Welsh na build :p

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know about the con rods bein thicker in early gt lumps and i heard the ct9b ( late model ) is slightly more stronger? Not boost wise i ment like slightly harder to break but hey im not the expert here!! Just what i gathered forthe 2-3 years i been in here just snooping when my bro had his gt

I thought the vains or what ever where of a slightly different design to help with the spooling up slightly, help get the V's up to speed. Again might just be something I've read but has no back bone to? Lol

Just googled it, B has 9 blades A has 8 on exhuast and the compressor side B has tightly spaced blades, like 4 sets of 2 and A has widely spaced blades more like 8 individual blades.

Not sure what effect this would have though? Lol

Edited by morgey

Looks clean man, nice to see the ugly bumpstrips are readily gone! Give it a polish and wax, it'll come up really nicely!

First thing I'd do is get some GT/Glanza front discs and caliper carriers (calipers are same as NA), it's a really good upgrade for the brakes, the NA stock items are CRAP

Rear Anti-Roll bar, strut braces, good alloys.tyres and you have a fun little car. Get the braking and handling safe as it's a big weak point on the NAs IMO

I know about the con rods bein thicker in early gt lumps and i heard the ct9b ( late model ) is slightly more stronger? Not boost wise i ment like slightly harder to break but hey im not the expert here!! Just what i gathered forthe 2-3 years i been in here just snooping when my bro had his gt

The Glanza and (I think MK3 GTs) had thinner rods, but I read on TGTT that they were made of a different material to give them the same strength as the MK1 thicker rods

I'm using the ones that came on my GT, stock discs with Greenstuff pads I was using in the NA before and they're so much better than before. Even good conditionn used ones will be okay and shouldn't cost a lot