Coming soon........6 puk clutch kits, pics up :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you pay over 300 quid for a clutch? hype? brand? car parts on general do not cost alot to manufacture add a brand name to a part to ads the ££££ on :)

Companys like ACT, Execy, OS giken ORC ect. have there stuff made in house and have been perfected though trial and error. where as you are getting them from a supplier somewhere in china which has been put together in a sweat shop.

My ACT 6 puck clutch, release bearing and alignment tools was $410 plus shipping and Import tax which is a bargain. (RX8)

I bought it because it's a trusted and well known brand which loads of people can recommend.

I personally wouldn't trust this in my car.

Companys like ACT, Execy, OS giken ORC ect. have there stuff made in house and have been perfected though trial and error. where as you are getting them from a supplier somewhere in china which has been put together in a sweat shop.

My ACT 6 puck clutch, release bearing and alignment tools was $410 plus shipping and Import tax which is a bargain. (RX8)

I bought it because it's a trusted and well known brand which loads of people can recommend.

I see where you are coming from, but ALOT of things come from China, cheap or not. ;)

The only way to see if it works.. Is to test :D

so your telling me that they make each and every part that is put in to a clutch kit in house? thats a lot of different machines and processes even down to springs and rivets :) having seen a fair few uprated clutches i can say that ive a good guess were most of the components are manufactured and it certainly isnt in house.

its all in the testing both on and off the vehicle :)

Ok i know that's some of the stuff is brought in though different suppliers. but you know what i mean.

Take a look at this.

/>http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/id/1705/industry-insider-a-look-inside-act-clutches.aspx

this will be the same for all other major clutch company's.

The only real way to find out is through a good trial on a couple of motors for all we know

They could be shit hot and work bang on and no

One would moan about the money saving

To be had all products started at the bottom

Of the barrel from baileys , rota , tial etc nothing is automatically put at the top of a list it's through trial and error and reviews of customers that's brings a companies product / reputation up everything is worth a try

Ok i know that's some of the stuff is brought in though different suppliers. but you know what i mean.

Take a look at this.

http://www.motoiq.co...t-clutches.aspx

this will be the same for all other major clutch company's.

you may well be right but there are also companys out there that make clutches that dont have anywhere near the overheads of the likes of blitz act etc

at present there is no cheaper alternative for a paddle available for starlets, especially now cap are non existant. smaller independant companys can assemble clutches using there " bought in components "the same as the bigger company's do at a fraction of the cost. just because something is cheaper doesnt mean its no good

The only real way to find out is through a good trial on a couple of motors for all we know

They could be shit hot and work bang on and no

One would moan about the money saving

To be had all products started at the bottom

Of the barrel from baileys , rota , tial etc nothing is automatically put at the top of a list it's through trial and error and reviews of customers that's brings a companies product / reputation up everything is worth a try

couldn't agree more, got to start somewhere :)