MX5 mk2.5 with Mazdaspeed bits - Elsie

yea i quite like the back ones too, not too sure as to plans - would like some warm weather so i can get some of my parts in like the new amp and speakers, also maybe the electric dimming mirror and external temp display

power wise not too sure, air filters don't do much on n/a mx5s so i'll prob avoid that, but would like a set of competition bushes for the engine and tranny. If I can hunt one down to an autoexe/mazdaspeed/maxim works header would be a good shout.

She also needs a new set of rubber and may get the wheels re-done a dark graphite/anthracite colour to tie it all in together

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i quite like the back ones too, not too sure as to plans - would like some warm weather so i can get some of my parts in like the new amp and speakers, also maybe the electric dimming mirror and external temp display

power wise not too sure, air filters don't do much on n/a mx5s so i'll prob avoid that, but would like a set of competition bushes for the engine and tranny. If I can hunt one down to an autoexe/mazdaspeed/maxim works header would be a good shout.

She also needs a new set of rubber and may get the wheels re-done a dark graphite/anthracite colour to tie it all in together

Still have a nice set of RC-II's :drinks:

I would man, but i'm trying to be good...trying very hard - how's the new motor?

It's good man got some stock wheels for it as a tempory measure as i couldn't stand the cheap wheels it was on any longer. Have started to tidy a few things up on it just looking at a big order of bulbs to update the lighting on it.

• 1 month later...

Nothing too much to report, but a few lil' jobs done this weekend

K&N air filter fitted, old paper one was looking a lil tired

Painted the bronzey bolts that hold my grill in black so you can't see them

Fitted Mitsuba Alpha II horns

Fitted brand new rain rails for the side windows, really cleaned up the exterior

Got so much waiting to be done though:

HEL braided brake lines

HEL braided clutch line

Audio system and dynamat for doors

Interior mirror with auto dip and temp display

New tyres, anthracite respray for alloys

Fit lowering springs and new bumpstops

Uprate engine mounts

Uprate diff mounts

Least the weather has taken a turn for the better so may get a chance to get some done soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Few jobs left to do:

• Tein lowering springs
  • Interior mirror with auto dip and temp display
  • Track Dog Racing oil pressure kit

• DB Audio two channel amp

• Nakamichi 5.25" components for doors and tweeters with crossover

• Braided brake lines + 5.1 fluid

• Braided clutch lines + 5.1 fluid

• HEL braided brake lines

• HEL braided clutch line

• Fit lowering springs and new bumpstops

• Fit competition engine mounts

and some items still to be done/purchased:

• SuperPro diff void fillers
  • Toyo T1-R tyres (205/45 R16)
  • Refurb and spray alloys in anthracite

Hoping to get these done this weekend

• DB Audio two channel amp

• Nakamichi 5.25" components for doors and tweeters with crossover

May also try for the braided lines, still looking for a good aftermarket exhaust manifold too.

Didn't so too badly yesterday, got the interior mirror fitted, looks like this

B87E83BB-D0D4-43AC-90C5-A7BCCA24BAE3-448

Fantastic piece of kit and such easy fitment and instructions, really impressed with mazda. Also got the Ford spray washer jets done and washed the car.

Monday will attempt the sound system upgrade.

Got very little done today, got the speakers fitted in the door but the wiring has yet to be completed, shouldn't be too much of a job but was on a deadline today, hope to get the chance asap to have my tunes back!

So...

...Ordered

• Toyo T1-R tyres (205/45 R16)
  • Booked in for 13th May for wheel respray and refurb

Hoping to get these done this weekend

• Nakamichi 5.25" components for doors and tweeters with crossover ish - fitted speakers no wiring done though

Sport alloys are in the shop being sprayed a dark grey, so should be quite smart against the silver, the Toyo T1Rs are in the shop with them so will be good to roll once painted up

This weekend also managed to get the amp fitted and tucked away behind the panel in the boot, with all the wiring to the head unit and cabin done. Ran all the cabling for the crossovers in and all seems to be working ok, just haven't had a chance to connect the crossovers to the door speakers yet - the weather decided to end play early

• 3 weeks later...

Still go these bits to fit:

• Tein lowering springs
  • Track Dog Racing oil pressure kit
  • Braided brake lines + 5.1 fluid

• Braided clutch lines + 5.1 fluid
  • HEL braided brake lines

• HEL braided clutch line

• Fit lowering springs and new bumpstops

• Fit competition engine mounts

• Fit SuperPro diff void fillers

Still looking for a good aftermarket exhaust manifold too. Sound system is in but not without its problems, get the usual alternator whine and speakers pop when I turn the stereo on or off - sigh getting closer though. Also changed over to PIAA wiper blades had great success with those on the Starlet, hope they will be the same here.

Finally sorted the audio problems I had wired the remote from the amp to the ignition wire on the ISO connector, called an audio guy who just said connect it to the P.CONT wire (Blue/white) - all solved, sounds great now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fun day at a breakers yard today, they had a breaker MK2 RS, so we salvaged the smaller sideskirts and rear mudflaps, the floor mats, a full set of Bilsteins, adjustable strut brace and a set of 6 o'clock dials (in the for sale section). Also nabbed myself what I believe to be a Carbing (certainly Japanese) four point cage for £50!

IMG_2242_zps15acaf61.jpg

IMG_2243_zps16f0fe58.jpg

IMG_2245_zps508932c9.jpg

But that is not all...also under the carpet was a ring...which turns out is platinum (japanese symbol of pt1000 meaning 999.2g in every 1000g) also in side it has the ladies name Kaori and a blue stone, which could be a sapphire! and £2.80!

Have this friday off so I'm gonna try and get through a few jobs, namely the braided lines and painting bits (callipers, headlights)