Prada? im not so sure

hello all

i have yoko Prada's on the front but in any sight of rain the wheels will just spin. i want to replace all four and dont know what to go for. i like what i have when its dry but we live in england and thats not often lol. im not to fussed on price as 195/50/15 all seem cheap. ive run uniroyal rainsport 2's on a different car and i liked them but not sure what theyll be like on a starlet.

what do you all run for all year driving.

I was on spec2's and as you said they were horrific in the slightest of wet conditions so they were sold, now I'm running toyo proxes4's and there going pretty well to be honest

On a side note do you have an lsd? I found it helps loads with traction in general not just cornering grip

It is the first big mod i want. the car trams all over the place when i boot it. is this normal on a non lsd box? my last glanza was fine but it did have the optional extra lsd

It is the first big mod i want. the car trams all over the place when i boot it. is this normal on a non lsd box? my last glanza was fine but it did have the optional extra lsd

I've found my cars got worse for tram lining since fitting my lsd box, i was going to get the geo setup and see if that helps, as far as tyres go, I've had toyo t1rs and on a low powered car there fair dry or wet until they wear down obvs now have yoko ad08's and these are superb in the dry and pretty desent in the wet but only if you can keep them warm which is quite hard lol

i have thought about the AD08's they look hardcore, again worried about wet performance. i think when i get my second set of wheels ill have them or r888 on one set and a good all round tyre for the others (thats the one i want to buy now lol)

Id go for the rain sports then i think, i havnt tryed them personally but a few people on here rate them, the other option is the likes of a goodyear aysemetric 2 or bridgestone potenza of some description, which should have good alround road holding, as for track ad08's are £75-80 a corner r888's which are more track biased are £110 + which are on par with the yoko AO08 track tires for a similar price ;)

I run Goodyear eagle f1s and to be honest they hardly ever spin up even in the wet. They grip as well in the wet as they do in the dry.

Ill be changing to Advan Neova AD08 when i next need a set though.

x2 i also have run bridgestone turanza er300 and taught they were a great tire! i think every tyre will spin in the wet tho

x3, had paradas till realised how pants they were in the rain. Changed to toyos, brilliant stuff

In my expierence of these tyres on my N/A And Glanza is this

Rainsport 2s>T1rs>>>>>>>Paradas.

Rainsports are epic in every situation, especially backroads, t1rs are okay but shite in the wet and crap when lowish on tread, paradas are good in the dry on smooth clean roads and thats it, shite at everything else. Dangerous in the wet. Wont go near them with a bargepole ever again!!

Can't Rate Uniroyal Rainsports enough. in 195/50/15 there only like £40 per tyre which is so cheap. if you're car is only going to be a road car just get these. R888, A048's are pointless on the normal, day to day road. you wont get the full use of of them so just save you money. I have some AD08 neovas. there awesome but would only recommend having those on summer wheels. as wet grip is quite poor.

Same boat, had parada's but they are scary in the wet, got some ad08's for a trackday, thankfully it stayed dry and i couldnt fault them, still using them on the road but not had a chance to see how they go in the wet. If I end up keeping these tyres for track I'd be trying the rainsports or the hankook ventus v12 evo, anyone tried the hankooks?

Edited by Fro
  • 4 months later...

How about Falken ZE912's?.....i have Parada spec'2 on my glanza V & yes, you do have to be steady in the wet!!...& this is the problem with these tyres!...it rains often here & we don't have super dry/hot sunny days...so the yoko's are a waste of money...there not a cold weather tyre.

The Uniroyals are superb in the wet...you can push the car & they just don't let go...

I may be changing my wheels soon & will go for either Falken's or Uni's....i think some folks are label whores / tread pattern fetishists!! lol :p

We got to be realistic what works best with the glanza...