Share your favourite healthy meals!

Hi guys

We have an existing thread for gym discussion, and I'm interested in what healthy food you guys like to eat.

I don't mean state the obvious and say you like proteins such as egg and fish. Tell us all in detail, an example from me is boiled veg with grilled cod fish and mashed potato. Topped with a bit of extra light salad cream or mayo, and a bit of chilli sauce and ketchup. I love sauces but I know they can contain a lot of calories so I always buy extra light and don't go over the top with them like I used to (trying to shred up a bit).

I also love fish finger sandwiches, grilled fingers in whole meal bread with ketchup. Not the most amazing heathy meal but it replaces unhealthy burgers nicely.

Ps. No thread crapping please! :D

Ive started a diet 3 days ago! So this will help me alot.! One thing I will say. For a treat you CAN have dark chocolate (a piece or two) dark chocolate doesn't have many calories and contains antioxidants and prevents cancers!! It's actually amazing!

Plain roast chicken covered in chili powder with brown rice and green beans. OM NOM NOM.

Also digging Salmon fillets with salad recently.

As mentioned above too, Cod in parsley sauce with new potatoes and veg is awesome!

Or just a fruit salad?

If you're feeling fancy, tiger prawns cooked in olive oil with parsley, a bit of garlic, some finely chopped chili, a little chicken stock and a splash of white wine served with spaghetti is a bit like 4 super amazingly hot lesbians having multiple orgasms in your mouth... Takes about 15 minutes to cook. Good for impressing the other half too ;)

soup,lots of veg and selections of meat in them.gotta b the best.as veg should be eaten 1st as its easier to digest,meaning its all gone before the meat gets in there to sizzle away in the stomach.little and often.i start my day with a all fruit smoothie(1 pint) and soetimes a bowl of whole grain cereal(bran flakes,shredded wheat etc)KELLOGS even.1 fist size piece of meat is correct for each person,dont eat as much red as it takes a long long time for your colon to get rid of red meat(so it causes slower digestion as there is blockage)brown rice,pastas etc.for mscle gain use low GI foods.mainly foods that make you feel full for longer so you doont snack.nuts are high in protein so i eat tracker bar if i fancy a treat.I've done loads of research into alot of this and i was 19 sone at 1 point and honest to god i got tonsilitus and was on soups and not wanting to snack.within 3 months i shit you not i was 14 stone 9.i got stuck there,then when i started to eat again im at 16 and been there for over 9 months

You don't need to go too crazy with what sort of foods you eat as long as you feed your body what it needs and not more

My favourite post gym meal is chicken breast (2 pieces) cooked on a George Foreman grille with a baked potato and half a plate of salad. Enough carbs to replenish glycogen stores and protein to repair muscle.

I'm not a big fan of boiled veg at all so I just avoid any take out and junk as I gain weight very easily :lol:

Tuna and cucumber or sweetcorn mixed with extra light mayonnaise in a pitta wrap (replaces starchy bread) if you eat alot of bread, Ive started having wraps with everything lol

Also freshly made tomato sauce made with real tomatoes mixed in with 2 chicken breasts and lots of fresh pasta, usually does me dinner then lunch aswell :D

Some of our favs;

Mexican bean burger (Veggie but so nice and a bit spicy) with Salad and feta cheese bit of tomato sauce for the burger so good! If you want it to be a bit more filling sometimes have it with brown bread no butter

Chicken Breast, mixed vegetables and rice ( obvious one )

Bubble and Squeek! Mash mixed with cabbage / carrots / swede / brocolli basically left overs from sunday dinner so any veg goes well. fry it in a non stick pan with no oil till it starts to go crispy you can form into cakes to make it easier or just mix it together and throw it in. we share a tin of small beans and have bacon with no fat some times have a runny egg with it to

Does anyone meal plan? Trying to sort out my eating so that I can shop properly and stop throwing away food

Yeah, I do just so that I don't have to get home from work and start looking in cupboards and thinking of something to make. Also mean that you don't overspend at the supermarket!

Zeo I'll be trying some of what you mention. The bean burger sounds nice, I've never made them at home.

I did plan meals (sort of) while I lived away in Birmingham for Uni, but not at home. Do send me the template though please :) admin@id-workz.co.uk

For those wanting a nice healthy sandwich filling, I have just opened 2 tins of tuna, added black pepper and squeezed a full lime over it all then put in the fridge in a plastic tub. The lime adds an awesome tangyness to it and that should last me a couple of days of sandwiches (on granary bread with rocket)

for a lunchtime sandwhich when I've got all the ingredients i like to throw together 2 slices wholemeal, crispy lettuce, mature cheddar, red onion, tomato, honey roast ham and a dash of raggae sauce and after that im close to spunkin lol awesome sandwich!

my favourite dish for dinner (thats not a pizza) i slice open 2 chicken fillets and open like a book, grate mature cheddar or mozerella, stuff with diced onion and diced peppers, sprinkle with cajun powder then close over, on top another little bit of cheese then bang in the oven for half an hour @ 180 and serve with salad and boiled potatoes or pasta!

enjoy guys.

im happy to put a pic up if your curious to how it should look as i made it myself :-)

i'v not made the bean burgers at home probably should but lost my food processor to my old house mate :( - Asda do some good ones in nacho crumb only take 25 mins easy when youve got in from the gym abit late

Will have to try that Tuna and lime thing for sandwiches!

Stuffed Chicken and wedges - Cut the chicken open flat put a strip of light philly with herbs and roll it back up, wrap bacon around it with fat taken off. Clean a few potatos and cut into wedges with skin on put in a bowl and put Cracked pepper, Salt and Smoked paprika in (how ever much you want really) mix them all about a bit through on a light oiled tray (i use fry light) cook them both for 30 - 40 minutes