Should i come back and give up the Type-R?

If you don't crash, you're not trying hard enough. You're all pusses.

As Much as i love starlets. i think i'd rather have vtec. Either an EK9 or DC5 for me. I've driven and been in many turbo cars before but i much prefer high revving N/A engines. Best car i have even driven is a DC5. I want one so bad.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant turbo a Vtec, but you can't Vtec a turbo. You know it makes sense.

I think you was meant to say

You can't Vtec a turbo but you can turbo a Vtec

Hahahaha

Don't get me wrong Vtec turbos are cool a mate of mine got a 320bhp integra turbo and f**k me it flys and sounds the nuts but I will still pick my Glanza over the integra

These kinda threads make for a funny read haha.

Answering the original question, ep3s are far too common i think, yes they can make for good cars in the right hands but they are extortionate to seriously mod them, ie turbo, supercharge or high bhp N/A are mega money. And a car isnt worth having if its standard imo.

So i reckon you should atleast take a road test in a glanza if thats what you wanna go for. Obviously they are getting quite old now and a lot have been owned by knobs in the past who dont know how to look after a car correctly, which often means that the health of the engine and gearbox etc are not at their best. So you need to be careful when buying one, there is a buyers guide on here somewhere that you should check out to help you spot any bad examples.

Best of luck buddy.

My last car was a uk spec DC2. I didn't get on with the whole vtec system to be honest. It was all or nothing. The car handled amazingly well and had no dramas putting the power down. But I just found it all a little... Boring.

I don't drive my car to set times or anything I used it as a fast road daily. Fair play it covered ground quickly enough but it all got a little tedious.

If I was building a dedicated track car the DC2 would be high up onto shopping list along with another Levin AE111 BZR (handled equally aswell and personally I thought it felt a better drive too)

If the Teg had been boosted things may be different. But it was full of little niggles that just ruined it for me personally!

Don't bother with a glanza, gt's are a different league. Such a better car!

If a Honda doesn't have an lsd I don't know how they can call it a type r.

I've had a few starlets and quite a few Hondas including a 91 crx vt, 99 dc2, a couple of eg's and an aerodeck vti. My daily is a 190bhp eg I converted to a b18c4 with all the running gear from the aerodeck and I love it, its a better drive than a starlet. But its crying out for boost. The vtec vs boost thing will always go on but they both have their pros and cons.

The Hondas are more reliable though, but starlets can be too if there will looked after, serviced well and treated as an old car. You can't expect 15 year old parts to last forever

Fire some pics up of said Type-R, I always fancy a swap the other way. Don't get me wrong Glanza's are great cars but I'm always a bit envious of more modern cars, the starlet can feel very dated at times and lacks any kind of refinement I find.

Definitely interested fire me a PM

is there any one on here local to you who can take you for a spin in glanza/gt to help make your mind up ?

i got offered a ep3 plus cash for my forged gt i turned it down ! couldnt go to something slower i love my little 1.3 ! get such a satisfaction beating bigger engine more expensive cars nothing around here has yet touched my ep82 !! my mate is now boosting his b16 he is determined to beat me !

It's a much nicer driving position in a gt, they drive better, better interior, There lighter, faster, don't look Like a micra and only the late ones have the skinny glanza rods!

How so? It's the same chassis (bar slightly more flexible in the GT as there's not as much bracing) just a different body.

Stock vs stock I'd have a GT.

Recaros in a Glanza make it a different car all together IMO. the standard seats offer a rubbish driving position but its nothing a nice set of seats can't fix.

Glanza does it for me, although I do have both.

is there any one on here local to you who can take you for a spin in glanza/gt to help make your mind up ?

i got offered a ep3 plus cash for my forged gt i turned it down ! couldnt go to something slower i love my little 1.3 ! get such a satisfaction beating bigger engine more expensive cars nothing around here has yet touched my ep82 !! my mate is now boosting his b16 he is determined to beat me !

Nobody local! I've driven an NA replica or owned one for 5 months. Handled well but can't camped power ect..

GT's are much cheaper to buy.. I think there uglier (IMO) but I think it's a 'toms' kit or somthimg they do look sexy with that..

I think I would go either way GT or a Glanza as long as it's looked after. I desperately need a spin in one to see if I fall for it!

I think I've made my mind up! I'll be back in January (or whn the civic sells)

Glanza.

Would love to finish the conversion project of my old N/A if anyone knows where it is?

R206 URB - Silver with blue wheels(chrome lip) black roof / scoop!