Monty's Glanza. New shoes :D 09/09/13

can you explain more about the bonnet being "reskinned"

Did you remove the entire top cover or just put another layer of carbon onto it?

I repaired the cracks an primed it. Then got a fella to apply carbon an 2 coats of clear resin. Now im sanding it for lacquer. The materials where expensive thats why I got another man to skin it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I repaired the cracks an primed it. Then got a fella to apply carbon an 2 coats of clear resin. Now im sanding it for lacquer. The materials where expensive thats why I got another man to skin it.

Nice idea :)

John

The back of the bonnet was in bad shape so needed painted. Thought id be different lol20130426_143917_zpse93fdd44.jpgNot perfect but for all the time the bonnets up it'll do :)

Ahh I've been thinking about doing this, looks awesome

cheers lads. work away on stealing the idea i stole it myself haha..

gonna fit this splitter soon as my adjustable tie arms came :D

http://s451.photobucket.com/user/killonty/media/20130228_201930_zpsf0367d49.jpg.html'>20130228_201930_zpsf0367d49.jpg

also ordered 98 fogs, lightened flywheel and exedy 3 puk clutch from browner so will get pics when i'm fitting :D

Under the bonnet looks cool mate been considering something like that for a while!

Did you get the idea from a ek civic?? With blue wheels.

Yeah came across it on google then it pops up at Mimms show I think.

Clutch give way the night had to jam her into 3rd an nurse home. Hope I havent done to much harm :(

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice bro, are you going to keep the Varis bonnet black? If I were you I would have it white, nonetheless everyone to their own. Good updates by the way :).