Condensation in car

Whenever its cold, my car always condensates on the window pretty bad, theres nothing wet in my car because I keep it clea, just seems to always steam up way more than any other car Ive owned.

I'm wondering if theres some sort of air circulation pipe? To let fresh air in, maybe its blocked.

I read somewhere that u can put cat litter in a sock and chuck it in your car to absorb the moisture? Does that sound silly?

Anyone else get bad condensation?

Get under the car and under each front footwell there is a rubber bung. I've lost one of mine and its steams up like a absolute mofo and my carpet is damp from it as well.

Just another one of them things I've been meaning to get around to asking for so thank you for reminding me :)

My brothers ef civic has loads.

One in his boot was a case of putting a hole in the buttom of the boot seal so the water could escape to the outside rather than the inside

Another was his windscreen wasnt actually attached because the glue/seal had dried up

Now hes got one in the front and it keeps flooding out his fuel pump relay so he has wrapped it up in a couple of pairs of rubber gloves as he cant find the leak haha

The pollen filter can make your car steam up bad

if hasn't been changed recently holding the moisture cause its full of debri etc

Tail light seals are pretty common too

Doors can hold water too

if drain holes are blocked at the bottom of door

Can make the inside all steamed up

Fords are pretty bad for that

Few ideas to try Haresign

Yeah...mines only just started doing this & the car is bone dry inside...tail lamp seals were cleaned & refit.

I'm going to buy both pollen filters tomorrow...blocked filters will cause the screen to mist on the insides in most cases..& make the blower motor work harder...(puts up a vacuum).

A good idea to check the bulkhead water drains too...& try the air re-circ switch on the opposite setting.

Edited by Neo Gold