Jetwashing your engine bay.

Who actually does this? And is it safe? I've seen videos and people happily jetwashing their engine bay, but it doesn't seem too appealing to me?

It would be good, if it was perfectly safe to do so. As obviously it would do a good job.. But come on, a dripping wet engine bay exposed to all of your wires and shit?

So.. Anyone?

Interesting, i would like to. But i don't think i'd trust it haha! It would be a wicked idea at the time, then i know for a fact id go set off for a long trip and my car would break down due to water getting in places it shouldn't haha!

It's just soooo long cleaning by hand, like the gearbox and shit!

NO LONG TING.

plastic bags and tin foil ;) and if you've got and adjustable pressure lance set it at its lowest and use common sense :L like don't spray at the battery or dizzy or anything and you'll be fine! i do loads of engine bay details and haven't had an issue yet :) i found a guide somewhere at one point, ill have a hunt for you

Just make sure it don't get anywhere near electrics and intake. Everything else can be washed. We are forever jet washing Diesel engine bays at work to clear all the oil. Or so we don't get covered in crap

I do it all the time on customers cars at work haha. Mostly to clear off oil to find oil leaks. Newer cars bays seem more protected though with plastic covers everywhere.

Just leave it running and dont point at anything like ht leads lol.

I use the hot jet was down the self car wash place. Done it on loads of cars at work and a few of mine. I just put plastic bags over every thing. Jet wash it all off remove bags. Good idea to spray every thing in wd40 after. Had a miss fire after I done my Renault 5 bay, took the dizzy off wiped it out and it was fine

a bit of elbow grease and compressed air can also give good results.

Once its been cleaned just spend 1-2 hours a month keeping it tidy.

Edited by H_D