Should i come back and give up the Type-R?

A mapped civic is a hell.of alot better again on fuel compared to a standard one

engine.failures for an ep3

o look.i put my filter in my wing and drove thru a river

Oil? whats that

Pretty much it :p

mine had 2 1/2 years of constant abuse and only thing that failed was a clutch ( launching like.an animal)

Gearbox (.flat foot shifting for 100 odd runs at pod and also.when clutch starts to go it.grinds into gear had knackered.clutch for a while)

Chris is a tool.and should.never be aloud near wiring

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The honda engine was designed to run 200hp from the factory, the starlet engine 130hp thats a fiar difference.

If your looking to nearly double the stock power you have to expect with an engine of this age that it is going to want some work.

As i said over on TGTT all the starlets are gettting old cars now and the chassi will never be as good a honda thanks to the back end the IRS is much better than the starlet bean axle.

If you want modern boost consider a megan 225 :)

the only thing that failed was jacks talent :)

This is a valid point cause type r's seem too get written off more than anything, i know of a fair few ep civics that have been written off because the drivers pushed too hard, they have a fine line between going round a corner fast and crashing, a very rewarding drivers car but you gotta be a good driver too drive them properly.

They get writteb off because 90% of them are driven hard

hardly ever see a starlet on track

thing with a civic is push till you loose grip then push harder.till.you find grip again and then.you have a very fine line before.you loose.it.completely

but got to push to the limit to get the most out of it

I ran out of track

another foot wider and i wouldnt of found the grass

key word being 'I'

if people who claim that they ran out of road before talent, actually had the talent, they wouldnt need the extra track

dont get me wrong, they are awesome cars, but for the price, they can be outdone by cheaper modded cars

key word being 'I'

if people who claim that they ran out of road before talent, actually had the talent, they wouldnt need the extra track

dont get me wrong, they are awesome cars, but for the price, they can be outdone by cheaper modded cars

Yep your right there all the top drivers have never ever come of track

colin mcrae for example

everyone comes of at some point i was just unlucky a wall was so close

O well

only a car

Edited by Jack-CTR

You cant turbo a Vtec, but you can't Vtec a turbo. You know it makes sense.

No that really doesnt make any sense.

I think you meant to write can for the first one.

Vtec is just fancy valve timing (and lift) big freaking woop.

Its just like MIVEC from Mitsubishi, AVCS from Subaru, VVT-i/VVTL-i from Toyota, VANOS from BMW, VarioCam Plus from Porsche, NeoVVL from Nissan, etc.

No that really doesnt make any sense.

I think you meant to write can for the first one.

Vtec is just fancy valve timing (and lift) big freaking woop.

Its just like MIVEC from Mitsubishi, AVCS from Subaru, VVT-i/VVTL-i from Toyota, VANOS from BMW, VarioCam Plus from Porsche, NeoVVL from Nissan, etc.

they dont work aswell tho but yes the same idea

put.foot down in the.vvtli corolla.and can tell the differences

all the starlets are eithrer being rebuilt or.off the road because the drivers are scared of.a bit.of water

Go look at a similar aged honda and see if it still has any rear arches left!

Most of us take them off the road due to salt, i've taken mine off the road because i want to get it painted thats the only reason it's off the road..

Jack you just need to know how to drive a starlet and not let the starlet drive you :p haha

I have raced a few EP3 over the years! side by side on round abouts.back lanes etc but the EP3 wasnt going anywere :) So if people realy think the starlets cant handle then they need to learn how to grab them by the scruff of the neck because they can be pushed more then what alot of people think :p

Fire some pics up of said Type-R, I always fancy a swap the other way. Don't get me wrong Glanza's are great cars but I'm always a bit envious of more modern cars, the starlet can feel very dated at times and lacks any kind of refinement I find.