to start charging now. Im suprised he is still around as it takes a certain level of comitment to stand by something that provides you with nothing but stress and is a financial drain aswell.

VIVA UKSC

I would happily pay for this service. My membership over on TGTT just lapsed and in process of renewing that too. I simply could not have bought, owned and built my two starlets without help from everyone on here (and over there :p)

Admins/mods etc..thanks so much for the time and effort over the years!

Just out of curiosity do traders pay a tarif for trading on here? Sorry traders :p

Cheers for all the positive feedback. Good to see some keen and active members all the time willing to help the club progress further

Whoever mentioned guides too, the wiki section is coming along nicely thanks to socks and were going to keep constantly working on brochure scans and guides over the next few weeks/months

Mate you know me and know i have no issue with paying done so since you started the donations.

but not had a chance to read through all the comments so sorry if q has been asked already, but what about members that have already donated i.e me will we still continue to get the same access we have or need to pay that bit extra ?

Geo, sorry to see your feeling like this, however, its been a long time coming.

Paid Memberships are a great idea. I've skim read this thread so appologies if I mention something already been covered.

I'm giving my opinion based on how the SXOC do things, and with a paid member base of 800+ its clear we do things pretty dam well.

Major Perks of being a member on there are:

Only Members are allowed on Club Stands, with discount rates on tickets.

Only Members can join group buys by Traders

Members get discounts to track day events (For example on the Scottish drift days its £30 for Member and £40 for non member)

Members get discounts on clothing (for example a hoodie is £20 for a Member and £25 for a non member.

Free Food at large events.

The SXOC leave the main sales areas open to the public. These being S-Bodies for Sale and parts for sale. Everything else is locked out to Members (Other Vehicles, Misc things etc). We also leave all the technical data there to see as that is what the SXOC is great for. We have about 8 years worth of How To's and troubleshooting guides and those are great for drawing people in.

Here is our FAQ page for memberships:

http://www.sxoc.com/...nd-Renewals-FAQ

Growing to that size takes time, but UKSC is well on its way.

Our membership is £20 for new members and then £17 for renewals, if you get involved with club events then the membership pays for itself.

The SXOC holds a good balance in the club account for emergency server type work and we try to have AGM's with all the staff and commitee. The club has a large mass of staff ranging from the Comitee, pretty much 8 guys who run the real important parts of the club (Money, Media, National Events, Website). Then there are head mods, then all us reps.

Many people who join never leave even after selling the S-Body due to the clubs great rates.

For the future of UKSC I would advice starting small. The club could easily do things, however it takes people to be involved. Scotland is the most active region in the SXOC with the largest Member base and also with the most events. Due to our awesome skillz we also take a large potion of the regional events budget.

The main thing I think for you Geo is allow more people to help with the major back ground running. You can't do it on your own and thinking you can is just madness.

Also, to let you know, no one on the staff gets a free ride. We all still pay membership and no one takes a wage ;) I understand your frustrations but saying you feel you "deserve" it sounds like we're lining your pockets, I'm not for that. What I am for is helping towards the running of a site and keeping it alive.

Whatever you feel like doing in the future I'll still be floating about on here.

Well said that man!

Geo, sorry to see your feeling like this, however, its been a long time coming.

Paid Memberships are a great idea. I've skim read this thread so appologies if I mention something already been covered.

I'm giving my opinion based on how the SXOC do things, and with a paid member base of 800+ its clear we do things pretty dam well.

Major Perks of being a member on there are:

Only Members are allowed on Club Stands, with discount rates on tickets.

Only Members can join group buys by Traders

Members get discounts to track day events (For example on the Scottish drift days its £30 for Member and £40 for non member)

Members get discounts on clothing (for example a hoodie is £20 for a Member and £25 for a non member.

Free Food at large events.

The SXOC leave the main sales areas open to the public. These being S-Bodies for Sale and parts for sale. Everything else is locked out to Members (Other Vehicles, Misc things etc). We also leave all the technical data there to see as that is what the SXOC is great for. We have about 8 years worth of How To's and troubleshooting guides and those are great for drawing people in.

Here is our FAQ page for memberships:

http://www.sxoc.com/...nd-Renewals-FAQ

Growing to that size takes time, but UKSC is well on its way.

Our membership is £20 for new members and then £17 for renewals, if you get involved with club events then the membership pays for itself.

The SXOC holds a good balance in the club account for emergency server type work and we try to have AGM's with all the staff and commitee. The club has a large mass of staff ranging from the Comitee, pretty much 8 guys who run the real important parts of the club (Money, Media, National Events, Website). Then there are head mods, then all us reps.

Many people who join never leave even after selling the S-Body due to the clubs great rates.

For the future of UKSC I would advice starting small. The club could easily do things, however it takes people to be involved. Scotland is the most active region in the SXOC with the largest Member base and also with the most events. Due to our awesome skillz we also take a large potion of the regional events budget.

The main thing I think for you Geo is allow more people to help with the major back ground running. You can't do it on your own and thinking you can is just madness.

Also, to let you know, no one on the staff gets a free ride. We all still pay membership and no one takes a wage ;) I understand your frustrations but saying you feel you "deserve" it sounds like we're lining your pockets, I'm not for that. What I am for is helping towards the running of a site and keeping it alive.

Whatever you feel like doing in the future I'll still be floating about on here.

Quality :)

Some good points there.

