All members please read! uber important anouncment.

This site has given me alot of feedback, help, access to info i thought i will never find aswell as some friends....Its only fair to give something back in return.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As above Access to Sales sections should be Paid membership only.

Ive been screwed over twice in a couple of weeks now (not directly from here but one was off the FB page)

But just shows these little internet scrolling no good worms are about.

Also you could easily charge more than £10 perhaps with a Quarterly Jap mag chucked in ???

Well Uksc get a £3 donation per japfest ticket anyway. Tickets here are £16 and over on epcivic there £13. Just sayin

was going to say where do you get £3 from tickets are £15 and we charged £16 for a £1 donation to the club fund (which was stated in the post was optional and you didnt have to pay it if you dont want to)

epcivic must be making a loss on there tickets then if there charging £13

Hey Just finished Reading and I LOVE uksc! its my hompage and i use it daily weather its just for snooping, posting, buying or selling and i would be more than happy to pay for the privage to do so, I've been gone for a while and im back again, thats why im not currently a (Supported Member).

In addition Geo is a Top bloke and has bent over backwards for me in the past despite his personel affairs and has literaly delivered everytime!

Geo i an actual "EP LEGEND" if you have a starlet you know who enzo is!

As stated previously if a payment plan comes in ill be the first to send payment, but i cant help but think their will be less faithfull memebers that will scrap uksc and use tgtt being the free option

Ro55 made a good point in post 35 to add perks to payed memebership

•Are able to buy and sell

•Sigs

•More Pm space

•Membership Yearly Sticker

•Etc

Maybe we should start a thread to see what members would expect to see from a paid version or ideas on what would seperate uksc from our main competetor (tgtt) to stop our members wondering a stray

was going to say where do you get £3 from tickets are £15 and we charged £16 for a £1 donation to the club fund (which was stated in the post was optional and you didnt have to pay it if you dont want to)

epcivic must be making a loss on there tickets then if there charging £13

I don't mind making a £5 extra donation when paying for tickets. It's just someone stated we should pay extra when buying tickets so I thought I'd write that we already do. Oh that's odd. Te organiser dude said japfest just contacted them saying they can have japfest 2 tickets for £13 each. I dano. I don't mind paying extra as I said mate. I got so much info off here it's only fair I return it.

Hey Just finished Reading and I LOVE uksc! its my hompage and i use it daily weather its just for snooping, posting, buying or selling and i would be more than happy to pay for the privage to do so, I've been gone for a while and im back again, thats why im not currently a (Supported Member).

In addition Geo is a Top bloke and has bent over backwards for me in the past despite his personel affairs and has literaly delivered everytime!

Geo i an actual "EP LEGEND" if you have a starlet you know who enzo is!

As stated previously if a payment plan comes in ill be the first to send payment, but i cant help but think their will be less faithfull memebers that will scrap uksc and use tgtt being the free option

Ro55 made a good point in post 35 to add perks to payed memebership

•Are able to buy and sell

•Sigs

•More Pm space

•Membership Yearly Sticker

•Etc

Maybe we should start a thread to see what members would expect to see from a paid version or ideas on what would seperate uksc from our main competetor (tgtt) to stop our members wondering a stray

Also i would like to see it like Civic Life, with the featured donation goals.

i think that is great

as it makes it more transparent, and makes people think that the club needs them then!

i dont mind putting in like its been said above what you get out of the site pays for this in itself but i see what a few others are saying to.

If you are basing the membership fee on pay back for time and effort then i think some of that money should by rights go back into the club fund and put towards things for members (e.g the prizes at shows, and new kit like at JAE last year) as everyone contributes and as well the mods! they keeps this place running day in day out, organising shows getting up silly early to meet people to give them tickets etc based on effort alone they do a lot to from what i understand.

i might be wrong but you asked for opinions, just trying to be honest without causing massive up roar i just think the mods have been over looked. Nothing wrong with wanting membership fee and a bit of money for your efforts but share the love with the others that help to.

I don't care if its for profit, keeping the site running, whatever the moneys needed for.

I am more than happy to pay for membership i'm surprised its free tbh, and for you to put that much money, effort+time into this just for others pleasure then im sure you deserve a little something back. just my oppinion :)

but yeah more than happy to pay :)!

I think the idea if a membership scheme is a positive one, especially if it goes to maintaning the site, and keeping a top level of service. Currently, I donate to a seperate unrelated forum willingly, and this is for a few reasons which i'll stick below...

