• Rear mid spoiler
  • Rear lip
  • Clear cam cover
  • A pillar 3 pod gauge holder
  • Ash silicone hoses
  • TRS tow strap
  • Horizontal wiper conversion

History
Picked her up from Somerset in May 2009, completely standard 99 V apart from the kmh/mph conversion had been done. Cost me £3000, the previous owner paying £5000 just 8 months before. Drove perfectly and apart from a few minor dings in the door and roof, was in excellent cosmetic condition. The rear seats looked brand new and never sat in. Car came with the original Japanese double din stereo with CD player, CD Changer in boot, Mini Disk player and Satellite navigation support. Milage around 68000. Sat nav doesn't work in the UK without updated maps, which cost around £1000!

glanza2_01.JPG

glanza2_02.JPG

glanza2_03.JPG

glanza2_04.JPG

glanza2_05.JPG

glanza2_06.JPG

Some more images after a wash

glanza2_07.JPG

glanza2_08.JPG

glanza2_09.JPG

glanza2_10.JPG

glanza2_12.JPG

glanza2_13.JPG

glanza2_14.JPG

glanza2_15.JPG

glanza2_16.JPG

glanza2_17.JPG

glanza2_18.JPG

The drivers door motor was buggered though so central locking was not working. Luckily I had a spare from a previous Glanza so just fitted that. Shortly after, the drivers side electric mirror made the most horrific squealing sound, and wouldn't retract. (Anyone else had that?) This has yet to be fixed (March 2013) but it's on the list to do.

Mods

These are the modifications that have been carried out since owning the car, and roughly in the order they happened. Some bits may have been missed out as this was up to 4 years ago now.

The first modifications carried out were to change the brakes. The standard rotors were a bit warped and vibrated quite badly under braking, so replaced them for CRN grooved disks with EBC yellow stuff pads, and replaced the brake lines too. As much as I'd have liked a big brake kit, budget was an issue, but still noticed a huge difference especially once they were up to temperature.

CRNdisk.JPG
Brakepads.JPG
Brakehoses.JPG
newbrakeson.JPG

After that was done, decided to replace the wheels. I decided on a set of Rota Grids with the gunmetal / polished finish, and Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres. The appearance was improved, but the land rover ride height needed to be fixed.

Rotawheels.JPG
newwheels.JPG

Bought Meister coilovers to lower it.

MeisterR-Zetapside.JPG
MeisterR-Zetaptop.JPG

Standard suspension
Coilover001.JPG

New coilovers
Coilover002.JPG
Coilover003.JPG
Coilover004.JPG
Coilover005.JPG
Coilover008.JPG

This made the appearance of the car look a lot better, but there were still a few minor cosmetic changes that were needed. The headlights were suffering from the common issue of going green, and rather than polishing them up, I sold them off and put the money towards new ones from Toyota. At £55 a side, this seemed like the best option!

headlightcompare.jpg
headlightbefore.jpg
headlightduring.jpg
headlightafter.jpg

I also removed the standard air box and pipe work, and replaced it with an Apexi air filter, and fitted a Blitz radiator cap.

enginebayct9.jpg
blitzradcap.jpg

The stereo was replaced for one I had lying around, as the Japanese one does not work on UK radio frequencies.

stereofit.jpg

I then wanted a bit more power from her, but after seeing how bodged the last Glanza I bought was (FCD with no other supporting mods at all), I wanted it done properley. I stock piled a whole load of new parts including a WEPR CT9 Mild steel manifold, J Performance down pipe, Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust, HKS Actuator, a load of service items, Gaskets and probably a few other bits, and took them to Bond Motor Services in Horsham to get fitted.

decat1.JPG
decat2.JPG
WEPRManifold1.JPG
apexict9.jpg
Ex02.jpg
Ex03.jpg
Ex04.jpg
Ex05.jpg
Ex06.jpg
Ex07.jpg
Ex08.jpg
OEMGaskets.JPG

With all these mods on and without a remap and standard fueling, the car produced 145hp. It didn't really feel any more powerful, but sounded amazing!

IMG_7730.JPG

Shortly afterwards, I wanted the car to be remapped to get the most of the new parts. I took her to Fusion Motorsport in Chertsey, who fitted a whole load more parts to the car before being mapped on a rolling road. She produced 190hp at 1bar, on the standard CT9. New parts included a new Exedy organic clutch, Fidanza lightened flywheel, Tuning developments high flow fuel pump, Magnecor KV85 HT leads, Greddy Emanage Blue, a WEPR FMIC and a clear cam cover. The performance difference was incredible, and reassuring to know it wouldn't blow up as had been done right.

