Did TRD make an ecu?

As above really, found an ecu with a trd sticker on it and the guy who we got it off said "it has been tampered with" so didn't know if its worth sending it away to see what's what or not.

I can take pics if needed

Could have sworn I read somewhere, that any aftermarket ECU's for Toyota had light sensors etc and one they were opened it wiped the memory?

Ha it's fucked now then lol. Nah I can't see it being an after market one really, I expect some ones just stuck a sticker on it

Looks standard to me, if they don't have some sort of daughterboard the EEPROM chips can be replaced and usually marked by the tuner as an identification marker. EEPROM chips can be wiped if exposed to intense infared light.

Plug it in and see what happens? TRD would t necessarily need a daughter board would they? The daughter boards were simply so after market tuners could tinker where as TRD are an in house brand so could program the ECUs directly. Hypothetically anyway!

Chances are its just a sticker though!

The light thing is only when under UV light. Or so I read! My old Zep ECU had been opened and was peachy.

andys thery is right tbf, id plug it in amd see if the car is a tad more agressive or if the rpm raises atal, you will kick your self otherwise lol. chances are its totaly stock but it could well be flashed from the factory as apose to using a slave unit to "trick" the ecu

My glanzas off the road at the moment so I can't really test it, any one up for it? I don't mind sending it to you, just as long as I get it back tho lol.

Also not sure if its for the GT or glanza I've just tried matching it to a spare loom I've got but doesn't fit. I'll upload a pic of the plugs

If it was TRD it would be an optional extra and to my knowledge TRD never made an optional extra ecu

Also I did a bit of research into plug and plays and found pretty much every one made for a starlet and none were TRD so I'm pretty sure it's just a sticker on top of a stock ecu

its uv light that can be used to erase reprogrammable eproms which have a little window on them. which is why after you burn them they need a sticker put over the window. ive done a few for my arcade machine pcb's.

Edited by Bean