Arnolds 99V Glanza build - New WEPR TD04 Kit :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have to trim your bumper for the FMIC?

My standard bumper, no, but yes for my after market one by a couple of inches or so.

car is insanely clean, nice to see you have done all the work from a untouched car but i also have to agree, go back to the toyota bumper ;)

I've spent way too much having this bumper fitted, it would be mad to go back now. I guess it's like Marmite as i've had others saying they like it :)

Ok good to hear! I see your cooler is aligned to the edge of the crash bar, just like mine will be. My pipes go from the other sides of the tow eyes so they quite don't fit behind the fogs, but I'll sott that this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, another update.

The Glanza's off the road at the moment after suspected head gasket failure. The water's gone a bit oily and it's sprayed out through the reservoir cap all over the engine bay. New head bolts and an Athena MLS gasket has been ordered, and will be fitted sometime in the next two weeks, for the BHP show at Lydden hill.

Good news though, is the oil catch tank, braided lines and 'race spec' rocker cover has been delivered. I went for a Subaru Silver finish, which looks amazing. Also got a TRD oil cap for it too.

RockerCover_TRD.jpg

Catch_Can.jpg

Stay tuned for more. New brakes and Cusco strut brace will be fitted when the head work is done.

Edited by Arnold

Awesome, i want an rw catch can they look ace!

Yeah i'm pretty impressed with it too. Especially with Dean, the quality looks great and the respray job is superb. He also sent the stuff out before I even paid for it! Top service.

And thanks for the comments, stay tuned for updates as she's with the tuners at the moment. The rear lip got damaged when winching it onto the flatbed. Pain in the arse the car being so low sometimes!

Some extra crappy photos from my phone below.

Glanza_Flatbed_front.jpg

Glanza_Rear_Tow.jpg

Glanza_Flatbed.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Right an update for you,

The car had the head gasket replaced with the Athena 1.4mm one, which has fixed that issue, and I had my new oil catch tank and braided lines fitted to the new rocker cover at the same time. My new brakes have also been fitted and are A LOT better than the ones that came off! It was rolling roaded just after to check she was all healthy, and despite a bit of a misfire on boost, produced 217.9hp at around 6800rpm, 0.9bar.

Despite changing the rotor arm and dizzy cap, the misfire remains so need to check the plugs next. I also had a nail go through one of my Goodyear Eagle tyres so that was another £80 to sort.

I'll be attending Practical Performance Car Magazines PPC in the park show tomorrow at Mallory Park, where it'll be doing one of the track sessions in the afternoon!

GlanzaRR_May13.PNG

GlanzaRR_May13Graph.jpg

Goodyear_Nail.jpg

BHP2013_16.jpg

Cheers guys, I spotted you both too! Was a good day :) I had to bung the exhaust for the track as it was too loud. Even with bung it came in at 92db. A video of her running on Youtube :

I was being quite cautious as had new handing mods and brakes fitted

Edited by Arnold
  • 1 month later...

Quick update.

My misfire has been fixed, which was an issue with my Emanage Ultimate. A quick tinkle with the settings and she's running pretty good! Took it to Japfest 2 and ran it on the track in the 12:10pm session, over taking everything! The back felt light the whole time though and eventually managed to spin out. All in the video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcHCRjXyVfg'>

Edited by Arnold

Looked really good on track dude. your engine sounds super smooth, have you got rear anti-roll bar on?

Cheers mate. The engine has been really looked after and tuned well, so lets hope it stays that way! I do have the Whiteline fixed ARB. Also have a cusco rear brace and C pillar

• 11 months later...

I haven't posted anything in here for over a year so thought i'd just write a little.

Recent purchases include:

• Replacement drivers side door mirror.

• A standard front lip for the standard front bumper

• Crank shaft oil seal (cam belt side) as that is leaking.

• Bonnet lifters

From the above, only the lifters have been fitted and the rest i'm hanging onto for a bit. She was booked in at a bodyshop to have some bits done, but the mirror didn't turn up in time.

Also, the 5th gear synchro is going/gone I think as it grinds sometimes when going in. The gear stick also moves around a little whilst 5th is engaged, so I think the box needs a refurb soon. Just trying to save up the funds to buy a Quaife differential to stick in at the same time!

Some track time videos too:

Lidden Hill 1 (BHP Show)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_wmPYNwuU

Lidden Hill 2 (BHP Show)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ9VcYzEAeY

Donington Park (Japfest 2)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcHCRjXyVfg

Donington Park Drive By - 20 seconds in (Japfest 2)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ao0ShgizZE

Mallory Park (PPC Show)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Rwza9xPVg

• 3 weeks later...

Had a few issues starting the car which ended up being a dodgy battery, so replaced it for a new one. Typically, the old one was about 2 weeks past its 3 year guarantee!

My nicely painted rocker cover is also looking a little oil stained as it's leaking through the holes that bolt it on.

I've also ordered a second hand box to replace my current one, to sort out the synchro issue. I just can't afford to get the Quaife differential and box reconditioned right now :(

2014-07-07-newbattery.png

• 1 month later...

In the build up to Japfest 2, I decided to try and get my handling sorted and aligned correctly, but did it a bit DIY using the markings on the coilovers for reference. With full negative camber set on the meisters, caused the wheel to lock against the inner arch and stop turning, so incredibly dangerous. After about 6 or 7 attempts, got it to quite a nice position. The only bummer is one of the 4 camber bolts in the top mount snapped, so i'm now using three.

Quick video from around Donington at Japfest 2.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cht4b7qNrE4

• 2 weeks later...

In the build up to Japfest 2, I decided to try and get my handling sorted and aligned correctly, but did it a bit DIY using the markings on the coilovers for reference. With full negative camber set on the meisters, caused the wheel to lock against the inner arch and stop turning, so incredibly dangerous. After about 6 or 7 attempts, got it to quite a nice position. The only bummer is one of the 4 camber bolts in the top mount snapped, so i'm now using three.

Quick video from around Donington at Japfest 2.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cht4b7qNrE4

Remember seeing your glanza go round the track at japfest 2 8) Seeing the starlets made me really want one.

Wow good progress thread.

you got my curiosity going with that jap double din head unit and such.

Got any details of that with the oem cd changer ect.

I get it didnt work but would love to know more about it :D

Thanks, I don't know too much about it as it didn't stay in my car for long, but I have kept hold of it. A shame the UK maps aren't cheaper as I'd like to have retained it!

Very nice dude

Cheers mate

Remember seeing your glanza go round the track at japfest 2 8) Seeing the starlets made me really want one.

I hope it didn't look slow :) - and buy one!