The Cynos B Turbo...or Asshat as I like to call it

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate, from the looks of that underside, the entire car is going to rot away before you finish putting parts on it, you'll just end up with a big pile of nearly new stupidly overpriced goodies sat on your driveway, amongst a pile of rust and dust :)

when it becomes a priority, I'll let you know, and thanks

Rick, but I has thoughts it boxes in teh axulz...lawl. Meh, in won't have much of an effect in isolation, but I would reckon it'd help a bit in it's own way

undercar "bling" ftw

Anyway, after a 2 week absence, I come back to Oxford to find...

th_DSC00168.jpg

th_DSC00165.jpg

- 15" x 6.5" SSR Longchamps XR-4S Wheels (the dished wheels are a +7 offset!)

- Zep Racing Braided Clutch Hose

- 5E-FHE Camshafts

- Royal Purple Gear Oil (I actually bought this beforehand :))

Just awaiting for a couple of things to arrive - Zep Racing Floorbrace, TRD CV Joints, Tanabe 4 Point Lower Control Arm Brace... - and to buy a couple of things...hush hush for now ;). Hopefully will get my clutch plus all little supporting modifications like the clutch hose, CV Joints etc, swapped out next week :lol:

let me know how the clutch line swap goes, ive had one sat on my shelf looking at me for months and i havent fitted it yet. Seems like half my car spends more of its life in storage rather than on the car itself.

oh and im loving the longchamps, you gonna split them and give em a paint or just wack them on?

by the way im a proper name whore as well, laurel and hardy over there just dont understand :lol:

i think we should start a coalition for name whores

he also has a new intake manifold gasket that is currently pwning his face to pieces ^^/

also, 59, changing a clutch line takes about 5 mins. then you just bleed the lines and refill the clutch.

take you half an hour.

sweet cheers bud

um.

you fucking dick.

although, i'm not surprised. also, you wont notice anything without tyres on, they'll prob just look like they're jutting out quite happily. get tyres on, and then, well, it'll be shit.

meh - Well as is, they stick out by about 5mm...so they'll look a bit silly with the 8mm Spacers on too, as well as with Tyres...Chances are, they may need to go on the back wheels anyway, there's only about 5mm between the caliper and the face of the wheel, so I doubt they'd fit with the AE111 Calipers.

Seems to be a thing with me, always like to make things a lot more difficult for myself! :lol:

th_DSC00173.jpg

th_DSC00174.jpg

th_DSC00175.jpg

13mm is sod all really in comparison to the shit i see at some vw shows, get the your arches rolled a bit and you will be fine.

My brother and a few mates are heavily into vw's so making wide wheels fit i know about. I take it your putting the wider ones on the back? you might have to get some low profile tyres on there with a teeny bit of a stretch (nout stupid) and then as i say roll the arches but im pretty sure they will go on without too much trouble.

If it wasnt difficult then everyone would be doing it, besides they will look sex when your done.

oh it's not putting me off chap! I'd prefer the wider offset wheels upfront for the extra track to improve turn-in characteristics...thats if it can fit with the AE111 brakes in situ though. The dilemma of arch clearance shouldn't be an issue...I would hope, with my plans, but feel free to share more on the subject! The tyres I want to get unfortunately are a 195/50 R15 size!

Thanks by the way hun :lol:

phew, that's a tiny bit of a relief, thanks Rickypoos!

Now it's just getting them to fit that's the issue...And I can't find the tyres I want in the size I want which is gay...ideally I'd like a Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 in 205/45 R15 but alas, no such thing exists