★ ★ ★My TD04'D V ★ ★ ★

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh unfortunately need to sort this house business once that's sorted i may buy/build a forged engine there's so many things i want to do once sorted plus i'd like a civic SiR again as a track car so gotta weigh all these situations up

• 2 weeks later...

nice to see how the old car is coming along dude.... seriously missing it and thinking about chopping in the dc2 for another :)

haha cheers mate always miss the boost.

I maybe selling up soon anyway i want a bmw now

• 2 months later...

Havent updated this for ages as not alot has gone on other than my car going downhill...

Firstly crank seal is leaking badly , Front wheel bearing is grinding , and my the bolt that goes from wishbone to chassis won't undo and when tightening it, it just spins and when pulling off get a horrible knock noise which is driving me mad and to top it off my front mount brackets underneath have both cracked along the weld so when the engine is ticking over it is making a horrible vibrating noise and a squeal which is doing my head in.......

So other than that its good lol bit of a rant but hopefully in the next month all will be sorted always happens when the weather starts getting shitty!!!!!

so here's my list

Full Service

Get Tracking Done

Crank Seal Fix

Replace Cambelt

Replace Alternator Belt

Weld FMIC

Replace Both Wheel Bearings

Replace Discs Front & Rear

Cut & Weld New Nut In Chassis For Wishbone

Replace TRE

Replace Ball Joints

Remove Manifold [Paint Block]

Heatwrap Exhaust

Cleanup Turbo

Replace Gaskets

Clean Engine Bay

Big list but should be worth it in the end and car should be like new here's a quick pic i edited from JAE

10315415826_8abff2be4f_b.jpg

Edited by Spoon_tuned

I had the same problem with the wishbone bolt, turned out to be the threads on the bolt were ruined and wouldn't unscrew enough.

I cut the bolt to the inside edge of the wishbone then a small dremel to get the remaining out the bolt hole then a new bolt wentin no pproblem at all

I had the same problem with the wishbone bolt, turned out to be the threads on the bolt were ruined and wouldn't unscrew enough.

I cut the bolt to the inside edge of the wishbone then a small dremel to get the remaining out the bolt hole then a new bolt wentin no pproblem at all

Yeh i plan to do the same but im gunna grind a hole in the chasis leg to get the nut out thats welded in and replace with a stainless steel bolt so hopefully it won't happen again.

You ain't got time to build yours we need to do mine :p oh yeah I need your turbo too lol

Yeh but i gta fix mine to get to your house lol

If you need any help this weekend I'm free for a change

Cheers for the offer mate but i'm not touching it til the end of the month man. Gta buy few parts and garage is having it for a few days £80 for cambelt and crank seal change is a bargain for me better than the head ache

cars looking amazing mate ! but cant help but keep looking at the ef and eg's :p starlets coming along nicely and looks super clean ! enjoyed the read through this !

Aha thanks man yeh there is some real nice eg's and ef's but some are heaps!

Miss my ef9 loads but i need to sort my glanza out first maybe breathe some life back into it...

I do enjoy it when its all running smoothly..

Thanks for the good comments though man