Caribbean 5E... OKI ONE LAST REBUILD i hope

help needed all you guys who have gone forged engine way... the wiseco pistons i got are are not flat and have -10 domes.... we are a little bit worried now that the compression in the cylinder will lower too much and the car become a lag monster with the td04 turbo on it ... any one whose done this can u give me a heads of how you got around this problem

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use a different thickness of of head gasket to alter the compression back the other way mate. Just make sure you calculate it acordingly or you may increase the chances of det/knock.

Every time I read your username I always say 'rass clart', so I will call you that from now.

Move to the uk bro! :D.

hahahahah that made me laugh lol.... not to mention you little bug running around just totally messed with my mental lolol ... im here saying why wont this bug get of my screen lol...

Use a different thickness of of head gasket to alter the compression back the other way mate. Just make sure you calculate it acordingly or you may increase the chances of det/knock.

im too scared to go that way as ive had knock isues befor and dont want after all of this to ruin another engine

fuck it im going to spend money like a mad man ... bought a 5E engine and im sending the scat rods back to miami in exchange for 5E rods ima have a td04 5EFTE 20psi of boost fully scrapped track monster by the end of the month .... MUAHAHAHA let the madness begin

Edited by rasslenny

so the 5e rods cost an additional 10 pounds so hells yes ima send them back... im pretty sure there is going to be a restocking fee as its a custom rod... and shipping is an additional 30... o wells you cant chinks on the money and expect greatness

td04 5E lets go lol

Looking good mate! You'll be happy with the 5E :D

Oh and the 5E manifold, the one thats better is the 5EFHE with its dual runners, you need a solenoid to operate this but am sure your Emerald can operate the solenoid :thumbsup:

yup i did if its the one that says 16 valve efis on it ... ill get the pics up for you guys when i get to the mechanics as he found the engine for me.... not sure where but he did

are there any cars that came stock with the lsd in it thats a direct swap that ...i know it is a lot easier for me to find parts at the breakers yard than it is for you guys

Edited by rasslenny

Yeah thats the one mate :D

The starlet came with an optional LSD, you'll need the driveshaft and rear gear box mount though to fit.

You could try checking the breakers for an LSD from a levin as I believe they use the same gearbox.

DEFINITELY WOULDNT FIND A STARLET LSD BOX... that shit would get gobbled up before it has even reached the breakers quicker find an ae101 levin .... so to the breakers i go cuz i know when i get that power the wheels are gona be spinning in the corners

took me the whole night to do but i scrapped the engine down head and block and with internals completely gutted.... as the boys at mighty car mods would say ohh little 5E you will CHOO CHOO soon ... sending the the head and block to the machine shop today

this is me on my break tall glass of ice cold passion fruit juice and a half scrapped 5EFHE

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/rasslenny/media/IMAG0053_zpsa28f8076.jpg.html'>IMAG0053_zpsa28f8076.jpg

LITTLE BIT OF HELP NEEDED... so i started putting the engine back together and im realizing that the bolt pattern on the 53 flywheel is a little different has any one else encountered this problem and is so howd they correct it

Looks like you're building quite a motor here!

Just seen you're looking for an LSD do you know how to tell if a gearbox has one? as the whole turn one wheel the other turns the same way doesn't work for levin LSD's

Heres a link of what to look for, that has a couple of different ones so you could get lucky ;)

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/55996-identifing-aftermarket-lsds/#entry815439

Looks like you're building quite a motor here!

Just seen you're looking for an LSD do you know how to tell if a gearbox has one? as the whole turn one wheel the other turns the same way doesn't work for levin LSD's

Heres a link of what to look for, that has a couple of different ones so you could get lucky ;)

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/55996-identifing-aftermarket-lsds/#entry815439

Hey morgey youve got a 5E motor in yours as well right... whats was the deal with the flywheel... which flyewheel did you end up using as i know for sure the 4E flywheel has a different bolt pattern