- We are always informed of issues, in advance, of site shutdowns, maintenance, server migration etc

- If something looks iffy, we'll be notified in advance of possible problems 'just incase' something goes wrong, even if it doesn't

- We are gratefully thanked and shown much appreciaton for our donations, and this includes a higher status of membership and special VIP privaleges

- Offers of discount in a way, similar to what you could say would be a UKSC related member item, be it TaxDisc holder, special sticker, keychain etc

- Any issues we have are taken immediately, and responded to within a VERY short space of time, by people with patience, who are not baised and try fully to appreciate everyones individual needs and circumstances

- The site is moderated very swiftly, and precisely by a dedicated team of people ( much like those on here )

Enzo has obviously put a lot of time and effort into making this place and bringing it up to where it is now. Yes we have had serious problems with it going down, a lot of us waiting on money, items or messages during this time which is a real frustration...but the poor guy has gone through 2 relationships and other problems. NO forum should EVER cause issues like this personally to a member, especially one paying out of his own pocket.

We all understand the reasoning behind the need to consider member fees. I personally feel the way Enzo came across wasn't quite right, almost like we are paying fee's as a sort of compensation for him being personally screwed. BUT im sure that is not his intention, he has put a lot into this so far, and he's not insane (cough "driving" cough) and when you get emotionally strained, it can be hard to put things down the way you want them to come across, especially when your emotional, angry etc...I feel we should give things a chance, let the dust settle so to speak.

We all know membership fee's will help, If we can get a 100% guarantee that membership fees are going to improve the forum, better help, greater service without crashes, shutdowns etc...then I think we would all be happy enough to support this idea with a £10 or so a year membership scheme.

That's my 2p anyway ( or £10 )

I think the idea if a membership scheme is a positive one, especially if it goes to maintaning the site, and keeping a top level of service. Currently, I donate to a seperate unrelated forum willingly, and this is for a few reasons which i'll stick below...

- We are always informed of issues,in advance, of site shutdowns, maintenance, server migration etc - We do this already, we post any forum software issue's / downtime ect on the Facebook page.. If your not on it, join it! :)

- If something looks iffy, we'll be notified in advance of possible problems 'just incase' something goes wrong, even if it doesn't - Matt now does this, he post's if he's gonna do a forum upgrade and if there will be any downtime. :)

- Any issues we have are taken immediately, and responded to within a VERY short space of time, by people with patience, who are not baised and try fully to appreciate everyones individual needs and circumstances - There is usually a mod on here 24 hours a day! :)

- The site is moderated very swiftly, and precisely by a dedicated team of people ( much like those on here ) - It already is! :p:D

By the way, keep the suggestions coming.. All this feedback is helping us Admin / Mod team deicide whats gonna happen! :)

We do this already, we post any forum software issue's / downtime ect on the Facebook page.. If your not on it, join it! :)

This is an example of improvement, I had no idea there was a dedicated Facebook page for UKSC. Im probably not alone either, a bit more info on these things would be great. Maybe something on the forum homepage that says "Why not join our Facebook page - Go here?" The forum has a fairly neat layout, but there's a few things on the main page that should be REALLY obvious for those just joining, or those like me that aren't on here 24/7 and haven't seen all the changes and progess so far.

I think paid membership is a must tbh. tgtt do it as do 100's of other sites. the donation idea tgat is already in place is good but in imho i dont think it works well enough as it seems to be the same handful of us paying in :( if theres no choice but to pay the majority will pay! Enzo deserves to be recouped for his costs but the club needs do some thing as bills need to be paid and its OUR club so they are OUR bills. I've been on here a long time and these last few years become very very fond of this site and all its members. we always claim to be a family so time to club together and sort this once and for all. the concern is that we need to get it right first time. and potentialy charge a tad more than needed to bank for future rising costs. we should stay non profit but should cover our arses and re-emburse enzo. i can imagine the pasion fades after 8yrs of sacrifice and cost. a site that stemed from hobby can quickly become a burden and resentment. at the end of the day if enzo hadnt started this site we wouldnt be where we are now!

I don't mind making a £5 extra donation when paying for tickets. It's just someone stated we should pay extra when buying tickets so I thought I'd write that we already do. Oh that's odd. Te organiser dude said japfest just contacted them saying they can have japfest 2 tickets for £13 each. I dano. I don't mind paying extra as I said mate. I got so much info off here it's only fair I return it.

Its japfest 2 is where the price's are cheaper on early bird bookings,

japfest 1 is £15, and uksc has asked for £16 which i think is optional to donate to stand which is good,

Edited by Raffa_MK