My GT is spluttering/sounding like a Scooby :(

Posted in ignition section as I'm praying it isn't rings lol :(

Took it for a drive after warming it up and was driving fine under boost, low and full. Then after about 5 minutes it started making a noise kind of like launch control and a bit like a Subaru. It was very hesitant and wouldn't accelerate or pull hard. Pulled over and checked for smoke out the back, nothing? Revving from idle it shudders and is hesitant before revving normally half way up the rev range.

Please tell me it's something simple related to the ignition?

Car is running 1 bar on CT9

Mines ECU

Uprated plugs, leads

Exhaust, FMIC, the usual stuff

Thanks

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

did you take the dizzy off to check for water? probably some condensation in there from where its been stood, id pull the plugs aswell to check the condition of them :)

Nah I thought I'd ask on here to before I start taking things apart so I could check anything else at the same time too. Okay so for the dizzy is it the two small bolts to take it off the cap? Or the two bigger bolts that bolt to the engine?

Just pulled the leads out and some rusty water came up with lead 3 :lol:

Guessing that was the problem! Should I take the plug out, stick a cloth down there to dry it?

Should I put some vaseline around where the lead sits on the rocker to stop water getting in again?

Nice one guys I'll give it a shot tomorrow I was busy today

Is there any way to stop water from getting down last the leads at all? It'd be a bit of a pain if I need to replace the plug and it keeps happening :(

get your self some silicone grease and put some in the end of the lead that the plug goes on. that will stop the water getting to the lead to much. and you cound run a small bead of RTV round the plug hole and then push the leads on. once you get it running ok first

• 3 weeks later...