P.s. Ryan. If you're turboing your hair..... Um....mx5 now, u can afford to put a ten note to one side x

im not doing it NOW, when i finish college and hopefully get some full time work ill be doing it ;) ill put the £10 to one side when i get my grant

some one will have to buy me some pencils and pens though, seeing as the bastard who robbed my car took those with them! scabby bastards

Hi. I haven't been on much for a year or so either. I've had lots of personal events occurring too; I don't like everyone to know my business, so I can only offer resignation of Moderator position again to maybe have it for someone more useful. I don't think most of the members would recognise some our names, and we all have to move on. I tried to stick here as long as I could as I didn't want to just leave when I sold the car!

I wouldn't donate or pay, which I have reasons for too (nothing to do with UKSC.) Although, that's not to say I that I don't think it's worth it. I'm pretty sure the join dates to the left were reset at one point and if memory serves me correctly, some of us were here longer than the date specified, which was nice to be a part of. I think the site has had a good run, all great things come to end, but it's great to see you didn't give up. If I ever make it to an event, I will be happy to buy everyone beers and pay something in person. If the site needs paying members and I'm not here, I'm OK with that. I will know where to find you at events, and I would find you too. :)

It's worth mentioning, that to some of you newer members. Some of the Mods and Admins have put a lot of time and effort in here, far more than me. I'm sure some of you have made friends here too, which may not have happened without their efforts.

***new members beware, gratuitous UKSC man love is about to happen because I love Gaz...***

^^^^the dates were reset when the original forum died buddy. think i was a member for about 2 days before it died lol. thats the only reason.

Also, thank you for the offer to give your mod position to someone else man, I really appreciate that. You and your GT were an inspiration to me back in 05 and 06 with your painted water bottles lol, and you are proper UKSC to the core, which is why you would like to see a mod spot put to use and not taken up purely for a status thing, which I applaud you for.

also, it annoys me greatly that we have never met in person at JAE. I hope some year, when we're both old grisly pricks, this will be fixed.

that is a post of experience and old skool UKSC love right there. thanks dude! good to hear from you!

Phil.

I'd happy enough pay whatever membership on offer,as this forum is very good and couldn't live without it has taught me a lot.

Think its a good idea maybe to have yearly membership gift I.e sticker,key ring,to show your membership and also advertise the club.

Stevie

I didn't realise the UK was full of communists :p

I dont really use the site muchbut here's my advice enzo;

There is nothing wrong with monetising the site, tumblr, facebook etc all come to a point where it is a necessity. There is nothing wrong with the site becoming profitable, the likelihood is that the site would actually improve if this was the case as it would encourage reinvestment in order to continue growing the site.

So you are entitled to monetise the site but don't winge and complain about specific costs that are really due to your own bad decisions etc, you have a good mod team and from reading what you have said it seems like you could have taken advantage of free hosting if you wanted to or at least reduced your costs which you should do immediately.

You need to be smart as to how you are going to source your revenue, it's the memebrship that will provide the revenue, either by being a regular user and subjecting themselves to advertising, by paying a membership fee, or by becoming a fan of the brand and purchasing merchandise.

So my advice, insert adds much like on http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/ and then a paid member could have the adds removed etc. There are lots of methods of advertising through forums and as long as it doesn't detract from the user experience a lot then it shouldn't be a problem.

One last thing to always remember, you won't maximise revenue if your view is that you are 'entitled' to it and people should just 'give' you money you always have to be improving your product offering and come up with ingenuitive methods of revenue generation.

Also to maximise income, a paid membership should be just that, material goods like keyrings/stickers should be sold on at a profit and not given free with membership imo.

Edited by sacodetoro

Thanks, Phil. We will meet some day my friend, and it will be a good laugh I'm certain.

Thanks for all the great comments, and if and when I'm removed, mourn and remember me! Hah.

Thanks for all the good times, meets and weird nutters that we've banned!

I didn't realise the UK was full of communists :p

I dont really use the site muchbut here's my advice enzo;

There is nothing wrong with monetising the site, tumblr, facebook etc all come to a point where it is a necessity. There is nothing wrong with the site becoming profitable, the likelihood is that the site would actually improve if this was the case as it would encourage reinvestment in order to continue growing the site.

So you are entitled to monetise the site but don't winge and complain about specific costs that are really due to your own bad decisions etc, you have a good mod team and from reading what you have said it seems like you could have taken advantage of free hosting if you wanted to or at least reduced your costs which you should do immediately.

You need to be smart as to how you are going to source your revenue, it's the memebrship that will provide the revenue, either by being a regular user and subjecting themselves to advertising, by paying a membership fee, or by becoming a fan of the brand and purchasing merchandise.

So my advice, insert adds much like on http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/ and then a paid member could have the adds removed etc. There are lots of methods of advertising through forums and as long as it doesn't detract from the user experience a lot then it shouldn't be a problem.

One last thing to always remember, you won't maximise revenue if your view is that you are 'entitled' to it and people should just 'give' you money you always have to be improving your product offering and come up with ingenuitive methods of revenue generation.

Also to maximise income, a paid membership should be just that, material goods like keyrings/stickers should be sold on at a profit and not given free with membership imo.

Some good points in there dude

I'm a new member and still in Japan and I will pay. Might I suggest possibly allowing paying members an advantage to buying parts over non paying members. That alone is worth the membership fee.

The like of the above though doesn't really work, the traders and the club are seperate entities and unless the traders were to be compensated for such discounts then it wouldn't make sense to them and compensating the traders through reduced fees etc will just reduce the current revenue.

The traders and their prices are completely seperate from paid/non paid membership, they do pay to be here after all and it makes no difference to them what the membership status of their customer is.

Edited by sacodetoro