HI LO TURBO button ?? gimmicky or clever jap wizardry ?

as above guys i forget i have one sometimes does it really make a difference , does it turn the boost higher ?

what does it do ?

how does it do what it does ?

or is it a gimmicky button that does fuck all !!

thanks in advance starleteers !!

It does have a use if it is still plumbed in.

IIRC high boost is 0.7bar and low boost is 0.45bar.

According to my manual Low bosst is for wet and icy conditions.

Lol at the replies , not used to pressing hi lo boost buttons tend to forget ill use it from now on

Thanks for clearing that up for me

Sorry for the retarded question but does it work when the boost is turned up to say 1.1 bar does it seperate it by the factory programmed ratio as per figures posted above by yourselves ?

It's not a gimmick at all lol..

It's just most people with a starlet run more than factory power, there for they bypass/loop the hi/low boost, that's all.

If you want to run more than hi boost from factory then you get a boost controller or as said, loop the hi/lo and adjust your actuator (if its adjustable).

Oh well I guess mine doesn't work In my case

Fucking gimmicky shit lol

Take it easy on me starleteers I'm a newbie you were there once upon a time

Btw any one got any oem mats for sale ?

The minute you start tuning the car... Your going to loose this feature and you will be in hi boost all the time :)

ignore the "legends" there all a bunch of know it alls :p Give them some shit back :D

The reason why asked the question was because I didn't feel any difference in power !

Corofin what do u mean cut off for a blow off

the high/low solenoid is basically a valve... so i used it for the the blow off valve (dumpvalve).. when you cut the vacuum source from a blow off valve, the blow off valve wont operate, so you get turbo flutter.. using the high/low solenoid and switch in the cabin, you can alternate between the blow off valve dumping the air "high mode", and turbo flutter in "low mode" :)

nothing to do with boost, just another way to use the high/low solenoid thats all..

this was the result when i did it

Edited by corofin12345

the high/low solenoid is basically a valve... so i used it for the the blow off valve (dumpvalve).. when you cut the vacuum source from a blow off valve, the blow off valve wont operate, so you get turbo flutter.. using the high/low solenoid and switch in the cabin, you can alternate between the blow off valve dumping the air "high mode", and turbo flutter in "low mode" :)

nothing to do with boost, just another way to use the high/low solenoid thats all..

this was the result when i did it

mate thats fucking awesome mine just dumps theres no flutter

i need to look into this bud

It won't work if you have bypassed the boost solenoid (glanza) .. The low feature will no longer work.

Same for if you have taken out the stock efi pipe and have a front mounted filter

You can still use it with a front mounted filter. All it does is alters the vaccum on the actuator pretty much like an ebc. It will work as long as you have the factory actuator fitted with 2 nipples on it rather than 1 you get on an adjustable one.

I run standard boost on my GT and you notice low boost, when you run in high all the time switching to low is pants.

can also be used as a cut off for a blow off valve.. dump or flutter :D

alal-1.jpg

This is awesome I wonder how it would work on the GT i.e where the hoses go etc. Im going to have to try this.