This is my mate old 98 spec glanza and he managed to use a blitz FMIC with out cutting the front bumper to bits think he just trimmed a little bit each side of the bumper.

Not the best of pics but you can stil see it is possible

04052008101.jpg

Edited by micky boy
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mate thats the only pic i've got on my computer! :( And yes he still had A/C

Just found this one but still isnt realy that good lol

photo-23.jpg

Edited by micky boy

I like the wheels lol, but yeah it dont really show the ic lol.

Im thinking, if I go for an FMIC, I might cut out the bumper, smooth it, and do this:

262y7ps.png

in gloss black though, what do people think?

Just paint it all the same colour as your car just like iamlegend did ^

Also, FMIC ftw.

That would mean spraying the whole bumper and lip mate, which im a bit skint to do atm tbh, whereas i trust myself to spray the centre bit

my old loooooveeee..used a toyosports fmic BEST one for the starlet to me fitment and quality is amazing!

IMG_1012.jpg

that really looks like it fits well, did you cut any of the bumper off the back or does it sit flush against it ?

Rule of thumb is for every 1 degree the inlet temp drops you get an extra 1 bhp.

Like charl said its up to how you want your car to drive. Quick spool get a arc. For those who say just go front mount, try driving charls advance. Its a completely different animal with that arc. Nothing like the standard tmic.

Both have pro's and con's. Some cars in the states that are running silly quater miles don't even run a cooler of any type.

That's because they are running methanol with AFR's as rich as 3:1.

It's the inlet temps which bring on detonation, higher intake temps, detonation is more likely to occur. The cooler the charge the more timing advance you can add to the map.

It's the low compression of these engines which keep them "safe"

I would go with an fmic, you won't regret it and for the same price as an arc tmic, you then have the chance to plan for the future if you need to without having the hassle to sell and buy again.

The zisco one looks good with very little cutting.

Edited by AdamB

Iamlegend, yeah it looks good mate, how much was it?

Iddy, yeah that's probs my plan but there's that silver Glanza from Japan that new member

Posted, he's done it black and I actually like

It.

I'll proba go with black and then save for a bumper from you if we can do a

Deal for having it sprayed, I can also collect from you

fmic for sure..its a no brainer when you compare intake air temps! the problem with most kits on the market today is that the cooler is a little out of proportion (too big) for the ct9's...hence why most complain about lag/dulled throttle response. the wepr kit is appropriately sized and will cool up to 350bhp without sacrificing lag/response. our piping also takes the shortest route possible..also moderate size cooler means you don't have to cut the bumper (unless you want the cooler to be more visible). just FYI.

I say do it. I havent seen anyone here with it so go for something different for sure.

Cheers man, I'm really quite tempted now, a local lad with a white Evo has some form of aftermarket bumper with this done and it looks good tbh, we shall see though.

fmic for sure..its a no brainer when you compare intake air temps! the problem with most kits on the market today is that the cooler is a little out of proportion (too big) for the ct9's...hence why most complain about lag/dulled throttle response. the wepr kit is appropriately sized and will cool up to 350bhp without sacrificing lag/response. our piping also takes the shortest route possible..also moderate size cooler means you don't have to cut the bumper (unless you want the cooler to be more visible). just FYI.

Ah I see mate, cutting the bumper is growing on

Me now, you got any pics of your kit fitted please?

ive got a rx7 top mount intercooler but mounted it at the front of the car with the shortest route possible, so i have that same quick spool up and better cold air feed, best of both, so if you want you can get an arc top mount but mount it at the frount and bracket it up = winz :harhar:

i will try and get some pics of it this sunday as the pics on the phone are not a good angle and need better close up, might just do a quick video of it instead. also got the mesh guard on the intercooler to stop crap damaging it and increasing surface area for cooling.

• 2 weeks later...

Alex - I think its more about taste as well as performance.

TMIC will be fine on standard turbo I reckon and run quite happily and mean straight swap no cutting.

FMIC (performance aside) only look good in my opinion if they sit snug under the front bumper and being a man of symmetry i'd probably prefer it to look nice and smooth which would require some fibre glass and a respray. Iid then go for the stick on number plate in the middle of the bonnet (are these legal by the way?)

I'm still learning on the Starlets but I would have thought a 'slimeline' FMIC with custom hangers would probably still fit under the bumper without cutting but bow to the better knowledge of those that have done it

Mind you on my EVO the number plates on the side as standard and this bothers me!