My GT: Project ended :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got the mani home and cleaned up a treat. grinded back the poor welds, re-welded it, and painted it. see below ;)

and the manifold i bought before, poor welds, few cracks

fanimold.jpg

fanimold2.jpg

made a hole grinding back shitty welds :/ oops

fanimolddd4_zps54df1691.jpg

after. much stronger welds, no cracks and painted with black fire grate paint to keep rust away

fanimolddd_zps8501cf3e.jpg

fanimolddd2_zps8569a815.jpg

and no hole

fanimolddd3_zpsb2a6c5d5.jpg

ryan

right, set about making this car mine now so ive removed the thing that defines it most, that i never did :) the roof vinyl!

foof_zpsec993546.jpg

foof2_zps95885ea0.jpg

and a quick one of the beading after it rained :p

foof3_zps2969f1d9.jpg

hopefully going up james tomorrow to get the compound and polisher on it to get rid of the stubborn glue and residue and get it all one color again so it doesnt have a ghosted rising sun on the roof as cool as it would probably look lol

yeah definitely! either the valve stem seals or turbo have gone by the way forgot to mention that but its smoking its tits off

my brother offered to buy me a fmic or buy paint for my front end

i opted for paint so i can get it looking nice

ill concentrate on power when its not fucked :)

Coming along bro.

cheers broheim!

Looking good dude :)

cheers bud :)

fully machine polished the car today, but im currently waiting on my new phone to come to take pics because my BB will no longer let me do anything on it :/

it looks swish as fuck, just needs bonnet and bumper and all the bottom trim sprayed now which should definitely be done in time for japfest :D

ryan

i did even clay the 1 wing, got bored and just blasted it with the DA haha.

i did mention above why there are no pics. im waiting for my piephone to show up because the bb camera is shit (i did take pics, but cant upload them to anywhere because my phone isnt working until i register my number onto my new phone lol)

right good news and bad news :/

good news is, the cylinder leak of test results came back and i was very pleased with them 96% 94% 91% and 93% on the cylinders so its not the rings or ringlands causing the oil to be burnt

bad news, it is now most definitely my valve stem seals that are causing the oil burning :/ so i need to get a head gasket and some new valve stem seals and get that sorted asap

it just means that now the painting of bumper and bonnet need to go on hold again :/

yeah definitely! need to strip my old already skimmed head off of the last engine i blew up (ringlands) after 50 miles or so haha.

so gunna strip it down, put new valve stem seals into it, may take a grinding stone to the ports to take the rough edging off of the casting thats not been finished up. not gunna open them up and re-shape them, just smooth the rough casting off. re-seat the valves.

and then bang that onto my engine over the course of two 3 hours sessions at college :)