--maddox710-- Forged vf24 Build Thread

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of you may have seen this on instagram but i thought i may aswell stick it on here too. this was after a good clean/tidy up under the hood

since then i have fitted jezzas bonnet gas strut set. and booked into dean@rwdevelopments for a full 3" exhaust on the 22nd of may

so keep your eye out for some more great work from dean

295wphw.jpg

and a new home for my gauges. I've gone against having pods ontop of the dash, as i thought it makes it look abit messy and could atract the wrong attention

bdmq9l.jpg

hopefully once its back from deans i can get it road worthy and then try and book in for a map somewhere and have it all ready for japfest 2 as i want to finally get on the stand this year

c+c welcome

• 2 weeks later...

been busy this week after work trying to get the glanza ready for it too go away to deans to have him fabricate much needed bits.

had the bonnet off for its first clean of its life by the looks of it

:Before

14bj9qq.jpg

:After

6xuux3.jpg

doesnt look that much cleaner in the picture but is,just need a quick rub down

then on the 22nd i had a day off work to get the rest of the car ready for it to be transported over the rw developments

for dean to do his magic.

i started early to get loads of the annoying jobs out the way.

managed to get a couple of bits heat protected. didnt manage to get any pictures, but just the main bits close to the downpipe etc like rad hoses

oil hoses.

new anti roll bar links went on (bastard job)

managed to get the front bumper back on

a general tidy up and a quick wash(first in many months)

its still very rough round the edges atm too me anyway, finding it really hard to get time on it atm, but here it is

it looks soo sorry for itself :( just got the bumper on

357fx1z.jpg

and after its wash :)

2mo5qwj.jpg

then it was all ready for it too be loaded in a friends van lol

2u4r9cx.jpg

aazonq.jpg

it went in a treat, and after a short drive got to deans.

hopefully should have it back quite soon and then can get it all ready too get it road legal

and then map it up :)

• 2 weeks later...

you running a air filter on turbo??

I noticed in last pics, turbo kit changed again? so not running the screamer out of bonnet?

I will be Jay Yeah eventually, it's the same kit just have the normal pipe just stuck shooting at the floor I need a bit more time and fiddling to get the bonnet exit in

good work dude..ive got my new turbo, jut making few bits for it to look nice n the bay.. as I don't mesh turbos(old I know),lol..

awesome!what turbo you gone for in the end? take it the old td05 was shagged lol ?

Very nice build fella keep up the good work

cheers buddy

The old td05 was leaking oil into exhaust housing on full boost..

Cruising just leaked a little. So got white smoke out of exhaust.

Ive got a 18g hybrid from dan who was selling.

Turbo is huge compared to a stock 16g.

I update my thread once fitted next wk.

The old td05 was leaking oil into exhaust housing on full boost..

Cruising just leaked a little. So got white smoke out of exhaust.

Ive got a 18g hybrid from dan who was selling.

Turbo is huge compared to a stock 16g.

I update my thread once fitted next wk.

Just read your thread dude, epic plans will be interesting to see how it spools and pulls

Going to pick the Glanza back up from deans in a min very exited to say the least

• 1 month later...

Update:

Long overdue, i have no pics too show you at the moment but since i last updated I've had the car down dean(rw developments) and had a full 3" exhaust and had my hdi core modified to a back door setup on the hotside. Cant be happier with deans work, its spot on every bit of its made perfectly.

The car has finally got a mot on it now thank god! And map has now been booked up at tuning developments.

Had a pair of r888's put on my rays for the front.

Not really much else to update on, just a couple of minor bits too address before the map.

Il get some pictures up of the work asap for yall

Not the best time update but shes now ready.

After a full service and sorting everything out ready for big drive to tuning developments tomorrow for its map i hope everything goes to plan

Managed to heat proof more bits like oil feed line for the turbo and radiator top hose which was bitch to shape.

Got an airfilter on for the drive up there not soo much the dyno session it will come off for that

Oil catch can on which isnt in the picture sorted the oil pressure gauge out. Thanks to my bro helped me out with alot of the wireing on this car.

Loads of other things i forgot to take pictures of like backdoor cooler and 3" exhaust by dean@rw developments.

I will get a better update up tomorrow of the power and that

2802x38.jpg

This is how it stands atm

6fmmp4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just added up loads of receipts up just totalling £9,919 eeeek

Big update coming in a couple of weeks

Jesus bet that made you think about why you have done it lol

Looking forward to this update, as said to you the other day I've been waiting for it

Jesus bet that made you think about why you have done it lol

Looking forward to this update, as said to you the other day I've been waiting for it

I know there's been moments

Well basically last time I went up to TD a list long as my arm went wrong, should be all good now.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Finally got it mapped at tuning developments after the first mess from last time I went up there. today went fairly smoothly.

The end result was 297 bhp @1.5bar which wasn't the figures really wanted, but whilst pushing the car on the Dyno the valve springs showed signs of bounce near the Rev limit. Adding more boost made it worse.

But at least I've got her back an I can drive it properly now. Refreshing a spare head is in order next but that can wait. I'm just going to enjoy it for abit now

I would definitely recommend Mike and nick, they are great chaps and offer heaps of advice. Made my time there a pleasure.

Also there new premises needs to be checked out its bloody huge

Update:

Finally got it mapped at tuning developments after the first mess from last time I went up there. today went fairly smoothly.

The end result was 297 bhp @1.5bar which wasn't the figures really wanted, but whilst pushing the car on the Dyno the valve springs showed signs of bounce near the Rev limit. Adding more boost made it worse.

But at least I've got her back an I can drive it properly now. Refreshing a spare head is in order next but that can wait. I'm just going to enjoy it for abit now

I would definitely recommend Mike and nick, they are great chaps and offer heaps of advice. Made my time there a pleasure.

Also there new premises needs to be checked out its bloody huge

Nice power mate more is just greedy lol glad to see she's mapped and running sweet again