★ ★ ★My TD04'D V ★ ★ ★

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok weather finally got a bit better so today i got round to fitting my OMP deep dish from off my EF9 even the horn works hahaha car feels so much better to drive now so glad i fitted it after agaes of waiting plus my power steering belt was'nt tight as the tensioner bolt was bent somehow so i hack sawed it off and replaced it with a genuine bolt from toyota

Enjoy!

IMG_6913_zpsd882aca6.jpg

IMG_6921_zps3d15e19b.jpg

New one fitted

IMG_6933_zps633572aa.jpg

IMG_6936_zpsf089c3ea.jpg

IMG_6942_zpsf9c2fa61.jpg

Might sound stupid but I've got a omp wheel coming through in the post how do I go about taking the old one off it's got a air bag and stuff? What screws do I take off and stuff to remove it?

Undo the two torque screw on the side of the steering wheel to remove the airbag, then inside is a big 19mm bolt, put the steering lock on and crack the 19mm bolt off all the way then wiggle the old steering wheel off. Done.

Looks sick man good job!

Undo the two torque screw on the side of the steering wheel to remove the airbag, then inside is a big 19mm bolt, put the steering lock on and crack the 19mm bolt off all the way then wiggle the old steering wheel off. Done.

Looks sick man good job!

As rob said its pretty simple mate tbh add an extra wire to the horn earth it to the alan key bolts on the steering wheel. Job done!!

As for the airbag light mines not on as the previous owner must of had an after market steering wheel on before and had the light took of or removed the bulb.

Cheers rob just about to polish it!!

Right Update Time ***************************

So glad the weather has been picking up i can actually get stuff done. Not many new parts on my car as people like but my car has most the stuff on it i need right now i just like maintaining and cleaning up my car to get it mint step by step!! :)

So today i wanted to give the car a real good clean as i havent had the chance too since i've owned it and i like to strip the interior and clean the shit out of it like ive done with all my cars it's like putting my stamp on it so it actually feels like it's mine...if that makes sense.

Sun was shining but didnt start til like 12 but still made good progress today started off with taking out the seats & the mats then stripping some of the plastics. It was all dusty and horrible years of shit had to be got rid of! I found the Ecu where the shifter cables run not to keen on it being there i'd like to tidy it up a little bit more maybe re wire it into the glove box to neaten things up but i will get cracking on that another day.

Anyway i found some carpet cleaner stuff and sprayed all my carpet and mats with it then just hoovered it off car smells so fresh now feels like a new car and all i've done is cleaned it...Cleaned all the plastics up from all the dirt and crap and all the dials and buttons and sliders all free of dust and dirt which i'm happy about even though the plastics are abit scratched i might get some spray in the summer and spray them with black interior spray..

Once all the inside was done i polished the outside and cleaned the bay but i didnt get any pictures of that as battery ran out on my camera..but it does look clean after months of shit & snow all over it i have jet washed it but not thoroughly cleaned it with polish & stuff even got the tyre shine out on the the tyres!!

Real happy with the car atm lots more to do like with the engine bay and cleaning up the turbo and the block etc etc but i will get that sorted in the next few months and in past its MOT last week which i'm pleased about...

To Get List:

Greddy EBC

Braided Brake Lines

Rear Arb

Service Parts

New Seats

TD04 Gaskets

Anyway Enough Chattin Rubbish Heres Some Pictures!!!

IMG_6968_zpscc411724.jpg

IMG_6974_zps124630ba.jpg

IMG_6984_zps5a971016.jpg

IMG_6981_zps14f80838.jpg

IMG_6943_zps2c194d11.jpg

IMG_6949_zpsd16a769d.jpg

IMG_6965_zps2e432b17.jpg

IMG_6961_zps2fb3e623.jpg

IMG_6953_zps4a6340c2.jpg

IMG_6976_zps40765f42.jpg

IMG_6966_zpse984bc4d.jpg

Much Better