Exercise! gym! recomendations for after work out drink powder?

Your body can only process around 32g of protein in one sitting, it's best to get as much of that in within a 20 minute period after a workout.

Sleep is also vital for muscle growth, basically eat loads of meat and complex carb foods during the day, DO NOT use the shake to replace a meal it won't do you any good and get a good sleep routine going.

If your training every day don't, have at least one rest day and do legs at least once a week it will aid other muscle growths even if you havn't worked them that day.

That drink is a pre work out drink, which just basically gives you energy/ focus to do what you need to do during your workout.

You want to get some type of protein shake first really to have before your workout and after.

Have a look on this website/ forum.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/

It will offer everything you need to know including given you some work out plans to do.

Edited by Critic

Usn anabolic protein shake you will see big gains I got 17 inch arms and am tall 30 waist weigh 11 stone but ripped... Looking like I'm 12 1/2 stone.

I have tried many but usn anabolic go get that and it tastes amazing normally blend a banana in the shake and get chocolate.

Eat something 30 mins after when u finish gym or drink your protein... Eat plenty of Tuna !

But sleep n plenty of water is very important.

Edited by Ep'd

Sort normal diet out first before you go taking supplements.

Whey is good for post-workout, don't bother with pre-workout until you have been training for a while. It's unlikely you'll hit plateau's so quickly.

Creatine is also very good after you've been training for some time

Training hard, eating & resting well>supplements

USN proteins ftw awsome quality , pre workout jack 3d or super pump max there both very good

High protein diet , and train to what u want muscle wise I.e whether your going for size strength or shape

USN proteins ftw awsome quality , pre workout jack 3d or super pump max there both very good

High protein diet , and train to what u want muscle wise I.e whether your going for size strength or shape

Usn anabolic protein shake you will see big gains I got 17 inch arms and am tall 30 waist weigh 11 stone but ripped... Looking like I'm 12 1/2 stone.

I have tried many but usn anabolic go get that and it tastes amazing normally blend a banana in the shake and get chocolate.

Eat something 30 mins after when u finish gym or drink your protein... Eat plenty of Tuna !

But sleep n plenty of water is very important.

I need some thing CAFFIENE FREE

so this stuff any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/USN-Muscle-Anabolic-Strawberry-Powder/dp/B001FFJ6RC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363299627&sr=8-3

Edited by iamlegend

Tried that stuff very over priced in comparison. It's good aswell but not if you have a very fast metabolism then you will not put on mass or get bigger you need carbs too! You will just rip up more...

Sort normal diet out first before you go taking supplements.

Whey is good for post-workout, don't bother with pre-workout until you have been training for a while. It's unlikely you'll hit plateau's so quickly.

Creatine is also very good after you've been training for some time

Training hard, eating & resting well>supplements

I agree!

After being in the military for nearly 6 years now, this gets drilled into me.

A good Diet is the most important thing in any work out plan! You've got to ask your self, what you want out of exercising, and set goals.

If you just want to bulk up, then yeah, lift heavy weights and drink a protein shake after. But only drink loads of protein if your going to use it properly. If not, your going to be shitting it straight out!

If you want to loose fat. Do loads of cardio! Do not take pre or post workout!

Wait until you have been exercising Correctly and got a good Diet for a few months before you start thinking about bulking and shredding and using supplements.

At work, I am forced to go to the gym twice a day. Right now I am bulking so I am taking a pre-trainer BSN Hyper FX and Gold Standard Whey for straight after.

I say over priced cuz I pay the proper prices and igf is way more expensive! I don't trust eBay or amazon but mine from a local sports nutrition shop :)

Always make sure the seal on the inner lid are glued all around shut as heard of some people emptying them using a straw lifting the seal puttin nesquick and re sealing

So becareful just being helpful :)

Edited by Ep'd

what are your goals?

without knowing i can't really give advise, although....

cardio is the devil, cardio is the reason people don't reach there body composition goals. avoided cardio unless your training for an endurance sport.

I have the USN igf1 and its the best in my

Option and it what has worked best for me can be expensive fr places like gmc or holland a barret but u can get good deals if u look around

Don't know why you'd say avoid cardio, it's a great way to improve fitness. Medium intensity cardio improves circulation and therefore oxygenation/nutrition for muscles. Then there's additional benefits for your heart, improved cardiac output will allow you to lift more, and for longer.

Obviously how much you want to do will vary on goals and how easily one can build muscle, but not to do it at all is a bit of a waste given the benefits

Use pharmagain!!! Can'not say it enough man, the stuff is great.

Listen man, just eat healthy, drink water and train.

If you don't put in the effort you will get nowhere, so first of all you've got to be willing!

And yeah, don't avoid cardio lol. Tell that to kai greene!

a correct heavy weight routine will do the same without elevating cortisol to the same extent and more muscle mass will lead to increase metabolism and after protein synthesis. read Charles poliquins views on the subject for more info buddy

^^^ I must say with my 6 years experience of training on and off and setting myself different goals to achieve I've found high protein diet little cardio and a heavy weight programme to produce great muscle mass results then to start ripping up less weights more sets and reps and more cardio to help cut up that little bit more , a good diet it key to do both areas though to gain , mass and to loose body fat but both diets are obviously different I'm trying to gain more size again as I may attempt a push n pull competition later on in the year so for instance I'm easting 3-4 chicken breast a day protein shakes rice etc to helpi body supply's muscle what it needs then a heavy weight programme for all muscle groups

the key is to eat clean stay low body fat, a lot of people bulk and then cut which can work but you lose a bit of your hard work when cutting.

if you prefer that way and it works for you then keep doing it. every one differs.

for me i stay lean, if i do put on any excess then its a case of lower reps but heavier weights, and off days 15 min of sprints. taking up to 40g of bcaa a day.

how much cardio do you think a sprinter does?

Edited by keirz

PHD for me, and creatine also works well for me but its not for everyone. you will find that different people react differently to different product. just try one and see how you get on. if you like it say with it and if you dont try another.

After a certain time when training, cortisol is released whatever exercises you're doing. HIIT cardio improves explosive strength and CV fitness over a short time spent actually doing the exercise, limiting cortisol release (I assume you know this as you mention sprints). You also get more mobility of joints, strengthening them and like I said above, better circulation throughout the body

I'm aware that weight training has it's CV benefits, and yes more muscle mass will increase basal metabolic rate. But ruling out cardio is a bit of a waste of time; adding contrasting exercises eg cardio into strength training regimes will only help improve recovery time and performance. I study physiology and all the rest of this malarkey at uni lol

I'm not knocking strength training, I actually prefer it :lol:

But I'd always vouch for including cardio in a strength training programme even if it isn't a great deal. The amount it should be done depends from person to person of course

Edited by Amjad