Wepr_FMIC.jpg
tuningdevelopmentsfuelpump.JPG
fusion87.jpg
fusion88.jpg
fusion89.jpg
fusion91.jpg
fusion92.jpg
fusion93.jpg
fusion94.jpg
fusion96.jpg
fusion97.jpg
fusion98.jpg
fusion98.jpg

Performance wise, I was very happy with the car. It was a while before I was intending on going TD04 or forged, so concentrated on a few more cosmetic improvements. The first modification was fitting the A pillar gauge pod holder and gauges, which incorporated a volt and boost gauge. The rear screen washer jet had also never worked, so replaced the motor for a new one which solved that problem.

apillar2.jpg
apillar2on.jpg
internalwiring.jpg
screenwashmotor.jpg

I also carried out a complete rear LED conversion. The clusters incorporate a fog light on each side of the car. These bulbs are pretty bright in the dark!

glanzaapr1008.JPG
glanzaapr1007.JPG
glanzaapr1010.JPG

Also with some help, we successfully carried out a horizontal wiper motor conversion. I've never like the appearance of the standard wiper arm facing upwards, and I didn't want to remove it.

Flatwiper.jpg

Going TD04

As time passed, I was stock piling more parts, both performance and cosmetic, This time, I'd bought a TD04L external wastegated turbo kit from Tuning Developments, Powerflex engine mounts, Greddy Emanage Ultimate piggyback ECU, Greddy Profec Spec II EBC, radiator hoses, whiteline front and rear ARBS, Cusco front and rear braces, Zisco C pillar brace, Corbeau bucket seats, bride subframes, Tow straps, Sparco 4 point harnesses, J performance alloy radiator, and more service items.

There were a few issues with the fitment of the turbo kit, mostly the exhaust did not line up with the downpipe and the Tial wastegate water lines do not fit with the J performance radiator, so continued to run the standard radiator. After a rolling road and remap, now with an Emanage Ultimate, the car produced 210hp on 0.9 bar. I know they can run more, but I'm playing it safe. The Blitz Nur Spec was modified to incorporate an extra flexi and extra mount to secure it, and also fix the issue of it not fitting the turbo kits downpipe. The FMIC was modified to suit the TD04, the Apexi relocated to the front, new radiator hoses fitted, new powerflex engine mounts fitted and a Greddy Profec Spec II boost controller was also installed. New front and rear whiteline anti roll bars were installed, along with a rear cusco strut brace, zisco rear C pillar brace, modified Bride subframes with Corbeau seats, tow straps and probably other stuff i've missed off! Decided not to fit the harnesses as I've heard bad things about having them without a roll cage.

EMU.jpg
Flexi.jpg
front.jpg
Front2.jpg
hoses.jpg
Apexi.jpg
corbeauboss.jpg
powerflex.jpg
mount.jpg
profec2.jpg
radhoses.jpg
TD04-1.jpg
TD04-2.jpg
TD04-3.jpg
TD04-4.jpg
Tial.jpg
Tial2.jpg
Craprad.jpg
rearbrace.jpg

All that lot was fitted in the summer of 2012. Since then, I've been purchasing a few more small bits and pieces towards the car. The brakes were shot after 15 minutes around Donington park, so ordered another set. I've purchased 4 more smoked gauges, a triple A pillar pod, a singel Din triple gauge holder.

EBC_Brakes.jpg
PerformanceAEM.jpg
tripledingauge.jpg
tripleapodgauge.jpg

As for body work changes, these are currently happening (March 2013), with the fitting of a new rear splitter, duck spoiler and Toms front bumper.
Here's how the parts looked before they went to the body shop. I should have pictures of the car as it is up by the weekend!

tomsfront.jpg
Duckspoiler.JPG

Edited by Arnold
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys

What manifold is that buddy, sorry if you may have already stated in your thread, it looks awesome, does the ext wastegate vent to atmosphere ?

It's the Tuning Developments one as part of the TD04 kit. The waste gate vents back into the exhaust but it can vent to atmosphere too.

Wow, that is cleaaaaan as hell!For the love of god paint that rocker cover though!

Yeah that's a sad sight. Ive been speaking with Dean about getting a custom one made up very soon

Also interest in this! Tell us details.

My mate who now works for koenigsegg in Sweden did this for me. It's a popular modification with Micras so he gave it a go on mine. It involves opening up the motor and repositioning where the arm starts and stops. Sounds simple but it was a bit of a pain and almost ended up in the bin

Ok got her back from the bodyshop again, so here's how she looks like now. Masking tape in the grill will be gone tomorrow, it's just supporting the mesh whilst the sealant dries.

glanza_fresh.jpg

Edited by Arnold

Looking good mate, I'm from Woking so not far from Chertsey where you take it, could be handy to know as i'm looking to TDO4 mine so maybe you could help if i had any questions.

Some great work going on!

Tobie

Thanks for the comments guys

Tobie, I take it to Fusion Motorsport. http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/ - They've done loads of high powered cars there and Ed really knows his stuff

Insurance renewed for another year, £590 or so with all the important mods declared, and that's with 1 claim and 9 years NCD. Happy days. Bit of an arse they keep claims against you for 5 years :(

Going to be doing little bits to the car tomorrow and hopefully give under the bonnet a bit of a clean! Photos will follow

This is freaking sweeeet!!

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...