where should i go from here

well lads and ladies i bought myself a glanza S and i know there probably a good few threads about this but my S is standard engine wise and i am wondering what should i do to get a little more power from it ?

i heard a fte inlet and tb makes a difference ??

what should i do without spending too much ??

cheers in advance !!

Cat back system improves top end power a little and better response. Better to spend more on handling parts if I'm honest as it's a lot more cost effective. An NA 4efe isn't going to be fast without throwing a fair bit of money at it

Lad a 4 branch exhaust manifold sounds cool and helps performance. Obx youll find them on ebay for a 5efe.

Your S is already as good as we would hope our uk engines to be. 50mm throttlebody but you need to make a 45_50mm spacer. 50mm are handy found but id need a photo of yours to tell u what type to get.

Avoid glanza inlet manifold, your tubular manifold gives a good strong flat torque curve.

Keep it well serviced and drive the tits off it and shell be plenty fast.

U dont need a cat because its a jap import so just gut it out, 5efhe cams are rare as the high lift ones were only made in the early 90's and the later ones arw just the same as ours. Keep the interior its noisy and boring with just two seats.

emanage blue is only £200 these days and is a super duper piggyback ecu.

The best combo I found is with a 45mm throttle body and FTE manifold gives you best of both worlds, made the car a much better motorway cruiser...keep the standard air box too just throw a panel filter in

Lads not all 5efhe are highlift

Corolla manifold with a 50mm throttlebody is the best of both worlds :-)

After 1993 is for uk cars. Not import cars without a uk equivilent. No glanza or gt turbo needs a cat. Boths facts...

.5mm 5efe headgasket from toyota. Half the price of trd. I wonder can the traders source these cheap from toyota although it get expensive becuase of the work involved.

Rolla manifold, 50mm 4afe throttlebody and emanage blue.

• 5 months later...

^^^ chrisgreen1993 i think is his user name has just got his running on a set if them. Even the tps was the same just needed a tab filing off the casing of the plug!

I managed to get a set running on mine, still need a bit of tweaking though. The ones on the eBay ad might not work with your setup as the TPS is a 1st gen one.

Also the ones on the ad, the orignal manifold has been cut and hose just been placed over the bottom of the runners, bit of a bodge job really.

Most if not all motorbikes use a bit of hose pushed over abit of a manifold.

The 1st Northern irish starlet on ITB's used silicone hoses pushed over a cutdown manifold.

Always use your orginal tps unless you measured the resistance of the pontentiometer over its range of movement.

I know they use a hose connecting the throttles to the stubs, but the one on eBay has just used the standing starlet manifold. If you look the hoses are really stretched at the bottom. The standard manifold isn't regularly sharped.

• 2 weeks later...