Broony's Silver Glanza V - New parts :D

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Did you grab the cutch from jamie? That used tto be my clutch, it's a complete animal, it'l make a rattle sound in neutral they all do, this never slipped once. I also had a cusco lsd again mental! You'll be amazed by them!

Did you grab the cutch from jamie? That used tto be my clutch, it's a complete animal, it'l make a rattle sound in neutral they all do, this never slipped once. I also had a cusco lsd again mental! You'll be amazed by them!

Yeah mate i did ordering new clutch disc friday :) i had a nismo copper mix in my 200sx and it was smazing so cant wait to see this as they are very similar :)

I meant to ask dude, how is the Nurspec?

Yeah mate sound awesome didnt hang right so got some new hangers welded on so now its where it should be :) It polished up a treat too mate thanks

• 2 months later...

FEW updates:

RS*R panhard rod fitted

null_zps34243e6f.jpg

Cusco diff fitted just need re sealing and two drive shaft seals.

null_zpsf4a5920a.jpg

null_zps58dd459b.jpg

Also bought a flare and rescue-man from Phil cheers bud:

null_zps9a5ed432.jpg

Also bought these bad boys:) :

20130701_180212_zpse441588d.jpg

And orc clutch disc turn up so thats to go in when the gearbox is swapped, if i remember i have a cusco fly wheel in there too which might be for sale if it is :)

null_zpsae30541e.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well bout time i updated this; might put a spec list up as its changed so much!!

New brakes fitted :

null_zps7968bb82.jpg

null_zps0aa250bb.jpg

Orc clutch with new clutch disc fitted:

null_zps09f67a04.jpg

Found this beaut which is for sale:

null_zpscfeffea6.jpg

Must say after fitting a new clutch and cusco diff it has transformed the car!! it's a pleasure to drive hard:)

Edited by Broony

You will love that clutch, mine was amazing and really easy to drive on.... Then there is the noise it makes lol I had so many people ask me what was wrong with my car ha ha ha

Yeah man its not too harsh but it grips so hard! took it to the shops today and the horrid looks was getting off grannies was priceless- Klonky diff and rattling clutch haha!!

Awesome build! not a fan of the spoiler tho dude.. oem looks so much better in my eyes :)

Thanks mate, took me a while to love the Jam spoiler but its on now haha

that clutch should have come with a fly wheel, perhaps he kept it, when I had it it came with it's own lightweight fly

It does mate the orc flywheel is the same weight as the cusco light weight i found already on the car :)

Awesome diff, but they shouldnt clonk lol. get some decent gearbox oil / diff oil in there and itll go away.

i do have good diff oil in cost me a fortune haha,

Bough this stuff after reading the cusco pdf for the diff and what was recommended to me by opie oils

89700.jpg

i read up on the cusco diff and they have a habbit of being noisy due to them being the clutch plate type, either way I'm happy with its performance :)

Edited by Broony

i do have good diff oil in cost me a fortune haha,

Bough this stuff after reading the cusco pdf for the diff and what was recommended to me by opie oils

89700.jpg

i read up on the cusco diff and they have a habbit of being noisy due to them being the clutch plate type, either way I'm happy with its performance :)

Is that in there now then? My mate had a cusco with the same issue, and after some of that went in it was fine. thats what i was going to recommend.

Awesome diff, but they shouldnt clonk lol. get some decent gearbox oil / diff oil in there and itll go away.

This is not the case, cusco's are renowned for the aggressive clunking. You can tone it down but you won't eradicate it completely. I had this exact set up, infact thats my old clutch and I had the exact same LSD. The LSD clunked sharp turns 30mph or less (roughly) and the clutch rattled like a rattle snake (Sounded similar to a skeleton wanking in a dust bin)

Did you have it from new? But thats not true, they wont make noise if run in correctly, and always used with the right oil. Ive fitted a couple that you cant hear atal.

Cusco's/TRD's/Kaaz i believe are all made by the same people, so its not as tho the cusco's are the only ones that would technically do it also.