My GT: Project ended :/

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

more motherfucking set backs!! im telling you this car is gunna end up upside down, in a field on fire before long!

mot failed

exhaust to loud with no backbox

cv gaiter

discs all round

pads all round

wheel bearings all round

if any one has an exhaust they want to give me feel free

car is up for sale for £1300.

not taking any less, if some one comes up with the money before i get a chance/money to fix it then its going. if not ill fix it and keep it

ryan

this has always been shagged! wish i still had the mx5!!

the old one was fine until i fucked around with it to much, even then i fixed it

then i ripped the sideskirt off on a ramp a week after putting it back on the road which pushed me over the edge haha

Basic maintenance tbh, a quick jack up and look around the car would have highlighted all the issues before you went in for the MOT

Throwing the towel in over a couple of hours work and some money

its not a couple hours work and some money, its a massive inconvenience and alot of money to me

ordered pads, gunna order discs and bearings monday.

also some saint has messaged me on fb and said he doesnt care how loud it is he'll give me an mot if i sort the other issues

just need to take it off the road for a week or 2, get saving and get it done. its still being sold come summer unless i can find a garage to keep it in

Everything paid for :) cannot thank that boy enough :D just needing that fanimold machined flat and a light up fog light switch and its good to go. Ill refit the old manifold back on now for mot so it's not blowing but all in all everything is going to be done by hopefully Friday :)

heading back in the right direction now starting with this fanimold of mine!

it was blowing its twat off

mani_zps8ee9aff1.jpg

you can see 1-4 where it has been blowing, so i took it into the engineering block at college to check its flatness, results were shocking but they managed to fix it for me for free :)

the had to skim it back 1.5mm to flatten the flange :/ but heres the result

mani2_zpsf1e4e71c.jpg

also pads arrived from idrees today, but i cant get them fitted until i finish my nightmare work shift!