★ ★ ★My TD04'D V ★ ★ ★

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update ****************

Right so yesterday the weather was good so i started cracking i wanted to adjust the suspension all round adjust the spring rate as it was very stiff so managed to get the rear strut brace off and get the rear suspension off which didnt take 10 minutes. i wanted to strip the coilovers right down and give them a real good clean but i didnt have time as the postman came to bring me my cv joints that i ordered from Tuning Developments ordered friday here monday morning what great service cheers MIKE :)

I had to get my cv joints done as they were knocking really bad so i cracked on with them managed to get one side off no issues but could'nt get the driveshaft out of the other side so i changed the cv joint with the driveshaft still in :) after i sorted that i adjusted the front suspension and it's so much better than before still got alot more stuff to do but all in good time here's some pictures enjoy :)

IMG_6389_zps8f6f3a1a.jpg

IMG_6391_zps53e66706.jpg

IMG_6396_zps3cd221ef.jpg

IMG_6401_zps434190b2.jpg

IMG_6409_zps84198898.jpg

IMG_6418_zps89e22230.jpg

IMG_6410_zps26d7bce7.jpg

Edited by Spoon_tuned

Another Update *********************

Another nice day today so got cracking didnt really do to much just removed the bumper and cleaned underneath a little bit and polished the intercooler ran into a few problems like the plastic inner arches wrecked the clips so had to use a few zip ties & cut the under arch in half but i did underseal the parts that will be exposed to the weather..

IMG_655432_zpsd6af02c4.jpg

IMG_6451_zps523277c1.jpg

IMG_6464_zps6676efcd.jpg

IMG_6505_zpse49e8e66.jpg

IMG_6431_zps949cd254.jpg

IMG_6427_zps52854c9a.jpg

Looking really good bud, Respect for the way your going about this, sorting every little issue this is how everyone should go about things! One thing though, get some axle stands! :D

thanks mate yeh its a slow process. still alot i want to do. and i have some but there really big and its really hard to fit them underneath lol

i didnt get underneath the car anyway just made it easier to undo the clips.

Love the work your putting into it mate! Like the picture threw the bushes with no bumper and the bonnet up! Enter that into POTM?

thanks alot mate appreciate it. Ive always put alot of effort into any car ive owned step by step. Watch this space lol. Yeh i may do the potm ;)

Love the look of the Prosport gauges I have that boost one but i'm changing it as its a solid white one and dose my head in at night :( car is looking good bud keep up the good work :D

thanks dude yeh man i love the gauge. think i gotta order ball joints and track rod ends next as there is still a horrible creeking noise coming from somewhere

• 2 weeks later...

Not alot going on recently as the weather has been bad again. still having a few issues with a creeking noise and a slight knock on the front left hand side so when the money in the bank i'm going to get the following

Ball Joints

Track Rod Ends

hopefully it might be one of these could be something else unsure atm the arb bushes are fine as there near new so don't think it will be them.plus my power steering belt has started squeeling when cold which the previous owner gave me a new original bolt to replace it as it was bent.

I'll post a few more pictures up and a video very soon

here's one i found a few weeks ago enjoy :)

IMG_6484_zps27e41630.jpg

If i hadve known that civic was for sale id have flew over from Ireland and bought it off you in minutes Aidan, that was an absolute smasher! A pain it is to say but it would have swung me off the GT i think lol :p what was the spec?

The V is a cracking motor too man very tidy and neat espec under the bonnet :) I was scrolling down thinking whats with everyone saying change the wheels it looks awesome but the new ones suit better dude good choice ;)

I see leeroy very generously left the wrist band on the oil cap hahaha! legend.

looking good man, love the progress :D.

haha yeh he did lol. Wish this weather would change though loads to do plus m.o.t up febuary and i wanna put my omp deep dish on. ;)

If i hadve known that civic was for sale id have flew over from Ireland and bought it off you in minutes Aidan, that was an absolute smasher! A pain it is to say but it would have swung me off the GT i think lol :p what was the spec?

The V is a cracking motor too man very tidy and neat espec under the bonnet :) I was scrolling down thinking whats with everyone saying change the wheels it looks awesome but the new ones suit better dude good choice ;)

Thanks mate your making me miss it more. Lol i really loved that car but just always wanted a starlet with 200+ bhp wish i had the money too keep both. Im movin to a house this year from my apartment so will have a drive and maybe a garage so i will buy another because ill have somewhere to keep it ;)

you ever put your wheels up for sale, giv me a shout mate

Will do

My old wheels are looking rather good on there dude !

thanks man yeh they suit it dont they. Just need a refurb really